1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

SRD IndyCar Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'SRD IndyCar Offline League' started by nj9703, May 29, 2016.

1. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director

FPR is considering a livery adjustment to the 68 - more to follow soon.

2. nj9703

nj9703 "Sign my autograph" - KahneRacing945

Does anyone think they can help me finish out this season? If anyone can, I would appreciate it. It would give all of you guys a much better season, which you deserve. If not, probably every race except the championship race won't be broadcasted. Time is just not in my hands right now. I want to run these races and do the broadcasts, but I overestimated how much time I would have at this time.

3. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 Well-Known Member

I would be more than willing to help out.

nj9703 likes this.
  4. ahspencer01

As Noah has said, he is having issues keeping up with the schedule due to other things going on in his life. So, I will be doing the rest of the races for this season. I am slightly new to this style of broadcasting races, so be patient with me, I'm trying to learn as quick and as well as I can. I will try to do the Montreal race weekend this weekend, but as figures, I may be busy. Practice/Qualifying for sure Thursday, race will be either Friday evening, Saturday early afternoon, or Monday evening.

nj9703 likes this.
  5. ahspencer01

As the weekend approaches, it is looking like I may not be able to ever have enough time in a day to do the race this weekend. Biggest possibility right now is Practice/Quals on Monday and Race on either Tuesday or Wednesday. Sorry, but it's the best I can do right now.

6. ahspencer01

Reading through the threads since I will be taking over the IndyCar Series, I guess, just understanding everything a bit better, and I see this.

7. Chevellion

Aftershock Leaves the 68 After Disappointing Season

After a lackluster season that saw the 68 fail to contend for a single win, Aftershock Brewery has announced it will be parting ways with FPR, effective immediately. Aftershock will continue to sponsor Missimer's Cup program for the remainder of 2017, but is expected to leave that team at the end of the season. No information regarding a potential replacement was provided, though the team has begun talks with backpack maker Dakine.

8. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 I Am Indy

SMR Retains Witmer, Drops 4 Sponsors for 2017

Steven Merzlak Racing expects to keep Christopher Witmer despite his actions at Barber. California Pizza Kitchen, Fanatec, Westinghouse, and Realtree are not expected to return.

When asked about sponsorship woes, Merzlak replied, "We've got some deals coming up soon that should really give us some good funding. Stay tuned!"

9. nj9703

Joyce Announces Departure from CRI, Bid for Team Ownership
    Noah Joyce announced today that he will be departing from Craigo Racing, Inc. after a lackluster rookie campaign. Joyce said that he is entering a bid to bring his team, Joyce Racing, into the series should a spot become open. No other information was revealed.

10. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Craigo announces future plans for Indycar

It was a breakout year for Craigo Racing Inc. Despite a lack of wins during the season, the team was able to help Andrew Burr win ROTY honors. Jacob Craigo, the owner, has stated that the team will return for the next season. When asked about Noah Joyce's departure, CRI officials declined commenting.

Noah Joyce isn't the only departure. After several lackluster seasons, Craigo himself has called it quits for open wheel racing. This leaves at least 2 cars driverless next year, although that doesn't appear to phase the team.

11. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

Coleman Racing set to return in 2017; Michaels and Blanford expected to retain positions as drivers

Trey Coleman announced in a press conference today, that Coleman Racing will return in 2017. He said it was a fun season, but is considering giving up his spot on the team to another driver. "I feel the sport is getting safer each and every day, but after that concussion I suffered, I need to reconsider my options." He also stated that he assumes Joshua Michaels and Jason Blanford will return as drivers.

12. LarryFoyt50

LarryFoyt50 Stress Level: James Hylton being towed.

Towns not fully satisfied with first full season
    Jerry Towns said on his website that he was glad to be behind the wheel on a SRD vehicle and get a win at Bahrain. General improvements are excepted as James Genger grabbed the win at the wreck-fest known as Twin Ring Motegi. Johnston had five top 5's with no wins. A lot of things are in the air with driver lineups and sponsorship. It's a start and we have to re-group to know where to go.

13. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 Brad K. vs Kyle Busch Confirmed

Jesse Dalton showing interest in running 2017 SRD IndyCar Series
    Jesse Dalton, full-time driver to SRD Trucks, SRD National, and SRD Cup (after Old Spice), has shown interest in running next season's SRD IndyCar campaign.

14. Chevellion

missimer_68_dakine_render.jpg
    Ford Doubles Down on IndyCar Program - Dakine Joins FPR as Primary

After an uncharacteristically poor 2016 saw the flagship Ford outfit struggle mightily, the manufacturer's response has been strong and swift. FPR will see an increase in powerplant support for 2017, with Motorcraft becoming the official parts supplier of the team. Also new for 2017 will be Dakine, an outdoor apparel company specializing in backpacks. Sony Xperia was named as the team's new technology partner, with Mobil 1 taking over as the new team engine lubricant. Amazon Go, a new grocery shopping experience, will now be featured prominently on the sidepods of all team entries for the new season.

@nj9703 render

Dom and TColeman12 like this.
  15. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

Chowda Performance plans uncertain
    As the season came to a close last year, there wasn't a lot of certainty inside the Chowda Performance headquarters.

As it stands, no contracts with any drivers have reportedly been extended. CP picked up two wins in its inaugural season, however, with DeCosta and Matt O'Reilly driving to victory.

Negotiations are expected to start soon.

16. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Craigo Racing Inc. looking for drivers for 2017 Season.

Jacob Craigo has officially announced that he will bring back CRI for the 2017 season, and is currently looking for drivers to fill in at least 2 spots - voids left behind from Craigo's retirement from Indycar, and Noah Joyce's departure to pursue his own team. Although, this announcement was not without news for 2018.

"After 2017, Craigo Racing Inc. will be shutting down it's Indycar program. All employees who currently work for CRI under the Indycar banner will be transferred over to the facility that CRI uses for the other racing series. They're good people who've been with us since 2014. Hopefully we can bring good equipment for the table for whomever comes over to race for us this year."

17. nj9703

Joyce Announces Driver Lineup for Proposed Team
    Noah Joyce has applied for a charter into the 2017 SRD IndyCar Series season, and he's already signed on two hopeful drivers to fill out the team's roster. Noah Joyce hopes to run alongside Andrew Burr and Jesse Dalton this coming season. Burr was Joyce's teammate last season at Craigo Racing Inc. while Dalton is a rookie looking to enter this series after pulling his entry last season in order to develop further on the stock car side of things. Dalton has sponsorship lined up from Jiffy Lube, Mello Yello, and the United States Online Racing League. Sponsorship for Burr has yet to be announced.

18. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 I Am Indy

SMR Finalizing a Team Rebuild

After an extremely disappointing 2016 season which saw only one win from Connor Root at Phoenix, the SMR crew has completely restructured and looks to come back with a vengeance in 2017. Merzlak and Witmer will return to the team now powered by Honda, however Steven will drive the 7 with sponsorship from SiriusXM and Quiksilver, while Chris will drive the 25 sponsored by Stanley and Jones. No word on if Connor is returning this season or not.

UPDATE (06-08-2017) - Connor Root will return to SMR, retaining the number 64 and his sponsorship from Union Pacific, Degree and NESN.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  19. games123

games123 NXS & NCWTS Painter

Games123 Racing SOLD during off season

After winning the drivers championship, as an owner Ray Tustin has decided to sell off half of his IndyCar team. When reached for comment Ray said, "We would like to focus more on our National Series performance going forward. " Ray has said that he will be co-owner of the rebranding of the team taken over by Noah Joyce.

nj9703 likes this.
  20. nj9703

A New Vision: Joyce Tustin Honda Enterprises Set for 2017
    jthe_driverlineup.png
    Earlier today it broke that a majority stake of Games123 Racing had been sold to Noah Joyce. The newly rebranded JTHE, or Joyce Tustin Honda Enterprises, have released their completed drivers lineup, numbers, and team logo. Andrew Burr returns to the #44 this season, only for JTHE rather than CRI. Jesse Dalton enters the open wheel scene in the #45 Jiffy Lube Honda, as the car still owned and entered by Tustin. Noah Joyce assumes the role as the lead driver in the #52 Honda. In addition to Joyce comes Honda factory support to the team that holds last seasons Driver and Team Championships. JTHE sponsorship announcements have been slated for the coming week.

(SRDN) (6/9/2017)

games123 likes this.