SRD IndyCar Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'SRD IndyCar Offline League' started by nj9703, May 29, 2016.

1. TColeman12

TColeman12 #HAVOCLIVESATVCU

I don't blame you. People who want to participate in this league should be active, and show that they want to be part of it. That is why I like @Chevellion's idea of being rewarded for your league participation in the Cup Series.

Chowda17 likes this.
  2. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

That's why I have the utmost respect for @Chevellion and anyone who stays active here.
    I'd rather have people who are passionate about the community be in these leagues. People who have the common courtesy to respond to a message.

TColeman12 likes this.
  3. TColeman12

See if @KnightHoarder wants a spot. He's pretty active on here. Just send him a PM, he'd probably love to join. I don't think there is a post requirement, is there @TruckSeries?

4. sadlerfan21

sadlerfan21 Want some candy?

The thing that baffles me is that if they knew they weren't going to be involved even a little bit, why would they join something that requires involvement?

5. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Honestly, it's the primary reason for me starting my own team...... except i was on the other end of things with BillyJack, the team owner, not replying to my PMs and being active himself.....

6. Chowda17

It's kind of how I feel in Cup. Had I known I could own my own Cup team, honestly I think the interest is higher there and I would have had people joining.

7. Chowda17

Chowda Performance signs @KnightHoarder to drive No. 24 Haas Honda
    KnightHoarder will replace @shaneshine23 behind the wheel of Chowda Performance's third entry, Ryan DeCosta announced Saturday.
    Citing lack of involvement, a move needed to be made.
    KnightHoarder brings a Haas sponsorship, and the No. 24.
    No scheme was presented at press time.

Dom and TColeman12 like this.
  8. KnightHoarder

KnightHoarder Well-Known Member

"When @Chowda17 asked me if I wanted to join his team for Indy Car, I thought it was a no brainer. I haven't done anything in Indy Car before so this will be a fun venture very similar to me joining the Truck Series. I chose 24 for being a fan of Chase Elliott and wanted to use a number I haven't done before. I'm glad to be able to partner with HAAS CNC/Automation in this series. They have been my sponsor in other leagues and I have had a lot of success with them. I feel that joining Chowda's team here in the Indy Car Series that we can get this #24 HAAS CNC Honda in Victory Lane this year. The paint scheme will be unveiled soon along with a 2nd sponsor for the season as well. I can't wait to get the season under way and hopefully we can be a contender and run up front for wins!"

Dom, Chowda17 and TColeman12 like this.
  9. Mike24

Mike24 Well-Known Member

@DoubleAughtMike: "If we win Daytona, free Chick-Fil-A for the paddock and fans at the next race. #EatMorChikin #HungyForTheWin"

10. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

Guys, if you can help paint flats (even if it's just a temporary one) for any of the drivers who haven't turned theirs in yet, please do so. I really don't want to delay Daytona another week.

jgegner likes this.
  11. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Arabella

Do you mind if @Tetronix's one-off isn't done yet? I've been busy with school and other things.

Tetronix likes this.
  12. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

I'm okay if one-offs aren't completed, they just need to be turned in by the race they are to be ran in.

Tetronix likes this.
  13. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Arabella

Aight ;)

Tetronix likes this.
  14. KnightHoarder

KnightHoarder Well-Known Member

I'll have my RTIC Coolers car done tomorrow but if someone can help me out with designing my Haas Automation car that would be greatly appreciated.

15. TColeman12

I'll be doing @DropBack's flats. It'll be a temporary scheme and will later be swapped with his official schemes.

DropBack likes this.
  16. jgegner

jgegner Find New Roads Moderator

Gegner shows off his new rides for 2016 SRD IndyCar season

James Gegner, driver of the #29 Chevy Dallara DW12 for Towns, Inc., unveiled his new rides for the 2016 SRD IndyCar season. "I really want to thank @games123 for painting these cars for me. They really look sharp!"
    29TWC_Invert_render.png
    29_5G_Invert_render.png

James

games123 likes this.
  17. MattyO

MattyO Retired

As reported earlier today, it is now official. With the help of @Chevellion, Matt O'Reilly and Chowda Performance (@Chowda17 ) have signed a deal with Rolex and Matt O'Reilly's long time partnership Gulf Oil for the rest of the year in the SRD Indy Car series. Funding from both sponsors should help with team moral and from a performance standpoint. Matt O'Reilly wasn't available for the press conference, as he was testing tires at Indianapolis earlier today.

[​IMG]

18. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director Moderator

Any updates on when we can expect the next event @TruckSeries ?

19. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

The 15th or 16th, as said in the schedule.

20. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

All race events will hopefully be ran tomorrow. If not, practice and qualifying will be ran tomorrow and the race on Monday. Sorry,