SRD IndyCar 2016: Race 5 - Charlotte

Discussion in 'SRD IndyCar Offline League' started by nj9703, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

STAY LOW STAY LOW, phewww Holy crap. Back it down, they wrecked hard after you passed

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  2. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

CAUTION #3: Jerry Towns was trying to merge into the line of lead cars and spun across Cody Llamas front wing. Llamas slid up into the wall, corkscrewing through the air, as Towns back end hit the wall, flipping him around. This caused the #14's front wing to hit the wall, sending Towns' car barrel rolling. Ray Tustin and Matt O'Reilly were coming off turn four and, through the smoke, went low instead of high. Tustin hit the #14 square on the rear end, and O'Reilly squeezed Tustin into Towns' car, sending Tustin off the ground. Both Llamas and O'Reilly drove away with serious damage. Cleanup has begun and the cars have been stopped on the back straightaway.
    IMG_3352.JPG IMG_3353.JPG IMG_3354.JPG IMG_3355.JPG IMG_3356.JPG

3. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

4. Tim2488

NOPE. - Onboard from Tim Kunkel

5. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

All SRD Indy officials have been called to the trailer in the infield by series directors.

6. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I please have your attention. Due to the amount of crashes involving cars flipping and large objects flying into the catchfence tonight, SRD IndyCar officials have made the difficult decision to call this race official. Michael Peters has been named the official winner of this race. SRD IndyCar officials would like to apologize to all fans who expected a full 201 lap race tonight, but took the factor of driver and fan safety at a higher priority. All fans in attendance can collect a raincheck to the next SRD sanctioned event at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Charlotte Motor Speedway and the SRD IndyCar sanctioning body would like to apologize once again for the cutting short of this race. All those in attendance are welcome to remain at the track to see Peters take the checkered flag tonight. Thank you for your cooperation, and drive home safely."

7. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Arabella

40 - "Jesus fucking Christ. That was awful."

8. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

We need to be smarter and not race here. Someone's gonna get fucking killed. - Tony Stewart, probably.

9. Tim2488

*Standing outside his Pitbox talking with a few reporters*
    "I guess we're not sure where we finished, SRD Officials are sorting out the results..."
    "Yea I am a bit shaken by what I saw, Im just glad that everyone walked away...."
    "No officials definitely did the right thing, this could have been catastrophic like Vegas in 2011. These cars are just too fast for this type of pack racing."

10. Christopher Witmer

Christopher Witmer Sonoma Raceway God

"I knew after that first wreck that this whole entire race was gonna be a shitfest, who would put over 20 cars on a track like Charlotte? It's just like Las Vegas and we already knew what happen there in 2011, unbelieveable!"

11. Chowda17

Following Sunday's race, DeCosta is rumored to be pulling out of the IndyCar series.

"What they should have seen as a blatant danger was ignored, and I really don't know if I want to be in this anymore."

12. Chowda17

Calling a race when a driver you spent a whole post overhyping.

Just going to flat out say it. It's rigged. I'm tired of this shit.

13. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

Peters Tastes Victory in Charlotte
    IMG_3359.JPG
    In a race full of nasty wrecks, and close, 220 mile per hour racing, including 57 lead changes, Michael Peters took home the victory in the inaugural Queen City 201. The race was concluded after only 116 laps, as SRD IndyCar officials decided the event was too unsafe to continue following an awful incident involving Jerry Towns, Cody Llamas, Ray Tustin, and Matt O'Reilly. Peters takes the win after a series of bad finishes he has had to start off his comeback season. Full finishing results can be seen below.

IMG_3360.PNG
    (SRDN) (11/6/2016)

14. Mike24

Mike24 Well-Known Member

Really? If you're going to pick a track and follow through with running it knowing the pack racing thing; just make sure you run it to completion.

I'll take the win; but I feel like if we knew this was going to be a attrition heavy race...pick an oval that supports these cars and doesn't wreck over half the field.

15. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

You're getting overworked over nothing. It's an offline league for goodness sakes. I was exporting the standings after every 10 or so laps, in fear of my game crashing yet again, and after the race back to the line I exported them again. I didn't even know who had the lead because I was focused on the crash. And guess what? As soon as I went back into the race after taking those screenshots of the wreck, my game crashed. I felt it would just be best to call it quits. None of this is rigged. End of story.

jgegner likes this.
  16. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director Moderator

This is why testing tracks before racing them is advisable.

TColeman12, Dom, Zoom and 1 other person like this.
  17. Mike24

Mike24 Well-Known Member

Ah. Makes sense. Glad to have the explanation along with it.

I will accordingly celebrate.

18. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

I tested this strenuously. Every test race had two or three big wrecks at the beginning and clean pack racing for the rest of the race. My game continued to crash, as said above.

19. DanAsher26

DanAsher26 Moderator Moderator

If the game crashed you should just restart...almost everyone who's ran a league here has done it that way. Another tip is to prerecord your races if you don't, so if the game crashes you just gotta reload a replay...not only that, but you can avoid cluster fuck races that way.

Mike24 likes this.
  20. Tim2488

Alright with the explanation I feel better. Thats what sucks about offline leagues and tracks, shit don't wanna work when you want it to!