SRD IndyCar Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'SRD IndyCar Offline League' started by nj9703, May 29, 2016.

1. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director Moderator

FPR is considering a livery adjustment to the 68 - more to follow soon.

2. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

Does anyone think they can help me finish out this season? If anyone can, I would appreciate it. It would give all of you guys a much better season, which you deserve. If not, probably every race except the championship race won't be broadcasted. Time is just not in my hands right now. I want to run these races and do the broadcasts, but I overestimated how much time I would have at this time.

3. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 World's Only Logano Fan

I would be more than willing to help out.

nj9703 likes this.
  4. ahspencer01

As Noah has said, he is having issues keeping up with the schedule due to other things going on in his life. So, I will be doing the rest of the races for this season. I am slightly new to this style of broadcasting races, so be patient with me, I'm trying to learn as quick and as well as I can. I will try to do the Montreal race weekend this weekend, but as figures, I may be busy. Practice/Qualifying for sure Thursday, race will be either Friday evening, Saturday early afternoon, or Monday evening.

nj9703 likes this.
  5. ahspencer01

As the weekend approaches, it is looking like I may not be able to ever have enough time in a day to do the race this weekend. Biggest possibility right now is Practice/Quals on Monday and Race on either Tuesday or Wednesday. Sorry, but it's the best I can do right now.

6. ahspencer01

Reading through the threads since I will be taking over the IndyCar Series, I guess, just understanding everything a bit better, and I see this.

7. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director Moderator

Aftershock Leaves the 68 After Disappointing Season

After a lackluster season that saw the 68 fail to contend for a single win, Aftershock Brewery has announced it will be parting ways with FPR, effective immediately. Aftershock will continue to sponsor Missimer's Cup program for the remainder of 2017, but is expected to leave that team at the end of the season. No information regarding a potential replacement was provided, though the team has begun talks with backpack maker Dakine.

8. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Arabella

SMR Retains Witmer, Drops 4 Sponsors for 2017

Steven Merzlak Racing expects to keep Christopher Witmer despite his actions at Barber. California Pizza Kitchen, Fanatec, Westinghouse, and Realtree are not expected to return.

When asked about sponsorship woes, Merzlak replied, "We've got some deals coming up soon that should really give us some good funding. Stay tuned!"

9. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

Joyce Announces Departure from CRI, Bid for Team Ownership
    Noah Joyce announced today that he will be departing from Craigo Racing, Inc. after a lackluster rookie campaign. Joyce said that he is entering a bid to bring his team, Joyce Racing, into the series should a spot become open. No other information was revealed.

10. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Craigo announces future plans for Indycar

It was a breakout year for Craigo Racing Inc. Despite a lack of wins during the season, the team was able to help Andrew Burr win ROTY honors. Jacob Craigo, the owner, has stated that the team will return for the next season. When asked about Noah Joyce's departure, CRI officials declined commenting.

Noah Joyce isn't the only departure. After several lackluster seasons, Craigo himself has called it quits for open wheel racing. This leaves at least 2 cars driverless next year, although that doesn't appear to phase the team.

11. TColeman12

TColeman12 #HAVOCLIVESATVCU

Coleman Racing set to return in 2017; Michaels and Blanford expected to retain positions as drivers

Trey Coleman announced in a press conference today, that Coleman Racing will return in 2017. He said it was a fun season, but is considering giving up his spot on the team to another driver. "I feel the sport is getting safer each and every day, but after that concussion I suffered, I need to reconsider my options." He also stated that he assumes Joshua Michaels and Jason Blanford will return as drivers.

12. LarryFoyt50

LarryFoyt50 I have full control.

Towns not fully satisfied with first full season
    Jerry Towns said on his website that he was glad to be behind the wheel on a SRD vehicle and get a win at Bahrain. General improvements are excepted as James Genger grabbed the win at the wreck-fest known as Twin Ring Motegi. Johnston had five top 5's with no wins. A lot of things are in the air with driver lineups and sponsorship. It's a start and we have to re-group to know where to go.

13. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 YA LIKE JAZZ?!

Jesse Dalton showing interest in running 2017 SRD IndyCar Series
    Jesse Dalton, full-time driver to SRD Trucks, SRD National, and SRD Cup (after Old Spice), has shown interest in running next season's SRD IndyCar campaign.