Updated

SRD Pick'em 2012 - AdvoCare 500 at Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHB

SRD Member
Reaction score
NOTE: Below are the picks for Mike24.

The Commish is relocating this weekend and is lacking the life sustaining staples of Internet and Cable. He will be back online in a couple days.

Mike24 Picks:

1. Biffle
2. Stewart
3. Gordon
4. Johnson
5. Kyle

GDP Racing

Driver of the #51 Electronic Arts Dodge Charger
SRD Member
Reaction score
Cup Top 5:
1. Jeff Gordon
2. Kyle Busch
3. Greg Biffle
4. Matt Kenseth
5. Kasey Kahne

Corder91

SRD Member
Reaction score
Cup Race;

1) Tony Stewart
2) Jimmie Johnson
3) Matt Kenseth
4) Kasey Kahne
5) Jeff Gordon

4WideRacing

Forum Guru
SRD Member
Reaction score
2nd
15th
22nd
9th
6th

Not the best but I will beat my low score by a little!

Shadow

SRD Member
Reaction score
Cup Pole: Kasey Kahne

Truck Winner: Ty Dillon

Nationwide Winner: Elliot Sadler

Cup Top 5:
1. Jimmie Johnson
2. Carl Edwards
3. Kasey Kahne
4. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
5. Martin Truex Jr.
1. Jimmie Johnson - 34th (n)
2. Carl Edwards - 36th (n)
3. Kasey Kahne (n) - 23rd :-/
4. Dale Earnhardt Jr. - 7th (y)
5. Martin Truex Jr. - 4th (y)

117 points not including bonuses. Bad luck for me...

Jeeble

Achieving Sweetness since 1984
SRD Member
Reaction score
Story of my year...just can't put it all together in a single week...always end up with a dud or two.

Picked 1st, 2nd, and 3rd this week...but also 34th and 36th. 156 total. There goes my Chase.

FloridaFan88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
165. Johnson's error cost me another good finish. Hopefully my place in the Chase is safe.

ShadowKnight508

Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series
Staff member
SRD Member
Reaction score
2012 AdvoCare 500 Pole: Martin Truex Jr. (#56 NAPA Auto Parts Camry)

Truck Winner: Timmothy Peters

Nationwide Winner: Elliot Sadler

2012 AdvoCare 500 Winner: Denny Hamlin (#11 Great Clips/FedEx Camry)
2. Matt Kenseth
3. Jimmie Johnson
4. Jeff Gordon
5. Tony Stewart
Hmm...

Hamlin: Winner (48 Points) (y)
Kenseth: 9th (35 Points) :)
Johnson: 34th (10 Points) :-/
Gordon: 2nd (43 Points) (y)
Stewart: 22nd (23 Points) :-/

Rough total: 159 or so points (excluding bonus points) :-/

Sgt Slaughter

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Cup Top 5:
1. Mark Martin
2. Carl Edwards
3. Jimmie Johnson
4. Jeff Gordon
5. Kyle Busch
1. 10th
2. 36th
3. 34th
4. 2nd
5. 6th

34+8+10+44+40

Any chance that I had to make the Chase just flew out the :cursing: :censored: window...

ryan78

SRD Member
Reaction score
169, WTF was with Khane going 4 laps down!! i knew i should have thrown Truex in there instead!

Henderson

Graphic Designer
SRD Member
Reaction score
I would have had a great night, had Denny finished third, and Jimmie not wrecked out. If Denny got third, which is the way it should have been, I would have gotten bonus points for picking 1st and 2nd correctly... FML.

Henderson

Graphic Designer
SRD Member
Reaction score
Cup Pole: Johnson (0)

Truck Winner: Dillon (3)

Nationwide Winner: Sadler (0)

Cup Top 5:
1. Gordon (42)
2. Keselowski (41)
3. Harvick (39)
4. Johnson (10)
5. Truex (40)

4/5 in the top five, and Johnson probably would have been right in the top ten. Could have easily been a 200 point night... I will take my 175 points and go with it... Damn you Hamlin and Johnson.

Gwen Cole

93 Wins
SRD Member
Reaction score
Cup Pole: Jeff Gordon

Truck Winner: Parker Kligerman

Nationwide Winner: Denny Hamlin

Cup Top 5:
1. Denny Hamlin - 1st - 48 + 7 = 55 (n)(y)(n)
2. Matt Kenseth - 9th - 35 :)
3. Kasey Kahne - 22nd - 23 :(
4. Tony Stewart - 23rd - 21 :(
5. Jeff Gordon - 2nd - 43 + 1 = 44 (y)(n)(y)

About 178. I think this may be my most number of points ever!

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Cup Pole: Carl Edwards

Truck Winner: Kyle Busch

Nationwide Winner: Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.

Cup Top 5:
1. Jimmie Johnson
2. Greg Biffle
3. Kasey Kahne
4. Brad Keselowski
5. Matt Kenseth
Holy crap, why did I pick these people!? (n)

denyerfan

SRD Member
Reaction score
Think I beat my low total by a singular point - should keep me alive in the top 5 I hope!

2448fan4life

Fan of Hendrick Motorsports
SRD Member
Reaction score
Cup pole: Greg Biffle

Truck winner: Kyle Busch

Nationwide winner: Kasey Kahne

Cup Top 5:
1. Jeff Gordon
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Tony Stewart
4. Kyle Busch
5. Carl Edwards
1. 2nd
2. 34th
3. 22nd
4. 6th
5. 36th

Not so good for me.

Mike24

Retired
SRD Member
Reaction score
It was a week of mixed results for SRD Pick'em. Some entrants had really solid weeks while others scraped the bottom of the barrel.

Of the 58 entrants, 33 cleared the 150 point mark, 9 scored over 175 points, and just 1 topped 200 points.

Winning this week, taking his first victory of 2012 and the second of his career, is Fishtail. After a very strong 2011 season, Fishtail has been nearly invisible all year, but scores a solid win which gives some life to his fleeting Chase hopes. His 201 point total was 11 points better than 2nd place, which was a tie between LarryFoyt50 and DannyM. DannyM has been very strong of late, but is still searching for victory lane. He has 7 career wins, but has not won since Homestead of 2009, 97 races ago. rockmoon26 and Jagnole3 rounded out the top 5, in a tie for fourth.

Congratulations to Fishtail on his win!

With another poor week across the board for Pick'em, the standings remained rather static, with not many low totals being replaced.

With that said, db512 remains the points leader, 39 markers ahead of degatime88. db512 and degatime88 have also officially, mathematically, clinched their places in the Chase. Now the battle between them will be for first place exiting next week at Richmond. Whoever leads the standings prior to the Chase points reset, will get 30 points towards the Chase. Second will get 25. Third recieves 20, 4th is 17, 5th gets 15, 6th 14...down by increments of 1, to 10 points for 10th).

db512 currently looks like the sure bet to exit Richmond with the top spot, with a 39 points lead, but it is not mathematically safe from degatime88.

denyerfan moves to 3rd in points this week, 58 behind the leaders. He, also, could conceiveably move to the points lead, but it is a long shot. denyerfan has not officially clinched his spot in the Chase, but he is very, very safe, and is essentially in, 49 points ahead of 11th, and with 7 entrants between he an 11th. Also looking very safe to get into the Chase at this point are 4th-7th. FloridaFan88 is in 4th, 45 ahead of 11th, and looks very safe in making his third consecutive Chase. antknee10, in 5th, can breath a sigh of relief as well, 38 points ahead of 11th, and with a good enough bonus points total to get him into the wildcard picture should he somehow fall out of the top 10. After two trying season in 2010 and 2011, antknee10 looks like he will make the Chase for the first time since 2009.

roostmotor87 has used consistency to get into a safe position to make the Chase. He is 6th in points, 37 ahead of 11th. That is a solid margin to have, with one race to go, and four entrants behind him in points to serve as a buffer. DannyM's spot in the Chase was questionable last week, but after a strong 2nd place finish, giving him 9 more bonus points this week, and a solid net gain over his low total, DannyM has moved to 7th in points. He is 31 markers ahead of 11th, and the 2009 Champion looks like a sure bet to be in the Chase.

The picture gets cloudier from 8th on back. dspence14 is in an intersesting position. At only 17 points ahead of 11th, he is by no means safe. His 14 bonus points are also the weakest in the current top 10, which means he in no way can fall back onto a wildcard spot should he fall out of the top 10. With the largest low total (176), dspence14 may be in trouble is Richmond is a week where a lot of entrants displace their low totals. His main hope? Finish solidly in the top 10 next week, or hope that Richmond is another week where the points remain static.

MillsLayne is in a tied with dspence14 for 8th, 17 points ahead of 11th. His bonus points total won't get him into the wildcard discussion, but he looks to be relatively safer than dspence14, with a smaller low total. If momentum is worth anything, MillsLayne also has that on his side, but he is no way safely in the Chase.

4WideRacing is 10th in points, but is actually safer than you may think. While he is only 13 points ahead of 11th, his 166 point weekly average is the lowest in the Chase, which sets the wildcard eligibility average at 161 points. Now, if 4WideRacing falls out of the top 10, that would, at this moment, make the eligibility 164, which would make taz1458 ineligible to qualify for a wildcard position. If 4WideRacing were to fall out, he would then have the second highest bonus points total behind Wesley Slates, and fall into the second wildcard position. Now, if taz1458 increases his average to become eligible, if that were to happen, or someone like JeffJordan, moppenheimer, or DE3 surpasses 4WideRacing's 37 bonus points, 4WideRacing would not be in the Chase, but, overall, 4WideRacing looks like a safer bet to make the Chase than either dspence14 or MillsLayne.

XxTeam48LowesXx is 11th in points, 13 out of the Chase. His 165 point low total gives him a slight advantage over 4WideRacing, but he will need to out point him by over 13, in general, to make the Chase. AfterForever00, who spent a lot of the summer safely inside the top 10 in points, has faded to 12th. He is 18 points behind 10th, but that margin can easily be erased.

bhintze also spent a good part of the season in the top 10, but now, with one race before the Chase, finds himself 13th in points, 23 points back. johnp is 14th, 27 back. Even if he does not make the Chase, johnp has a lot to be proud of. He has made quite the run over the past 10 weeks to surge from the 40s in the standings to a position to make the Chase. If he doesn't get in, he will definitely be one of the top contenders to grab the 'best of the rest' title, for 13th.

DE3 is 15th in the standings, and in danger of seeing his run of being the only entrant to qualify for every single Chase ('08-'11), come to an end. DE3 was as high as the top 5 in points earlier this season, but a slump towards the end of the summer saw him fade. Now, 29 points out of 10th, DE3 will need some help. Simply, he needs Richmond to be a very, very good week for him. A win would catapult him into the running for the 2nd wildcard spot, should taz1458 become ineligible. DE3 can still make the top 10, as 29 points is managable. The problem is that he will have to leapfrog over four other entrants to make that a reality.

Wesley Slates is 16th in points, and has essentially clinched his place in the Chase, with at least a wildcard. His 51 bonus points leads the series, and no one will be able to displace him as at least the 2nd wildcard at this point. However, his spot in the Chase is dependent on him remaining eligible. His 165 point weekly average may be a problem, should 4WideRacing fall from the top 10, and the low average in the top 10 increase to 171 next week. Those are a lot of factors, but, it would be very unlikely for all of that to happen. Put simply, though, Wesley Slates has clinched a wildcard spot in the Chase (given his weekly average continues to qualify him for a wildcard after Richmond). However, if Wesley Slates were to get into the top 10 in points, that would open up the wildcard picture, but at 33 points back, it may be unlikely.

JeffJordan is 17th in points, and is in a similar predicament to DE3. JeffJordan has made the Chase every season that he has participated ('09-'11), and is in danger of seeing that come to an end this year. He is 37 points behind 10th place, with 32 bonus points. Making the Chase, via the top 10, seems like a longshot for JeffJordan, but there is hope in the wildcard picture. He is currently fourth in the wildcard standings, but if he were to pass moppenheimer next week, and taz1458 were to fall out of the picture, with an average that makes him ineligible to qualify for a wildcard positon, JeffJordan would become the second wildcard.

Overall, only the top 28 in points have a mathematical hope of getting into the Chase, but only the top 20, and really maybe only the top 15, have any real hope of getting into the top 10 after Richmond.

The exception to the top 28 in points is moppenheimer, who is currently 47th, but holds onto the third position in the wildcard standings. His 34 bonus points, even with a win to get to 44, would not be able to pass taz1458 to get the second wildcard position, but it is possible that moppenheimer could increase his weekly average to remain able to qualify for a wildcard positon, while taz1458 could become ineligible to qualify for a wildcard position next week.

Additionally, while it is not reflected in the standings, I just realized that Dodgeman4345 and LarryFoyt50 could both still, mathematically get the second wildcard postion by winning next week, which would surpass or equal moppenheimer's bonus points total, if taz1458 were to not be able to qualify for the second wildcard.

In the rookie of the year battle, degatime88's lead over roostmotor87 remains at 20 points. The margin back to 3rd and 4th, however, contines to shrink. Wesley Slates is 50 points behind in 3rd, while hijinxtattoo is 56 points back in 4th. Corder91 rounds out the top 5, 68 points behind the lead.

The Richmond thread will be up later today.

Here are the results:

Here are the low totals:

Here are the standings:

Here is the race to the Chase:

Here are the rookie points:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.