1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

SRD Indycar 2016: Race 11 - Twin Ring Motegi

Discussion in 'SRD IndyCar Offline League' started by nj9703, Jan 7, 2017.

1. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

Lap 111: Gegner now has a 0.6 second lead as Ingram was held up by Trey Coleman.
    IMG_4098.JPG

Lap 113: Ingram cuts the lead to 0.3 seconds in two laps. And Dominik Karda goes into the catchfence on the front straightaway! Ingram catches Gegner but can't get by him at the line.

2. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Willy B Baby

2CC - "Don't do anything to brash yet, you've still got time."
    2 - "No promises."

3. Christopher Witmer

Christopher Witmer Sonoma Raceway God

27 - "Day done early, fuck man, great effort by the crew, too much damage, get em' next week."

4. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

Caution #11: Three wide just doesn't seem to work with these drivers today. Karda was on the bottom of the three wide group with Coleman and Merzlak, and spun across in front of them. Karda goes up into he catchfence as Coleman and Merzlak spin and collide with each other.
    IMG_4099.JPG

James Gegner gives up the lead to pit! He'll have to pass a whopping 7 cars in order to return to the lead, as the three drivers involved this incident have retired. Darren Ingram will lead them to the green.

5. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 I Am Indy

40 - "Well, we're out of the Death Bowl. I hope Chris can keep his points lead."

6. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

Lap 118: Green Flag- Darren Ingram takes off to a large lead.

Lap 119: Gegner with those fresh tires has already made his way to second in two laps!
    IMG_4100.JPG

7. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

Lap 120: James Gegner side by side with Darren Ingram down the backstraightaway! Off of turn 4, he's got the lead!
    IMG_4101.JPG

8. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

Lap 121: 10 TO GO- James Gegner with a half second lead.

9. Mike24

Mike24 Well-Known Member

"Going to get sushi...hate to crash out, but in seeing how this has unfolded...that's thr safest place we can be. Thanking the Lord everyone is okay. Let's cross Motegi off of any future schedules now."

10. Darren Ingram

2CC - "Do what you can. He's got better tires."
    2 - "I know."

11. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

It's called Roleplaying, Noah. ;) I would be too focused on giving Sean English the verbal middle finger to see if Joshua was still on track or not. That said, no hard feelings in real life to the guy.

*After a few choice words*

Reporter: "And I'm here with the driver of the #62 car, Jacob Craigo, who just gave Sean English a piece of his mind. Jacob, what were your thoughts on the wreck?"
    Craigo: "My thoughts? Well nothing I can repeat in front of an audience, that's for sure.... I mean the guy made an idiotic move and took out several good cars, including ours. I would be surprised if the other drivers taken out by that weren't mad..... Anyways,I'm gonna go enjoy an ice cold Coca-Cola before I put my foot in my mouth on TV...."
    Reporter: "Thank you for your time."

12. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

Lap 128: 3 TO GO: Spencer battling with Ingram for second, that's slowing up Ingram's advance toward Gegner.

13. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

Lap 129: 2 TO GO- Gegner with a 0.39 second lead at the stripe.
    IMG_4103.JPG

14. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

Lap 130: WHITE FLAG- James Gegner has one more lap to go for a win at Twin Ring Motegi!
    IMG_4104.JPG

15. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

CHECKERED FLAG: Off of turn 4, James Gegner wins in Motegi!
    IMG_4105.JPG

And Austin Spencer just barely takes second by 0.02 seconds!
    IMG_4106.JPG

16. Darren Ingram

2 - "Damn, we blew it."
    2CC - "Bad call on my part. We'll get back to victory lane soon."
    2 - "It happens. I'm ready to get back."

17. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

Gegner Wins In Motegi
    IMG_4107.JPG
    After a wild, wild 130 laps James Gegner found his way to victory lane. The driver of the #29 scored Towns, Inc. it's second win of the season, and it's second of the International Tour. He and six other drivers may have had good luck's hand on their side today, as they were the only ones to finish this race. Some drivers made contact with SRD Officials about the safety of this track, to which Officials replied by saying they would open an investigation into today's incidents. At the end of the day, when the points were tallied up, John Hooper Sr. had climbed his way to the top of the boards, with an eight point advantage over Jon Peterson. Christopher Witmer, involved in the days first accident, finished in the 31st position, and fell to fifth after entering the race as the points leader. Results as well as Drivers, Constructors, and Rookie of the Year Standings are below, with Oval and International Tour Standings coming soon.
    IMG_4110.JPG
    (Ignore the points category)
    IMG_4108.JPG
    IMG_4109.JPG

(SRDN) (1/8/2017)

NascarGuy42 likes this.
  18. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 SRD IndyCar Series Director

@ahspencer01: "Awesome job by my guys giving us a great car. Stayed up front all day and avoided wrecks, pumped to get a finish we've deserved for a while now."

19. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

Reporter: "We're here with Sean English after that incident on Lap 8. Sean, Jacob mentioned you made an idiotic move out there. What are your thoughts?"
    English: "First of all, I just want to apologize for everyone else that got caught up in that when I tried to save my car. Anyone driving these machines knows how tough it can be to maintain control and prevent a bigger accident when you're spinning like that. I was hoping everyone would have gotten away clean on that one."
    Reporter: "What about the contact with Craigo, what happened there?"
    English: "I had a run, and reacted to his move. I will say that I find it quite hilarious that he's calling me the idiotic driver when he's the one dive-bombing and throwing blocks 8 laps in to a 130 lap race. That doesn't made a damn bit of sense to me, but what do I know, I'm the idiot right? He wants to drive like an ass and blame it on other people, he can expect the same results back."
    Reporter: "And that was Sean with this thoughts."

TColeman12 likes this.
  20. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

Reports that Tim Kunkel suffered a fractured right arm and bruised shoulder in today's accident, will meet with doctors prior to next weeks race.