Latest resources

FreeCamera NascarMan32
A new, working camera editor for NR2003!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - BRIS2 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - BRIS2
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - DAY3 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - DAY3
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - KAN1 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - KAN1
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - TEX1 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - TEX1
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

SRD Indycar 2014: Race 3 - Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim2488

Everything Bacon.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Reporter: We're catching up with todays 3rd place finisher Tim Kunkel, Tim you were close to grabbing the win what happened?

"Racing for the win, thats what happened *chuckles*. No we just had a helluva car all day, this B&T Motorsports Hankook Tires Chevy Dallara team really worked their butts off this weekend, we were way down the charts in both practices but started getting it turned around by qualifying when we qualified mid pack. The car honestly handled pretty crappy early in the race, I really couldn't make any moves to my advantage or disadvantage but then the Green Flag stops happened. Chad made a great call to stay out as long as we could for track position and we got really lucky when the caution came out to keep all we gained. Something clicked in the car and it was picking off spots left and right. When I got alongside of JJ & Jeremy I just got loose going into 3 and unfortunately clipped him just enough for us to both lose all momentum, a simple mistake while racing for the win, we'll get it back but I couldn't be happier with a podium today. Gotta thank Hankook, NAPA, Skullcandy, Chevy, KMC, Wawa, Stihl for all their support, we'll get it in victory lane sometime this season."

@TKunkel15- Ugh so close!!! #AlmostParkedIt

canadienhits

The Dominator, Cup champ.
Staff member
Paint Crew
Reaction score
Well, we were good out front in clean air. Once we got in the pack due to strategy, we couldn't move. It's frustrating to see other guys do well here with lesser equipment, but they have the car set up right or they have better strategy. This is the 2nd race in a row where we finished worse than we could have, and it's solely on my shoulders and my team's shoulders. We've got to get better. As it is now, we've got to have some amazing results on road courses coming up to keep from losing ground.

Devin41

I wanna go fast!
SRD Member
Reaction score
@MahoneyINDY74: Gotta get better at qualifying...we're never gonna have a good result racing around a bunch of idiots and getting caught up in their boneheaded on-track moves. The guys back at the Opp-Hooper, Inc. shop deserve better than to fix torn up cars from other people's mistakes every damn week.

Zoom

Real Men Race Dirt
SRD Member
Reaction score
Zoom - "Man we had a great car just got hung up at the end. Just a product of trying too hard by me and Kunkel otherwise we might have been able to get by JJ. Either way great job by our team and JJ for not making any mistakes at the end. This Target/Eneos team has been excellent so far this season and l look forward to the next few weeks."

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
SRD OFFICIALS ANNOUNCE PENALTIES FOR JOSH HAWKINS

SRD Indycar officials announced today that Josh Hawkins has been placed on probation and docked 20 points for careless/wreckless driving in yesterday's SRD Indycar race at Michigan. Josh started a multi-car wreck on lap 95 when he cut across three lanes of traffic to pit, hitting Joe Towianski, and collecting Sean English and Jacob Craigo. Craigo's car would end up going into the catch fence.

"There were talks of a 1 or 2 week suspension for Josh, but he's new to the circuit and this is the first time he's made a mistake as such. Although what he did was wrong, and honestly pretty brainless, we felt that a suspension was too much for a first time offender. Cole Motorsports, however, can choose to sit Josh out if they wish, as team punishments are separate."

The 20 point penalty moves Josh from 29th to 33rd in points.

moppenheimer

#Murica
SRD Member
Reaction score
"Im shocked the thing kept going frankly...eventually It gave out but man that's a tough racecer...No idea what that guy was thinking...Took out 2 of our cars with one bonehaeded move..."

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
SRD Member
Reaction score
*Jordan pulls into victory lane and jumps out of the car*

"Yeaaaah! Awesome, really awesome. That was really fun too, what a great time. I don't think I've had so much fun in my life. Kudos to Tim and Jeremy for making that as amazing as it was. I was so bad on the ovals last time, and now I know how to set it up baby, and this thing was a rocket today. Also, whatever happened to Dan, that was really, really dumb, he had the car to make that a battle with even more cars at the end, and it feels unbelievable."

"Two of the first three for English Motorsports, how do you feel about the shop as a whole."

"Great engineers and crew. Now it's Sean's turn to go and grab the flag."

Dodgeman4345

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Bobby Farrell - "I told you I didn't like that HD car. (Laughs) First of all congratulations to my teammate Jeff Jordon for picking up the win today. English Motorsports is really starting off this season strong. Now back to what happened on the track between Billy Nixon and I. It was unfortunate that we had our troubles on the track today. I really hated it for Billy. We were racing side by side and battling hard there. Probably harder then we should have been. I lost control of the car as it just pushed up and put us both in the wall. It pretty much destroyed our car and ended our race. We had to spend about 35 laps in the pits there just to get it repaired. Not that we had a good car to begin with but that just made it worse. Finishing 29th is not where we wanted to be today. These poor finishes are really hurting us in the points standings and rookie standings. We need to get back to the road courses."

Gwen Cole

93 Wins
SRD Member
Reaction score
No Team Punishments For Joshua Hawkins

Cole Motorsports announced today at Gateway International Speedway that Joshua Hawkins will face no further action past the 20 point penalty and probation from SRD Officials. Owner Ryan Cole had this to say, "I don't feel a suspension is right for his first time offense. He'll use this as a learning experience and we'll all move on eventually."

Saan Anguish

Inflictor of Pain
Staff member
Reaction score
"I've had a rough season start so far, and I'm pretty after that wreck, but i tell you what, I'm very happy with Bobby and JJ, and EMS as a whole right now. They're both in the Top-10 in points, and the team is 2nd. We're on fire, and I'm glad these guys are having such great runs so far."

ShorTrakRacer

Racecar Spelled Backward Is Racecar
SRD Member
Reaction score
Keith Batson: "Top 5 baby!!! This Sprite car ran great all day. My crew gave me great stops and I drove smooth all race. That's the performance that will win us races and maybe even a championship this year."

Status
Not open for further replies.