Latest resources

2020 ARCA Menards Series East Carset BryceO84
2020 ARCA Menards Series East Carset for the Gen6BR_cts mod.
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - BRIS1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - CLT1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - DAR1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
18 - Monster Energy Supra - PHO1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

SRD Indycar 2014: Race 4 - Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodgeman4345

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Bobby Farrell - "It seemed like we had a pretty uneventful race there. We did luck out and avoided getting trapped a lap down when the caution came out during that round of green flag pit stops. I think that might have helped with our finishing position. It did trap some good cars a lap down. We were able to walk out of there with a 23rd place finish. Which is our best finish on an oval track this season. Hopefully we can carry that with us to Kansas. We are going to enjoy this upcoming off week. Maybe we can figure something out for our oval track program."

Enter Sandman

...And Justice For All
SRD Member
Reaction score
Roger Sandri declined interview, stating that, "If I wait much longer to get the hell out of this place I'm going to drop kick a reporter and you look like a good candidate."

Jagnole3

SRD Member
Reaction score
The Menards, Glidden hot rod had just stopped in victory lane. Sponsors and media descend upon the area. The team gather around and high five Shane as he's unbuckling. Shane emerges from the car and throws both fists into the air and everyone is cheering and clapping. Shane takes off his helmet and puts on a Menards cap in victory lane as he takes a big chug of Rockstar Energy.

Shane: **** yeah!!!!

He grabs one of the Budweiser Indy girls and lays a kiss on her that would make girls across the country swoon in envy. Shane high fives his chief engineer. Jon Beekhuis enters the scene with the cameras.

Jon: Shane, congratulations on a blistering drive. How does it feel to be a winner in SRD Indy?

Shane: Jon, this is incredible! I cannot believe what those guys gave me. My God, what a rocket! This car went wherever I put it and it had so much speed. I can't say enough about this team and Haas Racing! Being involved with these guys has been a blast so far. They get me and my complex nature and they give me excellent cars.

Jon: It seemed like when the series hit the ovals, this team kicked into another gear and you guys are showing to be serious contenders in your rookie year. How has the transition been for you from stock cars?

Shane: Well obviously, it's going pretty well, huh?! (chuckling and smiling). No, I tell you it has been a very good transition. I got in to one of these cars a little over a few months ago for the first time and it's been darn near seamless. I just took a liking to these things right off the bat and our oval program is terrific. I don't think this is going to be our only trip here to meet you, buddy. I think we can do this again.

Jon: You think this is a team that can win the whole thing?

Shane: Oh, I know this team can, but it's a matter of getting the driver to do his job. I tell ya, I gotta thank all the people at Menards, Glidden, GE, Ryobi, Chevy, and Haas! This wouldn't be possible without them. I'm having more fun than I've ever had racing and it's all because of them. Right now, though, Jon. We got some celebrating to do!!!

Shane pours some of the Rockstar on Jon and lets out a loud "woo" as he pumps his fists into the air.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I forgot about getting the race review up, I'll get to that ASAP...I've been busy as hell with some things.

ShorTrakRacer

Racecar Spelled Backward Is Racecar
SRD Member
Reaction score
Keith Batson: "ANOTHER 5th place finish. We just need to improve oh so slightly and we'll be fighting for the win. Great job by my crew today."

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
No screenshots for this race, sorry guys. Not much happened so you didn't miss much. Will add the winners photo at a later date.

SHANE LENNOX TAKES CAREER WIN #1 IN DOMINATE FASHION AT GATEWAY!

Shane Lennox put the field on notice with the most dominate performance thus far this season, leading 121 laps on the way to his first career Indycar victory. Lennox took the lead from Curtis James on lap 39 and never looked back. Jason Blanford continues his impressive rookie season, looking like a seasoned veteran out there with consistent good runs. Orian Thompson and John Hooper, Sr also showed some muscle with top 5 finishes, and Keith Batson made it back to back top 5's with his performance.

Jeremy Zumwalt went into this race with a huge points lead and all the momentum someone could ask for heading into their home track. That all came to a crashing halt though, when Zumwalt got trapped towards the rear of the field when the caution came out early in a green flag pit stop cycle. He would end up finishing a very disappointing 24th, and would watch his points lead fall to 1 point.

Race Statistics/Awards:
Pole Winner: Curtis James - 29.102 seconds
Front Runner: Shane Lennox - 121 laps lead
Met the Challenge: JJ Jordan - 18 positions improved
Headache of the Race: Curtis James - 30 places dropped
Rookie of the Race: Shane Lennox - 1st place finish
Caution Summary: 2 cautions for 11 laps
Lead Changes/Leaders: 1 lead change among 2 drivers
Race Time: 1 hour, 13 minutes, 31 seconds

Full Results/Points:
Shane Lennox dominates Gateway, Jason Blanford continues to impress, Orian Thompson, John Hooper, Sr., and Keith Batson round out the top 5.

Shane Lennox cuts Jeremy Zumwalt's point lead to 1 point.

Ford Performance Racing continues to lead the Team Standings, Jason Blanford takes the lead in the Rookie of the Year lead, and Chevrolet extends their points lead in the Manufacturer standings.

That's a very late wrap from Madison, Illinois! Congrats to Shane Lennox and the entire #7 team, the tread for this weekends event at Kansas will be posted tonight.

Dodgeman4345

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Bobby Farrell - "We are really hurting in the Points Standings and the Rookie Points right now. We dropped out of the Top 10 in points. We are pretty far back in those rookie points. I think we have one more oval race that we have to deal with. Then we can get back on some road courses."

Status
Not open for further replies.