1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE

SRD Offline League Silly Season Thread V2.0

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Chevellion, Jun 10, 2012.

1. gwoodard41

gwoodard41 Well-Known Member

Woodard releases concept alternate scheme for one major sponsor.

Greg Woodard released a rendering of a concept alternate scheme for Roehl Inc. The primary major sponsor for this upcoming season, Woodard reasoned the alternate was created in mind of the silver trucks that run among the primarily red truck fleet. It is not known if Woodard intends to run this scheme at all but most likely won't, as he already has two primary scheme and a one-off scheme for the upcoming season. This scheme, or a variation of it, may come about if Woodard returns in the 2018 season.

[​IMG]

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  2. ShorTrakRacer

ShorTrakRacer Racecar Spelled Backward Is Racecar

Then I guess I would qualify since one of my primary sponsors is Sprite.

3. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

Yes, you would.

4. No1JGfan

No1JGfan Well-Known Member

Bleskachek Motorsports Officially Announces 2017 Bid For SRD Title

Earlier today newcomers Bleskachek Motorsports made it official as they've announced their plans to compete for the 2017 SRD championship. The 3 car team out of Charlotte, North Carolina consists of Tim Johnston who will drive the #58 Subway Chevy SS, David Calhoun #59 One Main Financial Chevy SS, and owner/driver Ryan Bleskachek in the #60 Samsung Chevy SS.

[​IMG]

Andy1 and guardracer19 like this.
  5. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

SRD All-Star Challenge venue announced, plus a reminder of the format

"After looking at all potential options for which venue the SRD All-Star Challenge will be held at, SRD Cup Officials have announced that Eldora Speedway will be the host of the 2nd running of the exhibition race.

-SRDSN, Jan 2017"

I looked at what we have on the table, and I've come to the conclusion that the ASC needed to be at a track that isn't already on the schedule, AND had to have different properties to similarly-sized tracks. Eldora fits the bill as it's not already an SRD Cup track and has a dirt surface rather than a paved one. And, seeing as how the ASC was going to have heat races anyways, it works :p

Please post flats that you'll be using for the race at Eldora in the BED Showdown/All-Star Flats thread, and if you're going to use a special flat for the All-Star Challenge, then please have it posted by FRIDAY, MARCH 24th, 2017!

As a reminder, here is the format that has been agreed upon:
    Drivers locked in prior to event:
    -Shootout Winner
    -2017 Race Winners
    -2016 Race Winners
    -Past ASC Winners
    -Past SRD Cup Champions

Everyone else is split into two heat races based on Owner's Points (odds/evens), starting grids based on random draw.
    -Both races are 30 laps
    -Top 2 from each transfer to main event
    -Everyone else transfers to Last Chance Qualifier

LCQ:
    -20 laps
    -LCQ Winner and Fan Vote Winner transfer to Main Event

Main Event:
    -70 laps
    -Starting Grid set based on standard qualifying procedures
    -May the best driver win.

ShadowKnight508 and games123 like this.
  6. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

@Chevellion, I probably missed this somewhere, but do you have a date for the first race of the season?

7. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director Moderator

Goal is to run the Shootout sometime during Super Bowl weekend, but that will depend on receiving all flats and what @TColeman12 's schedule looks like.

Regular season will kick off one week after, corresponding with the start of the 2017 NASCAR season.

nj9703 and TColeman12 like this.
  8. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

Fan vote for BED Showdown now open

Here is the the fan vote, 1 vote per member (open to any and all SRD Members). The 2 drivers with the most votes will make it into the event. A linkto results will be posted after the poll is closed.
    https://goo.gl/lahB0R

9. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

Excited to race at Eldora! Cup racing at a dirt track would be cool to see in real life. Doubt I'll see it.

10. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

My next question is will there be any off-weeks within the chunk of races before the ASC? I'm asking because my flat deadline for that is expectant of no off-weeks and the BED Showdown being run the weekend of the 3rd-5th of February....

11. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director Moderator

I do not anticipate off-weeks, though if the Indy Series is any indication they're certainly possible. I'll be doing my best to get a race done each week, even if some broadcast features have to be omitted.

Please continue all season-related discussion here: http://simracingdesign.com/threads/season-7-discussion-thread.60873/page-6

jacobc62 and TColeman12 like this.
  12. zaw24fan

zaw24fan SRD National Series Director Paint Crew

Webster, Fire Alarm Services release updated 2017 paint scheme.

After originally releasing paint schemes earlier in the offseason, Zack Webster and Fire Alarm Services decided to take a trip back to the paint booth one last time to update the two paint schemes that Webster will run with Fire Alarm Services. The only edit being the addition of the building design to the colored portion on the hood of the car.

Fire Alarm Services standard:
    95_fas_v2.png

Fire Alarm Services silver (SRD Shootout):
    95_fas_shoot_v2.png

13. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

Xtreme Motorsports Unveils Schemes for #9
    Xtreme Motorsports released the two primary schemes for team owner Dan Busch and the #9 team as well as the alternate scheme the team will run in the All-Star race.

Efjs0Rr.jpg 9_JEGS_SS_2017alt_Render 2x.jpg

14. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

BER Showdown Voting update

With 3 days left to vote for who you want in the BER Showdown. Currently Mike Peters leads with 7 votes, followed by a 3 way tie for second between Joshua Michaels, Sean English, and Noah Joyce. Then you have Bobby Farrell with 4, and Ray Tustin with 3. After that you have, Tim Johnston along with Austin Spencer and Connor Root with 2. Will Anderson is the last person, with 1 vote. Be sure to get your votes in, the poll closes at 8:00 PM on Sunday.

ShadowKnight508 and nj9703 like this.
  15. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain Moderator

Are we allowed to vote for ourselves? I'm not sure if it was mentioned or not.

16. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

B&T Unveils 2017 Schemes
    5_2017.jpg 15_2017.jpg 18_2017.jpg

17. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain Moderator

Allstar Teaser:
    upload_2017-1-29_19-19-22.png

#swatch

18. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

BER Showdown Fan Vote concludes

After the poll closed last night, SRD Officials announced that the results will be released to the public in the morning. Mike Peters and Bobby Farrell have clinched the final spots in the BER Showdown by winning the. Congrats to those two teams. See you all in Daytona! :)

19. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

@TColeman12 can we get a chart or anything to see how the final results turned out?

ShadowKnight508 and games123 like this.
  20. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

Here is the final results in percentages.

Note: The system detected and flagged duplicate votes coming for the same IP. Those duplicates were removed before determining the final results. Also, some votes were cast after the poll was closed, and were also removed before determining the final results. [​IMG]