1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

SRD Offline League Silly Season Thread V2.0

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Chevellion, Jun 10, 2012.

1. zaw24fan

zaw24fan SRD National Series Director Paint Crew

WJG Racing Signs 2016 SRD National Series Champion

After being notified by now former driver and champion Mike Grube that he would be unavailable to return for the 2017 season, WJG Racing and 2016 SRD National Series Champion, Greg Woodard, have finally come to an agreement.

Woodard will be signed to a full-time ride in the #41.

gwoodard41 and TColeman12 like this.
  2. gwoodard41

gwoodard41 Well-Known Member

Greg Woodard releases official schemes after signing on with WJG Racing.

The sponsorship package for the 2017 are as follows.

Roehl Transport, based out of Marshfield Wisconsin, serves the lower 48 states and some parts of Canada. They primarily are a flatbed company but do specialize in other types of haulers, such ascurtain side, dry van, coil trailers and refrigerated units. Most races in the season, with the exception of the throwback and Superspeedway races, will have Roehl as the primary sponsor.

Safelite Autoglass, based out of Columbus Ohio, is a well known autoglass replacement and repair company. The sponsor will be the primary sponsor for the Superspeedway races.

The retro/throwback race, will have a scheme inspired by Morgan Shepherd's Busch Grand National scheme from the 90's... Sponsored by Cheerwine for that race.
    Nikon, QuikTrip, In-N-Out Burger, Irwin Tools, Freightliner and Castrol do serve as tertiary sponsors. As does Cheerwine, except for the throwback scheme race.

Of course, the throwback scheme has been modernized a bit, however, if series officials do not allow it due to the 2 primary sponsor rule, it will be stored away for another day.

Roehl Transport - All races except Superspeedways and Throwback Races
    SRD_Cup_Woodard_Final_1.jpg

Safelite Autoglass - All Superspeedway Races
    SRD_Cup_Woodard_Final_2.jpg

Cheerwine - Throwback Race
    SRD_Cup_Woodard_Retro.jpg

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Muddslide, ShadowKnight508 and nj9703 like this.
  3. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

K&A Excavating signs associate deal with B&T Motorsports

K&A Excavating, a well know Excavating Contractor company in New Jersey, has signed a multi year deal with B&T Motorsports as an associate on the 5, 15 & 18 cars starting in 2017.

4. Muddslide

Muddslide Just Some Guy Paint Crew

Flaitz Unveils 2017 Schemes:
    2017 #19 NIKE (SRD Cup).jpg 2017 #19 Oakley (SRD Cup).jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    Tetronix, frow78, SAL and 5 others like this.
  5. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

SKF, Alliance Truck Parts Join Joyce Racing
    Today in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Noah Joyce announced that SKF and Alliance Truck Parts have signed on as associate sponsors for Joyce Racing. SKF will serve as the primary sponsor for team owner Noah Joyce in two races, as he attempts to make the SRD Shootout and All-Star events. Joyce said in a press conference that he is working on a deal to have Alliance Truck Parts also serve as a primary sponsor for Scott Lounsberry in these two races. A picture of the scheme that Joyce will run, provided by Joyce Racing PR, can be seen below.
    skf_46_render.jpeg

(SRDN) (11/20/16)

6. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director

Missimer Motorsports Teases #DoubleAughtMike's All-Star Throwback

upload_2016-11-21_10-33-41.png

TColeman12, nj9703, Tetronix and 5 others like this.
  7. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 SRD Cup Series Driver - #81 Ford Fusion

Love that classic Valvoline scheme that Mark Martin ran back in the mid-1990's. Looking forward to seeing the whole scheme!

gwoodard41 likes this.
  8. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

Further Clues at an Alliance Truck Parts Sponsored #02
    Alliance Truck Parts has been rumored to be in talks to sponsor Scott Lounsberry in the past week, and today, support for those rumors appeared. This was an Alliance #02 hero card, that appeared on the Joyce Racing online store. Although quickly taken down, the readers have sent in screenshots taken, and an image saved of the hero card preview.

When we contacted Joyce Racing, they replied by saying, "It is marked as it is, promotional. It is meant to showcase our newly formed associate sponsorship from Alliance Truck Parts."

Alliance is one of many Daimler AG brands already signed on to sponsor team owner Noah Joyce in the SRD National Series.

store_alliance_hero_card.jpeg

alliance_hero_card.jpeg

(SRDN) (11/21/16)

frow78, Muddslide, gwoodard41 and 3 others like this.
  9. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director

Missimer Motorsports Rewinds to 1993 for All-Star Throwbacks

[​IMG]

The flagship Ford outfit released its first images of cars being fielded in this years' All-Star event. Each driver sports the look of an iconic Thunderbird ran during the 1993 season. Missimer will be wearing day-glo colors reminiscent of Bobby Hamliton's Country Time entry, Zumwalt has Tissot joining the team with a Wood Brothers livery, and Peters will be running the iconic red, white and blue colors Mark Martin took to victory five times that season.

DropBack, Zoom, db512 and 5 others like this.
  10. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

Joyce Throwback Scheme Revealed, Lounsberry Sponsorship Announced
    Joyce Racing PR released two anticipated items today, in a monthly update email sent to subscribers.

Although rumors and leaks al but confirmed this, Alliance Truck Parts will serve a secondary sponsorship role on the #02 of Scott Lounsberry this season. Although no set amount of races was announced, an image taken at the Joyce Racing shop was.
    Alliance02_render.jpeg

Also released was Noah Joyce's #46 Harris Teeter Toyota Camry, designed by Games123 Designs. The scheme is a throwback to the legendary John Andretti's 1993 #72 Harris Teeter Chevrolet Lumina. Joyce said that he was very excited about taking to the track with "an amazing scheme and sponsor". A rendering of the scheme can be seen below.
    NoahThbk_2_render.jpeg

(SRDN) (11/22/2016)

11. gwoodard41

I am removing QT and In-N-Out Burger as Tertiary sponsors. In-N-Out is a primary sponsor on another car and QT didn't fit in right. I've switched to Cook-Out as the Tertiary.

12. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

OPP, Inc. releases John Hooper, Sr.'s paint schemes for season 7.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Budweiser and Busch Light will be the primary schemes, while the Busch one will be used in the Shootout.

(Renders credit of Andy1 and crazyboy355)

(Sorry I was in the wrong thread, my bad.)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  13. ShadowKnight508

Sharp looking rides, @canadienhits.

canadienhits likes this.
  14. DropBack

DropBack Anytime...Anyplace!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody

TColeman12 likes this.
  15. gwoodard41

canadienhits likes this.
  16. ShadowKnight508

Rookie Will Anderson Signs With V2E Motorsports For 2017 Season, Work On Paint Schemes Commences (Credit to SimRacing Design Sports Network):
    With the number of available rides for the 2017 season quickly running out, there was some concerns in the Anderson camp that even with full sponsorship for the upcoming season, there wouldn't be any open spots left for the aspiring rookie driver to sign on with for 2017. After meeting with and discussing terms with both owners of V2E Motorsports twice last week with his agent, rookie driver Will Anderson has managed to secure the third and final seat on the three car team for next season. "It's a great relief, that's for sure" said Anderson, who met with several reporters following the announcement by his agent. "To be honest, I was starting to get worried as the weeks went by that nobody had signed us yet. Even with full sponsorship on-board for my rookie campaign, many of the available openings on teams were being filled with returning and fellow rookie drivers. Thankfully, my hard working agent managed to get in contact with Cole DesRosiers (@NascarXprt), part-owner of the V2E Motorsports team and we had some constructive discussions last week". Cracking a slight smile, Anderson handed out several promotional driver cards to the reporters, each one reflecting his signing with V2E Motorsports.

"After two meetings with both owners of V2E, we managed to come to terms with each other and they signed me up for next season. Both of my sponsors are very excited to be in the Cup Series for 2017, and they look forward to being on-track with the #81 Ford Fusion for V2E Motorsports. I can't wait to hit the track next season with V2E and my two new teammates Sean English (@Saan Anguish) and Cole DesRosiers for next season!"

Number Font Changing, Work On Both Paint Schemes Underway
    Now that Anderson has a ride for the 2017 season, attention now turns to the two new paint schemes that will be hitting the track for next season for each primary sponsor. When asked about his paint schemes that he would be using for next season, Anderson gently shook his head and shrugged. "As of now, that is currently being worked out between the representatives of Texaco, Inc, Once Upon A Time In 2Fort, my agent, and the designers at V2E Motorsports. Several ideas have been presented by both Texaco and Once Upon A Time In 2Fort so far, and it's up to the owners of V2E Motorsports what paint schemes will be approved for next season". Anderson mentioned that he would show the reporters teases for the paint scheme that featured both hood designs at the conclusion of the meeting.

One of the reporters for NBC Sports Network pointed out to Anderson during the short meeting with the media that his current number font (based on the 2004 Chance2 Motorsports number font last seen in the NASCAR Busch Series) was nearly identical to the number font that Opp, Inc driver John Hooper Sr. was using on his #11 Busch Beer/Budweiser Toyota Camry for the 2017 season. Nodding in agreement, Anderson reached over and grabbed a template that featured the current #81 that he had been planning on using for the upcoming season. "It's been pointed out to me by my agent already on several occasions" Anderson said, looking down at the mostly blank paint scheme template in his hands. "It was the number font that I wanted to used for the 2017 season, since I figured that nobody was using the old font from the long-defunct Chance2 Motorsports. I failed to realize that it was very close to the same font that the #11 team was using for next season, and my agent has been working with both owners of V2E Motorsports in the hopes of finding me a proper number font for my rookie season."

When asked what number font that both of his primary sponsors wanted on the car for next season, Anderson put the template back down on the table and picked up another piece of paper. "Texaco, Inc really wants to use the old Robert Yates Racing (RYR) number font for the 2017 season, but we are still seeking permission from Robert Yates about bringing back the number font that NASCAR driver Ricky Rudd used back in 2001. In regards to Once Upon A Time In 2Fort, Konstantine Rymaruk (creator of the animated franchise on Youtube) didn't have a font preference for the car and told my agent that he would be ok with whatever font we ended up going with, so long as we utilized the proper colors on the number. As we speak, my agent is currently on the phone with Robert Yates himself." Anderson turned around and pointed towards his agent, who was in the back corner of the shop talking on his cell phone out of earshot of the media.

As the meeting with the media wound down, Anderson walked over to his agent (who was still on the phone at this point) and was handed a folder. Once he had returned, Anderson opened the folder and showed off both hood designs to the media, allowing pictures to be taken. Mentioning that it was all that he and his agent was allowed to show for now, Anderson told the gathered reporters that both schemes were still works in progress, and that changes would likely be made between now and when the first practice session for the 2017 Daytona 500 in February started. "All I can say is that we will be having a paint scheme reveal party here at the V2E Motorsports shop next month, once both schemes get final approval from both owners. I look forward to seeing you there for the big reveal!" Anderson said, a slight smile on his face as he closed the folder and brought the meeting to an end.

Screen shot 2016-11-28 at 11.19.43 AM.png Screen shot 2016-11-28 at 11.22.00 AM.png

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Tetronix, DropBack and TColeman12 like this.
  17. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Zumwalt inks deal with Petronas, Tissot for 2017

Following the announcement of a one year deal at Missimer Motorsports, Zumwalt now releases information on the sponsors he will be bringing to the team for the 2017 season. Petronas, a previous sponsor of Zumwalt in the Indycar series has come over to the Cup Series to take up the primary role on the 21 car. Petronas will be on the car for 15 races after signing a 1 year deal. Tissot fills out the rest of the schedule picking up 6 races, including the All-Star Race and the throwback weekend at Darlington. The Swiss company also signed a 1 year deal with the team.

Chevellion likes this.
  18. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of the Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

Harris Unveils 2017 Cup Cars
    New York, NY - At the Harris Motorsports headquarters, hundreds of people from the media, along with head people from sponsors, spokespeople, and employees all stood in the gallery as the red curtain was slipped off the cars.

As everyone knew that Yamaha was sponsoring primarily, the second sponsor was never released until the unveiling. The secondary sponsor for 2017 - Fortune 500 Transportation company J.B. Hunt.

These were the official pictures released on a ceramic plaque-type stand that were in front of the cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (2016/11/29, SRDSN)

(credit to @TruckSeries for the renders)

19. gwoodard41

schemes look sweet!

Tetronix likes this.
  20. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of the Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

Thanks Greg! Yours are hot, too.

gwoodard41 likes this.