1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

SRD IndyCar 2016: Race 5 - Charlotte

Discussion in 'SRD IndyCar Offline League' started by nj9703, Nov 3, 2016.

1. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Lesson learned: NEVER place Indycars, real or fictional, onto a 1.5 mile cookie-cutter.....

Chowda17 likes this.
  2. Mike24

Mike24 Well-Known Member

The high amount of cars involved with crashed and the FPS hit at times during them may be related to the game crashing too.

Plus, the pack racing for the IndyCars is not that great. A fun high-speed track...some drafting but also spreads out. Think Michigan.

3. nj9703

nj9703 Non sibi sed patriae

You've all brought up some great points. I'd like to apologize for this, I feel pretty bad about it now.

My question now is, what would you like me to do?

Leave this race as called, finish it later in the season (like how the real IndyCar Series finished Texas this season), or run it at a different track later in the season?

4. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

I'd do it at a different track, if continued. As we've seen twice, the same result has happened with the game crashing.

Would think the same would happen again.

I'm sorry for getting pissed. All leagues need a Tony :mad:

5. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director

The race made it past halfway, so I would take the lessons learned and move on.

6. Mike24

Mike24 Well-Known Member

Two thoughts....

1.) Reset like Texas?

85 lap sprint to the finish.
    Re-rack the starting grid based on lap 116; and let all 33 re-start.

2.) call the race abandoned and put Michigan on the schedule for later in the season. Or Gateway.

7. Mike24

Mike24 Well-Known Member

But if you keep the results, I'll gladly take the win, lol :p

ahspencer01 likes this.
  8. sadlerfan21

sadlerfan21 Well-Known Member

I'm cool with whatever comes of this. Don't really matter to me.

9. nj9703

Thank you for your opinions @Chowda17, @Chevellion, and @Mike24. I believe that I'll be taking Chev's route since, as he said, it went past halfway. I'm sorry, once again. Charlotte will not return to the schedule, that's for sure.

10. AntCurtain

AntCurtain Well-Known Member

Anthony Curtain: "That was certainly a crazy race. I'm glad everyone in that accident was okay, it was definitely a scary one. It sucks that we had to learn the hard way about racing at these sorts of tracks, but I definitely respect the IndyCar officials for deciding to call the race. The race was getting much more intense, and the chance of an even worse accident was pretty high.
    "Despite that, I sort of wish that we could have kept going since we had such a good car this weekend. I was really happy with the seventh place finish we were able to put together for our Asics Chevy."

11. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 SRD IndyCar Series Director

@ahspencer01: "Disappointed, thought we had a really good car tonight. Just got run over. Looking forward to next week."

I know, it's just something an angry driver would say at the time.

12. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

Now a DNF, like this season can actually go any better.

I think I'm the only person yet to score a top 15 finish :mad:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  13. Mike24

Mike24 Well-Known Member

*above shot of victory lane, announcer narration*

Leigh Diffy: "It has been four and a half years since he's rolled into victory lane, but in his fifth race in his comeback season, Michael Peters is an IndyCar winner once again!"

*camera transitions to victory lane floor...Marty Snider approaches 00 car. Peters emerges to confetti, stands on top of side pod, pumps fists in the air and signals #1*

MSnider: "Welcome back, Michael. Career win #3, and in just your fifth race after a four year hiatus. How does it feel?"

MP: "Marty, it feels like the first one. Brand new team, first win in a Ford ever, I'm just so grateful for the opportunity to drive these FPR cars. We've had a rough season so far across the board; some of its bad luck, but we've just been scratching our heads to figure something out. This weekend, all three cars were rocket ships. Kyle definitely had the best car of the three of us, and Peavy ran really well;I'm bummed that they had trouble, but ad a whole, this was a good momentum builder for FPR that I hope can jumpstart our season.

I'm also very thankful to the Lord that no one had any very serious injuries tonight. It was a really hectic race; and I feel bad for the fans getting a shortened race, but the officials made a good call. I was all for restarting the event later; but I will absolutely take the win; these are so hard to come by."

MS: "Do the circumstances around the win take anything away from it for you?"

MP: "Not at all, Marty. We fought to be up front all race, and we were strong all night. You could say 'right place, right time' and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm so proud of these Chick-Fil-A guys; we've been in the 'wrong place, wrong time' more often this year, and its great for things to go right for us, and they deserve it. I know how hard it is to win these races, and they are all sweet no matter how you get the W. again, above all, just thanking God that everyone could come away from tonight's race safe."

MS: "thank you Michael, its great to have you back."

14. TColeman12

TColeman12 Dale Jr, off of 4, one last time...

"I'm pissed, end of story."

15. KnightHoarder

KnightHoarder Well-Known Member

"Glad we won't be returning to Charlotte in the Indy Car Series after this race, great way to get someone killed running at a track like this. On a lighter note, hopefully we can rebound and get back to the way we started this season, with good finishes. 3 races in a row with finishes of 20th or worse is unacceptable."

16. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Well, that was interesting. This track produces such high speeds, it's almost dangerous. We are proud to have had Mental Health America on-board this weekend. Well time to move on.

17. Crazyy

Crazyy Active Member

Michaels: 8th position, I'll gladly take it. They were some close calls in this race, and well I hope everyone is alright afterwards.

18. nj9703

Updated points will be posted later today along with the Race 6 thread.

19. nj9703

Points following Charlotte:
    IMG_3428.JPG

20. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

@DJ_on_UNSC: Might as well kiss our chance at a championship this year goodbye. 147 points is not enough to pull out of our ass.