SRD IndyCar Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'SRD IndyCar Offline League' started by nj9703, May 29, 2016.

1. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

Announcement.png
    With June approaching, it's that time of the year. SRD IndyCar will return this October. So, with that, let the silly season begin!

The Big Three:
    1. With Zoom stepping out, I will be running the SRD IndyCar Series this season. I hope I don't fail you guys!
    2. Two new tracks, Charlotte Motor Speedway and the Yas Marina Circuit will be added to the schedule.
    3. Mazda will be added to the list of available manufacturers this season

Driver/ Team/ etc. sign ups will be up in a matter of time.

I want to thank Jeremy and Daniel for giving me this opportunity to keep this series alive.

Team Chart Link:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=17-nGTnC_bNcgaUamAQvn4G6LxI_9FCN30ac-81WC2Gc

(Yes I realize the graphic should say Autumn and not Winter, but I lost the .psd)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    jacobc62 likes this.
  2. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Craigo announces possibility for final Indycar season, enters bid for team ownership

Jacob Craigo has announced that the 2016 SRD Indycar season shall most likely be his last. He is also looking to bring Craigo Racing Inc. to the world of open wheel racing....

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  3. DanAsher26

DanAsher26 Moderator Moderator

I know I'm not the owner anymore, but still, I'm gonna shoot this down before it gets considered. A shared Championship bid in Indycar would be far too unfair towards full time drivers, since that team would have the ratings to run up front in every race while full time drivers would struggle in half the schedule. So really, it's full-time or nothing.

nj9703 likes this.
  4. jacobc62

Fair enough. Removed the stuff about a partial schedule.

5. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

Here is the link to decide on the new manufacturer. Voting will close Saturday...

[Voting Closed]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    jgegner likes this.
  6. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

Kunkel indecisive about future in Series, B&T possibly backing out to focus on National and Cup?

Driver and owner of B&T Motorsports Tim Kunkel has made it unclear whether he will continue to field a B&T backed Chevy chassis in the Indycar Series in the upcoming season. "It's hard to say yet if we'll be back this season at least in this series. We've been in the series for a couple seasons now and have been bettering our performance as the seasons have come along. But along with that, times are changing, the costs are becoming quite an issue to field cars in both this series, SRD National and Cup. Basically it's damage control if we do pull out this season." Kunkel also added that if they were to not field a ride this season he would like to possibly drive for another team. "I've been in constant contact with my sponsors and I've asked if we were to stop with our own team and move to another that they'd agree to follow."

7. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ. Moderator

I need OPP, Inc. drivers to message me. Thanks

8. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 YA LIKE JAZZ?!

Jesse Dalton Thinking About Running IndyCar
    SRD Truck Series driver Jesse Dalton commented after the race at Bowmanville that he would like to race an IndyCar to get more Road Course experience. We don't know what he'll do if he joins IndyCar, but we suspect he would try to bring JD Racing over from the Truck Series.

9. TColeman12

TColeman12 #HAVOCLIVESATVCU

Coleman looking to form IndyCar team
    Trey Coleman, 2015 SRD National Series Champion and ROTY, is looking to bring Coleman Racing to the IndyCar series. The team would run Fords.

Edit: I probably will have 1,000 posts in the next week or so.

10. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Zumwalt retiring, stepping down from team management

After Zumwalt's final Indycar season in 2015, the co-owner of the FPR Indycar team is selling off his portion of the team giving full ownership over to Kyle Missimer (@Chevellion ). Zumwalt reported in a statement before the Cup season began that he would be leaving all SRD series by the end of stock car seasons. A few media outlets have also reported that he will be shifting his focus from being a team owner to a track owner, citing that Zumwalt had bought ownership of a few dirt tracks across the country.

TColeman12 likes this.
  11. frow78

frow78 I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.

National Series driver Connor Root looking to expand into Indycar
    Connor Root, driver of the #1 Aaron's Camaro, told the press that he was 'looking to diversify his racing career' in the next couple of months. He was quoted as saying "The (Indy) 500 is a dream to me- it's what every racer out there wants to be a part of at some time in their life. We're looking around to see what teams are open and hopefully will be able to secure a ride for next season."

12. jacobc62

Primary sponsor lined up for Craigo

Jacob Craigo announced today that the one of the sponsors lined up to be displayed on his car in the upcoming season shall be McDonald's. There are also talks of a new sponsor or two being brought into the world of motorsports via Craigo's machine.

13. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

Ingram to start his own team?

With B&T Motorsports owner Tim Kunkel announcing that the team may not be continuing on into next season, it is rumored that Darren Ingram is exploring the idea of opening his own team for the IndyCar season. "While I'm not going to rule out the possibility of owning a team this season, I'm also not going to rule out the possibility of me running for another team if B&T isn't back. There's a lot of time before the season starts, and I don't want to rush into anything. My number one priority at the moment is winning the SRD Cup Championship."

14. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

Here's how the new manufacturer poll is looking. Remember if you haven't voted yet you have until Saturday at 12PM EST to do so.
    image.png

15. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, the person who drives a Honda in real life is triggered. :mad:

16. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

But on a side note, I'm interested in starting up a team if I can operate one.

17. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

May I ask why? lol

18. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director Moderator

This is in addition to the current manufacturers, correct?

19. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

Yes. Chevy, Ford, and Honda will all still be options, as well as the new one.

20. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

1 hour remaining in the vote.

EDIT: Voting closed. New manufacturer will be announced later.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016