SRD Indycar 2016: Race 11 - Twin Ring Motegi

Discussion in 'SRD IndyCar Offline League' started by nj9703, Jan 7, 2017.

1. nj9703

nj9703 SRD Truck Series Director

Road Course Championship Standings
    Witmer - 25
    Peterson - 24
    Durbin - 24
    Towns - 21
    Farrell - 20
    Burr - 19
    Tustin - 18
    Curtain - 17
    Missimer - 16
    Ingram - 16
    Johnston - 15
    Craigo - 12
    Spencer - 12
    Karda - 11
    Gegner - 10
    Coleman - 10
    Peavy - 9
    Hooper Sr - 9
    DeCosta - 8
    Root - 5
    O'Reilly - 5
    Chrasta - 4
    Michaels - 4
    Kunkel - 4
    Joyce - 3
    Merzlak - 3
    English - 2
    Peters - 2
    Kunkel - 1
    Harris - 1

International Championship Standings
    Peterson - 16
    Durbin - 15
    Ingram - 15
    Towns - 14
    Spencer - 12
    Karda - 11
    Gegner - 10
    Coleman - 10
    Hooper Sr - 9
    Missimer - 7
    Witmer - 7
    Craigo - 7
    Peavy - 7
    Johnston - 6
    Burr - 6
    O'Reilly - 5
    Merzlak - 3
    Peters - 2
    Harris - 1
    Kunkel - 1

2. games123

games123 NXS & NCWTS Painter

@games123racing : "The race was a $**t show, but at least I got drivers in 2nd and 3rd now."

3. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

"I wonder how I got 9th out of this..."

4. TColeman12

TColeman12 Moderator Moderator

Coleman was taken to the infield care center reportedly feeling dizzy. There he was diagnosed with a Grade 2 concussion coming from his wreck with Dominik Karda and Steven Merzlak. It is unknown if he will be able to return next week

5. jgegner

jgegner Find New Roads Moderator

Victory Lane Interview with James Gegner, Winner at Twin Ring Motegi

*James makes the turn into Victory Lane and shuts off the engine*

*He unhooks his belts and steering wheel, takes off his helmet and puts on a TWC/Spectrum hat, then takes a big swig of an ice cold Coke before climbing out of his winning car to celebrate with his Towns, Inc. crew*

*YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!*

*Coca-Cola gets sprayed everywhere, soaking everyone in Victory Lane in a sticky, sugary mess. James's teammates, team owner Jerry Towns as well as Tim Johnston, arrive in Victory Lane to congratulate him. Dr. Jerry Punch approaches.*

Dr. Jerry Punch: "I'm here with James Gegner, who has just scored his first victory in the SRD IndyCar Series race at Twin Ring Motegi. James this is your first win in the SRD IndyCar Series. You nearly won this race last year, so how does it feel to finally break through into the win column?"

JG#29: "It's an awesome feeling, Jerry. After finishing second to Brendan Gorman last year, I said to myself, "This place owes us one," and I vowed that I would do what it took to win this race. This is actually the very same car we used to finish second here last year. The only thing we did was to put new bodywork on it."

Dr. JP: "James, it looked like a pretty wild race out there with all the crashes. How did you manage to avoid them?"

JG#29: "First of all, I just hope everyone is okay, because there were some pretty horrific looking crashes. I guess it was just pure luck that I avoided them all. I'd also like to take this time to thank my sponsors, namely Time Warner Cable, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, U-Haul, Chevrolet, and most importantly, Towns, Inc. for giving me the opportunity to drive for them this season."

Dr. JP: "James, enjoy your well-deserved victory. It was a pleasure interviewing you, as always."

JG#29: "I most certainly will, Jerry. It was my pleasure."

James

6. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

Well, I survived. Barely.

7. GambitJon

GambitJon Well-Known Member

Well we crashed out but dang I don't know how many times we crashed and the guys just kept going huge props to them. we are doing awesome because of them. I just love this team we work hard we got three damage beyond repair cars however we are going to be one top when it comes down to it.

8. Rykia

Rykia Well-Known Member

Durbin, "Can't thank the team enough, they worked on the car all race to make it competitive. We definitely didn't have the best car all weekend, but we survived the carnage and took advantage, and this was a day we really needed after last round. This season is really beginning to come together, and a few more good runs like this, and I think this 86 team could be a huge threat."

9. AntCurtain

AntCurtain Well-Known Member

Anthony Curtain: "Well, it wasn't the prettiest way to get a top 15, but my team did a great job keeping this mess of a car out on the track after that first crash, and when we crashed out, we were far enough up that it worked out."

10. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ. Moderator

How we managed the points lead....or for that matter missing most of the wrecks, I don't know. I'm just happy to get out of here and on to Canada.