SRD Pick'em 2016: Ford EcoBoost 400 at Homestead-Miami ***Championship Results Posted***

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by MattSRD28, Nov 16, 2016.

1. The_Dolfan

The_Dolfan #Chasing8

XFINITY Winner: Erik Jones

Cup Results
    1) Kyle Busch
    2) Carl Edwards
    3) Joey Logano
    4) Kevin Harvick
    5) Denny Hamlin

2. Ajwehr

Ajwehr Well-Known Member

Xfinity Winner: Elliott Sadler

Cup Results
    1) Matt Kenseth
    2) Martin Truex Jr
    3) Joey Logano
    4) Kyle Busch
    5) Kevin Harvick

3. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 SRD Cup Series Driver - #81 Ford Fusion

(NXS) 2016 Ford EcoBoost 300 at Homestead-Miami Winner: Erik Jones

2016 Ford EcoBoost 400 at Homestead-Miami Winner: Kevin Harvick
    2. Joey Logano
    3. Jimmie Johnson
    4. Carl Edwards
    5. Martin Truex Jr.

4. wslates

wslates 93

Xfinity Winner: Elliott Sadler

Cup Results:
    1. Carl Edwards
    2. Kevin Harvick
    3. Jimmie Johnson
    4. Chase Elliott
    5. Ryan Newman

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  5. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Cruising at Warp 9

Cup Results
    1) Carl Edwards
    2) Kyle Busch
    3) Chase Elliott
    4) Kyle Larson
    5) Joey Logano

6. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

1) Carl Edwards
    2) Jimmie Johnson
    3) Chase Elliott
    4) Joey Logano
    5) Kevin Harvick

7. Oceanic

Oceanic Garden of Light

Cup Pole: Missed

Truck Winner: Missed

Xfinity Winner: Missed

Cup Results
    1. Matt Kenseth
    2. Jimmie Johnson
    3. Kyle Busch
    4. Kevin Harvick
    5. Brad Keselowski

8. CpPolar268

CpPolar268 Well-Known Member

Cup Results
    1) Carl Edwards
    2) Jimmie Johnson
    3) Kyle Busch
    4) Joey Logano
    5) Kevin Harvick

9. the Ghost888

the Ghost888 Well-Known Member

Cup Results
    1) Kevin Harvick
    2) Jimmie Johnson
    3) Chase Elliott
    4) Joey Logano
    5) Martin Truex Jr

10. NascarMan32

NascarMan32 Well-Known Member

Cup Results
    1) Carl Edwards
    2) Jimmie Johnson
    3) Kevin Harvick
    4) Martin Truex Jr.
    5) Kyle Busch

11. 4x4yoda

4x4yoda Well-Known Member

Cup Pole: Kyle Busch. Nope

Truck Winner: William Byron. Hell yeah!

Xfinity Winner: Kyle Larson Nope

Cup Results
    1) Kyle Busch. Finished 6th
    2) Kevin Harvick. Finished 3rd
    3) Matt Kenseth. Finished 7th
    4) Joey Logano. Finished 4th
    5) Jimmie Johnson. Finished 1st.

That should be 195.

Skimming through alot of people picked Truex and Edwards. I think I've got this one.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  12. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 SRD Cup Series Driver - #81 Ford Fusion

Sigh...

Pole: Nope

CTWS: Yep (William Byron wins, and congrats to Johnny Sauter on the title, even though I don't really care for him that much)

NXS: Nope (thanks, Cole Whitt. Anyway, congrats to Daniel Suarez on making some big history as the first Latino NASCAR champion in any of the Top-3 series)

2016 Ford EcoBoost 400 at Homestead-Miami Winner: Kevin Harvick (Jimmie Johnson wins, finished 3rd)
    2. Joey Logano (finished 4th)
    3. Jimmie Johnson (he won!)
    4. Carl Edwards (finished 34th)
    5. Martin Truex Jr. (finished 36th)

Well, it was looking pretty good for my Pick-Em at one point of the race (all five picks in the Top-8), but that all went down the drain when Logano decided to go low on Edwards on the restart and ended up turning the #19 as Edwards drove him down the track to block him. Not only did that mess take out Edwards, it also took out Truex Jr. (who went out in a spectacular blaze after making hard contact with Keselowski as the wreck was happening) as well, thus ensuring my terrible final score for 2016.

Anyway, congrats to whoever wins this round and whoever ends up winning the 2016 SRD Pick-Em Series Championship. It was an honor to make the Chase along with picking up my first-ever win (Kentucky - 2016 Quaker State 400) in the series. Looking forward to 2017 with the opening round of the 2017 SRD Pick-Em Series when the season starts back up for the 2017 Daytona 500.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  13. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #BatonRougeStrong

Cup Pole: Denny Hamlin (Nope)

Truck Winner: Kyle Larson (4th)

Xfinity Winner: Kyle Larson (7th)

Cup Results
    1) Joey Logano (4th)
    2) Carl Edwards (34th)
    3) Kevin Harvick (3rd
    4) Matt Kenseth (7th)
    5) Kyle Busch (6th)

14. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 Founder of USORL ARCA Online League

Pole: Nope
    Trucks: Nope (congrats Byron and Sauter)
    Xfinity: Nope (congrats Suarez)

Cup:
    1) Larson; 2nd
    2) Edwards; 34th
    3) Johnson; 1st
    4) Harvick; 3rd
    5) KyBu; 6th

So close to a great week. Edwards' crash ruined it.

15. 2448fan4life

2448fan4life #1 Hendrick Motorsports Fan

1. 1st
    2. 3rd
    3. 6th
    4. 11th
    5. 4th

I think I have a pretty good shot at winning this.

16. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

36 races. 9 months. 180 total picks for those who entered all 36 events. For many, it was simply the conclusion of a long journey with an eye on the next year and a fresh start. For four intrepid individuals, this was their shot to make their mark as Champion either for the first time or to be the first to become Champion again. For the SRD Pick'em Series itself, this was the completion of Season 10, marking a full decade of victory, defeat, competition, and fun riding the ups and downs of the sport of Nascar racing. As we've now fully gone from green to checkered, it's time to put a ribbon on the season and crown this year's SRD Pick'em Champion.

After all the struggles and battles that made up the 2016 Pick'em season, four competitors - roostmotor87, XxTeam48Lowes, 4WideRacing and DannyM - had earned the right to contend for the big prize. Since roostmotor87 and DannyM were both former champs, there was a 50/50 chance that one of them would become the first repeat champion in SRD Pick'em Series history. All either one had to do was outscore the other 3 in the final race of the season. The Championship 4 were joined by 41 other competitors. combining for an overall field of 45 for the Homestead season finale. 2016 held true to its form with some favorites having troubles, thereby dragging the average down. This time the field of 45 combined for an average of just 149.91 points. Only 24/45 scored above 150. A score higher than 170 was good enough to crack the top 4. Nobody broke the 200 point barrier this week, though the winner came close.

This is usually where I say something about not being able to share the race winner because the race winner is also the championship winner. This has been the case for the last 2 years, including last year's epic tie for the win and championship, and was again the case in the Nascar Sprint Cup Series with Jimmie Johnson. However, it was not the case for Pick'em this year. All 4 championship contenders included drivers who suffered mishaps in their picks, leaving that battle to become a war of attrition. Taking the Homestead checkered flag, presumably to put alongside his 2016 Rookie of the Year award cliched last week in Phoenix, was 4x4yoda who claims his 3rd win of the season, and with ROTY award also in hand, sends a clear message to the rest of the field about who to watch out for in 2017. The margin of victory was 4 points over runner up and 2016 Chaser 2448fan4life. Joining them on the podium was CarlEdwardsRulz followed by Ryan81398 who finished 4th. Rounding out the top 5 was much of the rest of the top 10 in a 5-way tie between rookie ahspencer01, canadienhits, Chandler Tyson, CpPolar268, and KahneRacing945.

Congrats to @4x4yoda on the win! :)

With this week's battle won, it's time to focus on the war. 2016 certainly was a war with constant struggles week after week scratching and clawing for every point possible and no points coming easy. Seemed like every week was a minefield with at least one bad step taken while trying to cross it. For our 2016 Champion, it was all that plus the burden of falling one race behind after skipping the Bristol spring race. After that, it didn't matter how consistent the finishers were because there'd always be that deficit. Even a win at Kansas wasn't enough to shore up the loss. It took until a score could be dropped for the eventual champ to take his rightful place among the standings' leaders. After that, he never looked back. The Kansas win plus consistent finishes through the season got him into the Chase. Then the win at Phoenix secured a spot in the Championship 4. At Homestead, he managed to reach just a little bit higher than his competition with a 19th place finish. Probably the best anyone's felt about finishing 19th. As SRD Pick'em Commissioner, I am proud to present @4WideRacing as the SRD Pick'em Series Champion for 2016. The honor is well-earned and well-deserved.

Let's all give a HUGE congrats to the 2016 SRD Pick'em Series Champion 4WideRacing!!!

After coming out on the short end of last year's championship tiebreaker, XxTeam48LowesXx had to be looking forward to the chance to chase those demons away for good and stand in the spotlight this time after coming so close. Though it wasn't from a tie, XxTeam48Lowes' 29th place finish at Homestead puts him right back in that same runner up spot for a 2nd consecutive season. Perhaps we should call him the Mark Martin of Pick'em? Though it is bittersweet, there is merit in such a distinction. Finishing 2nd overall in points is an accomplishment to be proud of, and now it's been done twice in two years. Keep knocking on that door and eventually it will open, right? I'm sure the competition is keeping on eye on this one as well.

That brings us to our two former Champions who were looking to make history as the first ever repeat champs. While that did not happen for either one, both can claim credit as the 3rd place overall finisher in 2016 thanks to a tie between them for the 38th finishing position at Homestead. For roostmotor87, the dismal performance comes at the expense of the highest of hopes as he seemed to be taking the same road took to the 2012 championship - get to the top of the standings and stay there. For DannyM, it was the chance to break a long championship drought as 2009 seems like a long time ago, and under a different points system. Winning another title may have seemed like winning a different one somehow, but either way it'll still need to wait until next year as the Cubs used to say. At least the win this year put DannyM back solely atop the all time wins list.

Let's also give shout outs to 4x4yoda and taz1458. 4x4yoda finished 5th overall, capping off a successful rookie season. taz1458 narrowly came out on top amongest non-Chasers as "Best of the Rest", holding off a late-season charge by the Commish by a scant 5 points. Congrats guys!

Even though it was clinched last week, we can't leave out the 2016 Rookie of the Year @4x4yoda. Congrats!

Finally, it's for the annual shout outs to these awesome people:

XxTeam48Lowes
    roostmotor87
    DannyM
    NAlt4
    the Ghost888
    BobbyRicky62
    ShadowKnight508
    4x4yoda
    Ryan597
    starscream24
    taz1458
    IMCool332
    canadienhits
    Tim2488
    Fishtail
    CpPolar268
    westracing01
    FloridaFan88
    Ryan81398
    The_Dolfan
    KahneRacing945
    Ajwehr
    CarlEdwardsRulz
    mvdbutler

These are the names of the competitors who entered all 36 races in 2016. I want to thank each and every one of you for your support each and every week. Thanks for making the SRD Pick'em Series the highly contested and competitive series that it is. Hope to see you all back for more in 2017!

Once again, congrats to our 2016 SRD Pick'em Series Champion 4WideRacing!

Congrats to our 2016 SRD Pick'em Series Rookie of the Year 4x4yoda!

With that, the 10th season of the SRD Pick'em Series comes to a close. This has been the 4th year that I have been proud to serve as Commissioner and I can't thank everybody enough for your continued participation and support. This Series is only here and only goes on because of all of you. You all make this what it is so big thanks to you all.

Now I will enjoy an offseason away from doing this every week, but February will be here again before we all know it. Be prepared for that. Keep an eye out for the annual SRD Pick'em Year in Review that comes annually in January. After that it'll be time to kickoff the 2017 season and the 11th season of the SRD Pick'em Series. Hope to see you there. :)

Here are the full results from Homestead:

[​IMG]

The final standings for 2016:

[​IMG]

Final 2016 Rookie standings:

[​IMG]

Hope everybody has a GREAT offseason, Christmas, and New Year's everybody! See you around on the forums, and see you in Daytona in February! :)

17. BobbyRicky62

BobbyRicky62 Well-Known Member

Back in February, right after I submitted my Speedweeks picks, I thought to myself, "Okay, let's see if I can at least get through this season in one piece".

Now, nine months later, here I sit 8th in the championship race, and 3rd in the ROTY race.

My rookie year here in SRD Pick 'Em may have been rough in spots, but I'm just glad it all worked out in the end.

Congrats to 4WideRacing & 4x4yoda, thank you all for an awesome 2016, and I look forward to doin' battle with you all next season!

4WideRacing likes this.
  18. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

What?!?! I can't believe I won, I thought for sure I had lost lol It's such a huge honor to be able to say I'm a SRD Pick'em Champion! Thank you to Matt for running this awesome series and to all of you that make it so competitive that it feels awesome to win races and a championship!
    Congrats to 4x4yoda on rookie of the year and the race win!

shaneshine23 likes this.
  19. 2448fan4life

2448fan4life #1 Hendrick Motorsports Fan

So close! Congrats to 4WideRacing and 4x4yoda on your titles.

Cheers
    Robbie

4WideRacing likes this.
  20. 4x4yoda

4x4yoda Well-Known Member

This was my rookie year here in SRD Pick 'Em series. I learned alot. Seems I should go with my original thoughts most time but before the big race on Sundays I'd call an audible. I'm honored to be 2016 rookie of the year. I had for the most part an awesome year. I won 3 races which even winning one can be tough to do. I remember back at Atlanta 1 I picked all 3 series winners correctly, how often does that happen? I look forward to next year!!.

Congrats to my fellow Toyota fan 4WideRacing! You had an awesome 2016.
    I'll see you all next year in Daytona...

4WideRacing likes this.