1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

SRD Offline League Silly Season Thread V2.0

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Chevellion, Jun 10, 2012.

1. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

OPP releases statement on release of Hawkins:
    “Joshua is a great driver with a tremendous amount of talent. Last week he had informed us that he did not plan to return for the 2019 season, at that time we began looking at our options for 2019. When he decided to walk back his comments and return for 2019 we had already planned to move forward without him. We wish Joshua the best of luck in his future endeavors and we look forward to getting OPP back in victory lane.”

Tetronix likes this.
  2. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

Busch Unveils Darlington Throwback
    Dan Busch and Xtreme Motorsports will again pay tribute the JEGS' drag racing history running a throwback scheme from the late 90's and early 2000s.

CAd2-giUsAEkdIz.jpg 9.jpg

joeykraus19, Chowda17 and gwoodard41 like this.
  3. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Craigo's Throwback Unveiled

[​IMG]
    Today, it was revealed that another throwback would be run at Darlington assuming Zoom imports it before doing the screenshots as Jacob Craigo throws back to Ryan Newman's #12 Sony Dodge from the Nextel era of NASCAR.

4. gwoodard41

gwoodard41 Well-Known Member

Woodard to honor John Andretti in Throwback Scheme.
    Throwbackidea.gif LittleCaesarsThrowback.jpg

5. AntCurtain

AntCurtain Well-Known Member

Curtain's (Potential) Throwback Revealed, Honors Evernham Motorsports

[​IMG]

6. MWick4

OPP, Inc Searching For Two New Drivers For 2019:
    In the media center at Darlington on Friday, OPP, Inc owner Matt Wichelman announced that the team would be searching for two new drivers to replace the retiring John Hooper Sr. and Joshua Hawkins who the team would not be renewing for 2019
    “We’re looking for two new guys who to take the wheel of our new Ford Mustangs who will be active in the 2019 race threads. Rookie or Veteran shoot me a message if you’re interested!”

7. jacobc62

Craigo Racing Inc. schedules press conference for 2019 plans

Rumors have recently started to circulate after the announcement that CRI has announced a press conference ahead of Sunday's Southern 500. These rumors range from sponsorship deals to a potential expansion in the Cup Series.

8. jacobc62

Craigo Racing Inc. Expands in 2019 With 2nd Driver; Lands Lucrative Sponsorship Deals

This morning in Darlington, members of the press gathered at the speedway's media center for a conference hastily and quite frankly near out-of-the-blue. At 9:04 AM, owner/driver Jacob Craigo - fashionably late as always - sat himself down at the microphone and began the meeting.

"Today I would like to make a special announcement, one that I hoping to make before this season started, but didn't get to before Daytona. It is official for 2019 that Craigo Racing will expand to at least a two car team. Of course a racecar cannot be on track without a driver, so I had to go find one. I am pleased to announce that the driver of this second car will be Joshua Hawkins."

The announcement that Hawkins will race for Craigo Racing Inc. in 2019 comes just a few days following an announcement earlier this week that Joshua will not be returning to Opp Inc., a team formerly owned and operated by John Hooper Sr, who happens to race for Craigo in the National Series.

One thing that was brought up in the conference was that the costs of running even a single-car operation in the SRD Cup Series doesn't come cheap, let alone the costs of running 3 National Series teams and 2 Truck Series teams. So who will pay of the extra costs? Why, new sponsors of course!

First, there was Coca-Cola. They have seen quite the partnership with Craigo since long before he debuted in the SRD Indycar Series way back in 2014, and have somewhat become a team sponsor. Well, they are expanding their current deal with Craigo via the NOS Energy Drink brand, which happens to be a sponsor Hawkins already has and will bring over with him from Opp Inc. It is unknown if NOS will be a primary sponsor or merely an associate sponsor as Hawkins also brings a second sponsor over from his old team: Budweiser, which is the biggest part of the whole deal as the brewing company will be the primary sponsor for Joshua in Cup.

Speaking of beer, you know what goes great with beer? Pizza! Luckily, Craigo Racing Inc. agrees as Domino's Pizza has also been announced as part of the sponsorship deal with Hawkins.

While a car number hasn't been announced some rumors are going around that Hawkins will be bringing his #43 with him. Other rumors suggest that he will be in the #11 next year instead.

9. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

KM Racing Ceasing Series Operations at End of Season

KM Racing (previously competing as Missimer Motorsports) announced today that both its Cup and National operations will be terminated at the end of their current seasons. Team owner Kyle currently sits 5th in points with a win at Watkins Glen. When reached for comment, a KM rep stated the team is transitioning to sports car racing, as it more closely aligns with Missimer's automotive strengths. All existing crew members will be offered roles in the restructuring, though drivers Mike Peters and Sean English will be free to pursue other Oval options. 2019 will also see The Mizz in a non-Ford powered car for the first time since 2000, with discussions ongoing between him, Subaru, and Honda. Ford will also provide a KM-fielded Mustang in select 2019 GP3 events.

KM Racing/Missimer Motorsports has been a staple of the SRD Series since its inception. The team amassed twelve victories and one championship in that time, with three wins coming this season (#07 Peterson - Daytona, #00 Peters - Sonoma, #68 Missimer - The Glen). Cup veterans Aaron Walz (one win - 2014), Jeremy Zumwalt, and Darren Ingram are among those who have driven for the team at some point in its storied history.

"We remain committed to ending these seasons strong," Missimer announced in a statement. "We've got myself and Zoom still in the hunt for titles, and want to ensure both of us get the best shot possible to achieve these goals."

10. JBlanford74

JBlanford74 FFGFYG

Jason Blanford will not return to the 22 of Coleman Racing. I would like to thank Trey for having me onboard for the last couple of seasons. The demands of the schedule are starting to show in our performance. We need to get our brand back up and running competitively.

11. gwoodard41

gwoodard41 Well-Known Member

Woodard to stay with WJW Racing after playoff run.

Greg Woodard announced shortly after the season ending race that he planned to remain with WJW Racing into 2019. While he does plan to retain his current number of 41, it seems that he may be switching sponsors. Little Caesar's Pizza would be leaving and Woodard was in talks with several other potential sponsors to fill the void. Woodard was in talks with OPP just in case WJW Racing closed its doors or had decided to let Woodard go after he failed to remain in the title hunt after Darlington.

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  12. MWick4

Wichelman Responds to News of Woodard's Resigning:
    "Well that's a damn shame," Wichelman said with a chuckle. "We were really hoping to land Greg, he had a really nice playoff run this year. Hopefully they're paying him what he deserves. We're still looking for a couple new guys with John retiring and Joshua moving on, but I think we have some time before the 2019 season kicks off so we'll be alright."

If you have any interest in either of the OPP, Inc. vacancies contact owner Matt Wichelman via PM.

Reza Maulana and ShadowKnight508 like this.
  13. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

HOOPER'S COMMENTS ON THE OPP, INC./FORD MOVE
    While we were successful with Toyota, I respect Matt's decision to go to Ford. Frankly, we needed the change. I see great things happening with OPP, Inc. with Matt at the helm. I think switching to Ford across all the series (Cup, National, Trucks, and IndyCar) will make us more competitive. I like the decisions Matt has made, and I think I made a great choice to take over OPP, Inc.

Tetronix, MWick4, BrendonH12 and 2 others like this.
  14. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Lawn Duty, Judge Judy

SMR Restructuring for 2019

After a surprising yet heartbreaking 2018 which saw SMR enter two cars in the Final Five, yet still not win, team owner Steven Merzlak is looking at restructuring the team for 2019. "It's amazing how far we've come as a team in its first season," Merzlak said in a press conference Wednesday morning. "It's just a matter of closing out races instead of finishing 4th every week." The team will remain Toyotas and Steven will continue to drive for himself, with a number and sponsor TBA. Drivers Tyler Mallon, J.J. Dalton, and Noah Joyce are not set to return as of now.

Two slots are open for potential free agents for 2019, unless @NascarMan32, @KahneRacing945, or @nj9703 states otherwise.

15. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

DJ Harris, Harris Motorsports To Return for 2019:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New York, NY - After being in the championship 5 for the last 2 consecutive years, and suffering less-than-ideal championship races, DJ Harris has announced that his team, Harris Motorsports will be returning to the SRD Cup Series for the 2019 season. Harris, who has run the #42 since it's inception back in 2016, had Konica Minolta, iRacing and Pepsi as the primary sponsors back in 2018. Konica Minolta is rumored to be staying with the team for 2019, and Pepsi is also presumed to be staying but nothing has been confirmed yet.

Harris didn't announce either if Brendon Hancock will be returning to the team. The driver of the #45 car backed by Coca-Cola, Reese's and Verizon finished 13th in the points standings in his rookie year, racking up 1 win, 2 top 5's and 6 top 10 finishes. It's presumed that he will be returning to the team, but everything has been hush-hush around the team headquarters. Expect some more news in the upcoming weeks.

(SRDN) (2/27/2019)

16. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

Xtreme Brings Back Champ Ingram

Xtreme Motorsports will continue to wield a strong driver lineup in 2019 with owner and 2011 Champ Dan Busch continuing to race and newly minted 2018 Champ Darren Ingram returning as well. Sponsorship for Busch will remain unchanged as long time partners JEGS Performance Parts and Bass Pro Shops will continue their support but it does seem as though there may be some changes on the #2. Nothing has been confirmed for the #2 car but sources say there will be a new look to the car in 2019. Also, no news was given for the teams third driver Dakota Caudill.

Darren Ingram and Reza Maulana like this.
  17. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

Hancock to Return to HMS for 2019 Season
    --- (New York, NY) ---
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Harris Motorsports announced today that Brendon Hancock will be returning to the team in 2019. It was also announced that long-time backers, Reese's, Coca-Cola, and Verizon, will be returning as primary sponsors, as well as SBN is an associate role. "I'm excited to get to work for the 2019 season," Hancock said. "To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised by the success that we garnered last season - both with myself and this brand new #45 team, and DJ (Harris) racing for the Championship at Homestead." Hancock, who got his first career win at Talladega last year in his rookie season, will be looking to build off a stellar start to his SRD Cup Series career. "I love racing for this guy over here," Hancock said of owner, DJ Harris. "He's a great owner, driver, and most of all, a great friend, and I'm so glad that he and Chevrolet had enough faith in me to put me in one of these Cup cars. Also gotta thank my great partners - Reese's, Coca-Cola, and Verizon - for letting me do this thing I love so much. Can't wait to get down to Daytona and get HMS a 1-2 finish! LET's GO!!!" Schemes and any other related news will be announced at a later date.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    (SRDNews / 3/8/2019)

Tetronix and Reza Maulana like this.
  18. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

Discount Tire & Cock'n Bull Premium Soda Break Ties With Will Anderson (Credit to SimRacing Design Sports Network):
    After just one season sponsoring the #81 team at V2E Motorsports, Discount Tire has announced that they are pulling their primary sponsorship and will be moving on to another team for the 2019 season. No reason was given for the departure, but they did wish Anderson and the rest of the organization the best. The team they are going to has not been announced yet, but it could be any of the other teams in the SimRacing Design Cup Series.

In addition to Discount Tire leaving, Anderson confirmed to our reporter that the second primary sponsor from the 2018 season has also pulled their sponsorship for the upcoming season. Cock'n Bull Premium Soda never actually ran as a primary sponsor in 2018 (no paint scheme design was ever agreed upon by both the team and the sponsor), but they did run the full season as an associate sponsor on the other two paint schemes. However, after the season ending race at Homestead-Miami several months ago, talks between the sponsor and race team got heated after financial records indicated that Cock'n Bull had failed to pay roughly half of their $3,400,000 sponsorship fees. They were given the opportunity to pay the remaining $1.7 million they owed, but the sponsor decided to pull out instead. Legal action is being planned at the moment to recover the $1.7 million in owed sponsorship fees.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Reza Maulana likes this.
  19. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Gee, does my retirement mean I'm eligible for the HoF in 5 years? lol

20. MWick4

OPP, Inc. Hints at Driver Announcement, Still Looking for More:
    With the retirement of SRD Cup Series champion and OPP, Inc. founder John Hooper Sr, as well as the release of driver Joshua Hawkins, OPP, Inc. is going through what new team owner Matt Wichelman refers to as “restructuring.” The first piece may be falling into line for one of SRD’s longest tenured teams as Wichelman today hinted at the possibility of a driver announcement happening as early as later this week.

“I’m not going to say anything official just yet but we’ve got the ball rolling and you should see this team in the news cycle quite a bit in the coming weeks.”

OPP is still looking for at least one more driver that we know of but they haven’t denied the possibility of moving to a four-car program next season. Any interested parties are encouraged to reach out to @MWick4.