SRD NASCAR "Pick'em" Series (Information, Rules, and History)

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by Mike24, Jan 23, 2008.

1. LarryFoyt50

LarryFoyt50 STUFFED FACEā„¢

I'm much more of a shock that Mike stepped down, but there could be things going. Thanks Matt for taking over. :)

-LF50

2. Alonso2005

Alonso2005 Daaaaaaaaaaaamn

I can join the championship at this point?

3. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

4. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

Of course, anyone's welcome to run at any time. We keep a running total of all entrants season long. You'll start from zero, but anyone's welcome.

Your very strong performance should be an encouragement to anyone else out there who wants to join in. You could be our next race winner and have your name in lights!

5. kcobb9

kcobb9 Well-Known Member

http://www.simracingdesign.com/nascar-discussion/3838-2012-srd-nascar-pick-em-series-

So will I run for rookie of the year this season because I only started 2 races or am I running for the overall championship.

6. MattSRD28

You can run for both. Defending series champion roostmotor87 won both ROTY and the series championship just last year.

7. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Speedweeks Can't Come Soon Enough!

I look forward to 2013, especially after how my 2012 turned out (with plenty of good finishes and decent picks for what was my rookie season). Looking back, I am still kicking myself for not doing the Texas I race (forgot to submit picks, had Biffle as the winner and could have had another good points day), but then again, I was nowhere near the internet for that weekend, so I can't really complain.

Ah....Daytona Speedweeks 2013 presented by Budweiser can't arrive soon enough (y)

8. MattSRD28

It comes slightly later than its traditional time, but here it is. :)

The 2013 SRD Pick'em Series is hereby officially announced!

SRD Pick'em returns for a 7th season (6th full), my first full season as Commish, and it will begin with Speedweeks at Daytona in February. Hopefully we see many Pick'em veterans coming back to pick again this season, as well as a strong rookie crop like we had last year. Rookies need not be shy, as 3 of our 6 champions were rookies when they won the championship including last year. Good luck to everyone in 2013!

Traditionally, this is when the rule book is open for suggestions. Any comments/suggestions/ideas are welcome, but the Commish has final say. ;)

All details regarding Series rules and information can be found on the first post of this thread, which has been updated to include the 2012 season.

SRD Pick'em Series is coming back for another year! GET EXCITED!!!

9. Alonso2005

Alonso2005 Daaaaaaaaaaaamn

I think I'll rookie again. Because I join in Charlotte.

10. MattSRD28

Just to clarify, we're keeping the pre-2011 ROTY eligibility rules where it was 7 or less races run maintains an entrant's eligibility for ROTY the next year.

So any rookie with 7 or less starts last year is free to run again this year for ROTY.

Also if anyone changed their username between the end of last year up through now, please let me know.

11. Johnnyk1990

Johnnyk1990 Well-Known Member

If I may ask,how do i get in on this because it seems right up my alley?

12. MattSRD28

First, read the first post of this thread for all the rules and information.

Then just watch for the Daytona 500 Pick'em thread that'll pop up sometime during the week before the Sprint Unlimited/Daytona 500 Pole Qualifying weekend. Submit your picks in that thread and you're in.

13. Johnnyk1990

Ok cool I was a step ahead since I already read the rules and info,thanks can't wait to start

14. MattSRD28

OP has been updated with results and review from the 2013 Pick'em season.

Stay tuned for updates when/if Nascar announces a change to the points system for 2014.

15. MattSRD28

By now most everyone should be aware that the Sprint Cup Series championship is going to be determined a little differently this year than in previous years.

Let it be known that the SRD Nascar "Pick'em" Series will similarly adjust to again parallel the revised format of the Chase, how to enter, etc. The exact where's and how's have not been determined yet, but they are forthcoming. Look for an announcement to be made before the start of Daytona 500 Pole Qualifying on 2/16.

1 person likes this.
  16. MattSRD28

The OP has been updated to reflect changes for the 2014 SRD Pick'em Series season. Feel free to review the OP in its entirety. What's new for 2014 is as follows:

10 people like this.
  17. MattSRD28

The 2014 SRD Pick'em Year in Review has been posted: 2014 SRD Pick'em Series in Review...

This of course means the 2015 SRD Pick'em Series is hereby announced!

The SRD Pick'em Series returns in 2015 for its 9th season and my third season as Commissioner. It will have a bit of a fresh look thanks to the new forum software, but it will remain the same solid format that it has proved itself to be. Hopefully we see most or all of the solid competition that we have had the privilege of playing against over the years. You grizzled Pick'em vets know who you are. We also hope to attract another strong rookie crop that's just as strong or stronger than we've seen in years past. Three of the eight SRD Pick'em champions were rookies when they won, most recently in 2012. You could be next!

This is the time of year when the rule book is open for suggestions. The Commish has the final say, obviously, but all comments and questions are highly encouraged!

If you're looking for general information about the SRD Pick'em Series, check out the first post of this thread where the original creator of the SRD Pick'em Series first drew up the rules for the game. Over the years rule changes have been enacted to parallel the Nascar Sprint Cup Series' points format, but it's still very much the same awesome game it has been for eight seasons now.

If you've never played before but are interested, we want to welcome you! Watch for the Speedweeks/Daytona 500 thread to open soon. When it does, watch the thread for when it is ok to make your picks. Looking forward to seeing newcomers and returning Pick'em vets back for more in 2015!

SRD Pick'em Series is returning for another year! GET EXCITED!!!

18. Johnnyk1990

Has there been any consideration of adjusting how to score the xfinity and truck picks?

19. MattSRD28

Is there an adjustment you would like to see?

20. Johnnyk1990

well me and my buddy who also participates in pick em thought they should mean more example: Top 10 is 1 point,top 5 is 2 points and winner gets 5 points. Just a thought