Latest resources

2020 ARCA Menards Series East Carset BryceO84
2020 ARCA Menards Series East Carset for the Gen6BR_cts mod.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - BRIS1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - CLT1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - DAR1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - PHO1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

SRD Indycar 2014: Race 4 - Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
First caution summary: Green flag pit stops begin, but during the stops, Jacob Craigo doesnt realize that Devin Mahoney is down low. Craigo moves to enter the access lane, makes contact with the 74, sending them both into the wall. This traps Jeremy Zumwalt, Curtis James, Daniel Asher, Brendan Gorman, Joe Towianski, Sean English, Gabriel Macena, Jerry Towns, Roger Sandri, Brendan Peavy, and Jacob Craigo a lap down.

Shane Lennox is your leader on the restart on lap 67.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Second caution summary: Curtis James' car would come to a stop in turn 3, bringing out the caution. This was a blessing for Jeremy Zumwalt, Daniel Asher, Sean English, Brendan Gorman, and Joe Towianski, as they would get their laps back and rejoin the tail end of the field.

Shane Lennox is putting on a clinic, and still leads on the restart. Lap 103.

-------------------------------

I'm too sick to continue the broadcast, I can barely focus and I'm back and forth between the laptop and the trashcan. I'm gonna give one last post on the rest of the event, sorry guys. We'll make up for it next week.

jacobc62

The OG NASCAR Tiger.
Banned
Reaction score
Hope you feel better Dan. Now go see a doctor.

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk 2

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
While Zumwalt, Asher, Gorman, English, and Towianski all got their laps back, they all were set for disappointment as they couldnt work their way through the field. Towianski and Asher made up the most ground, both getting into the top 15 come the end of the race, and a very frustrated Zumwalt wouldn't make the top 20 at his home track.

A late race altercation between Kyle Missimer and Zack Webster took place, when the 68 divebombed the 95 into turn 1 and clipped him, sending Webster into the wall and Missimer up track. They were battling for 10th, and both fell outside the top 15, with Webster falling out of the top 20. Webster's crew wasn't happy with the 68, and they voiced their displeasure since their pit boxes were next to each other...but officials stepping in before things got too heated.

Shane Lennox spanked the field after taking the lead from Curtis James, he would dominate the event to score career win #1. Jason Blanford and Orian Thompson rounded out the podium, with Hooper, Sr. and Batson rounding out the top 5. Mike Grube, in his first start, brought home a top 10 finish.

Full field runown at the line
Lennox
Blanford
Thompson
Hooper, Sr.
Batson
Braun
Cole
Jordan
Slaughter
Grube
Kunkel
Towianski
McDonnell
Asher
Nixon
Llamas
Curtain
Missimer
English
Demis
Oppenheimer
Webster
Farrell
Zumwalt
Gorman
Mahoney
Ingram
Towns -1 lap
Craigo -1 lap
Sandri -1 lap
James -1 lap
Peavy -1 lap
Macena -1 lap

Full recap and such will be tomorrow. If you have any questions regarding your drivers race, feel free to ask and I will answer.

canadienhits

The Dominator, Cup champ.
Staff member
Paint Crew
Reaction score
Well, it was our best result of the year, in a back-up car. I have to thank the crew that worked hard to get this Delo Lotus into race shape. We worked hard to get in the top five. We'll take that 4th place and work on it from there.

JBlanford74

FFGFYG
SRD Member
Reaction score
Another P2 for the Hess Ford. Hopefully we will be able to get our elusive first win soon.

Hendrick4life

319 Wins | 16 Championships
SRD Member
Reaction score
72CC - "Well James is obviously upset about the day, he will talk to reporters tomorrow morning"

jacobc62

The OG NASCAR Tiger.
Banned
Reaction score
Craigo - "I'm surprised I was able to run the entire race tonight. Really sucks that I ran into the other guy on the track. Spacing on his name because i'm so tired and fighting pain right now. I should be fine by next week...."

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk 2

labontefanboy

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
@VictoryLaneEnterprises-P9 for Kyle, P17 for Ant and P25 for Brendan. Not what we were looking for overall but still an improvement for Ant and another great run for Kyle. Bad luck happens and it caught the 47 team this week. #srdindycar

That sounds like a rough deal you've got Dan. I've been there so I know how much it sucks. Get well soon man.

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
SRD Member
Reaction score
"8th! After starting deep! Pretty solid, quiet day. I'm happy."

Get well soon Dan.

Devin41

I wanna go fast!
SRD Member
Reaction score
@Mahoney74INDY: Not much to say...we qualified well, we were running well and once again get taken out by someone. P26 #disappointing

AntCurtain

SRD Member
Reaction score
Anthony Curtain: Although our finish wasn't great, it shows great improvement and the fighting spirit our team has. Overall top 20 is pretty good for a road course team after starting near the back.

Gwen Cole

93 Wins
SRD Member
Reaction score
Get well soon Dan!

@RCole25 - 7th for me, 10th for Mike were good, if Brendan hadn't been trapped down, it would have been better. Pretty good day overall.

Racecarboy93

SRD Member
Reaction score
Towianski-"Crappy pit strategy, crappy day, nothing else to really say. The #5 B&T Motorsports Chevy Dallara was decent, just wish we went green there so we could have at least seen what it did once the pit cycle was over."

Get well Dan!

XxTeam48LowesXx

Jimmie Johnson Fan
SRD Member
Reaction score
@CLlamas48 - "Very happy with our 16th place finish! The whole team and I had to work our tails off to achieve that decent finish. Next week we may have a shot since Kansas Speedway is kinda a drafting type track like Michigan. In other news, Are we back at road courses yet? #MissingRoadCourses #SRDIndycar "

(( Get Better Soon Dan! (y)))

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Might be a little late on putting up a race recap. Image Hosting has become an issue and I'm currently looking through options. Gonna have to replace all the 2014 images in each thread, and all 2012 images have been lost. I'll get it up either today or tomorrow.

JBlanford74

FFGFYG
SRD Member
Reaction score
Don't sweat the small stuff Dan!!! No good to us if you're not healthy!! #SRDINDYRULES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.