1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

SRD Pick'em 2017: Ford EcoBoost 400 at Homestead-Miami ***Championship results posted***

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by MattSRD28, Nov 15, 2017.

1. taz1458

taz1458 #LetsGoPens

Well, I was the only one to pick Truex to win. But had Kenseth and Hamlin both behind Elliott and Kez. Boy this going to be close.

2. Virox6549

Virox6549 Well-Known Member

Cup Pole: Martin Truex Jr. (2nd)

Truck Winner: Christopher Bell (2nd)

Xfinity Winner: William Byron (3rd)

Cup Results
    1) Martin Truex Jr. (1st!!!)
    2) Kevin Harvick (4th)
    3) Denny Hamlin (9th)
    4) Brad Keselowski (7th)
    5) Matt Kenseth (8th)

3. Virox6549

Nah, I picked him too. :)

4. IMCool332

IMCool332 Well-Known Member

Well if this was pick the best 4 I'd be in the catbirds seat. Second week in a row I pick the top two correctly, then 3rd was 4th again, an 8th...and thanks YRB 29th.

Good luck everybody!

5. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

Sigh...

Pole: Nope

CWTS: Nope

NXS: Nope (my bad for staying out late on Friday night and sleeping in until the green flag waved)

2017 Ford EcoBoost 400 at Homestead Winner: Martin Truex Jr. (He won!)
    2. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (finished 25th)
    3. Brad Keselowski (finished 7th)
    4. Ryan Blaney (finished 29th)
    5. Kyle Busch (Finished 2nd)

6. taz1458

taz1458 #LetsGoPens

I meant of the championship 4. Lol

7. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

Man, everyone pretty much picked this lol

8. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus!

Cup Pole: Martin Truex Jr. (Nope)

Truck Winner: Christopher Bell (2)

Xfinity Winner: William Byron (3)

Cup Results
    1) Kevin Harvick (4)
    2) Matt Kenseth (8)
    3) Martin Truex Jr. (1)
    4) Brad Keselowski (7)
    5) Chase Elliott (5)

9. Virox6549

Oh, my bad.

10. 2448fan4life

2448fan4life Fan of Hendrick Motorsports and Martin Truex Jr.

Cup Pole: Nope

Truck Winner: Nope

Xfinity Winner: Nope but he did win the championship.

1. 4th
    2. 5th
    3. 1st
    4. 2nd
    5. 27th (Damn you Jimmie!)

If I swapped Larson for JJ I would be alright.

Rob

11. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th.

Good thing it sorted itself :D

12. ChadVSO

ChadVSO 2016 Brazilian Série D champions

(Nope)
    (Nope)
    (Nope)
    1st, 4th, 27th, 7th, 5th

13. antknee10

antknee10 Well-Known Member

Had a blast this season. Thank you to all competitors and for @MattSRD28 for keeping it going.

I think @DannyM probably pulled it out.

Fishtail likes this.
  14. SebaXRuiz

SebaXRuiz 5 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

I just wanna say, thank you to all the competitiors of the 2017 season and for @MattSRD28 for keeping it going.

See you in 2018 season in Daytona.

Fishtail and Virox6549 like this.
  15. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

Alright everybody, time to wake up from your turkey comas and take a break from all that online shopping you've been doing. It's time to see the final outcome of the 2017 SRD Pick'em Series season!

After a long 9+ months of ups and downs, big scores, big headaches, a slightly new format, and going from "what the heck are playoff points anyway?" to having the equivalent of podium finishes, the 11th season of the SRD Pick'em Series has finally come to a close. But before it was all settled, there was one more checkered flag to chase, and four competitors with a heads-up shot at bringing home the big prize. Three of those competitors had brought home the big prize before, but under somewhat different rules. For DannyM and roostmotor87, it was a 2nd straight shot at their 2nd championship after being turned away last year. For taz1458, it was a shot at glory after ending 2016 with the best score out of the playoffs. For antknee10, it was a ride on the wings of success with a Golden Ticket in hand from a win at Martinsville. In the end, it was a win that brought home the big prize. Last time that happened was in 2015 when not only was there a win, but also a tie for the win and subsequently the championship. There was no tie for the win this year. There was only a clear and dominant winner and champion for 2017.

Before we reveal who that was, let's first acknowledge who of the championship 4 came away a little bit short of their goal. That would be antknee10 whose score of 179 translated into a 23rd place finish, and taz1458 who came home 19th. taz1458 who ruled the roost for nearly the entire regular season but it just wasn't meant to be, at least this year. So that means we will indeed have our first ever 2-time SRD Pick'em Champion this year. Well, the remaining two championship contenders both scored over 200 points in Homestead. They both scored top 10 finishes. In fact they both finished in the top 5. But, DannyM managed to pick Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick and Chase Elliott in their exact finishing positions, and that 21 point boost propelled his score to 224, besting roostmotor87's score of 208, and giving DannyM the Homestead victory and the 2017 SRD Pick'em Series championship!!! XxTeam48LowesXx, who came out on the wrong end of that tiebreaker in 2015, finished in the runner up spot in Homestead. wslates came home 3rd, cementing his status as "best of the rest" in 2017. matheus357 and the aforementioned roostmotor87 rounded out the top 5.

As the Commissioner of the SRD Pick'em Series, please join me in congratulating the Homestead race winner and 2017 SRD Pick'em Series Champion @DannyM!!! :)

It's fitting that the all-time leader in Pick'em Series wins is now also the all-time leader in Pick'em Series championships.

Next up, let's give a shout out to ahspencer01 and wslates. For 2017, ahspencer01 finished 5th in the overall point standings which is best among those who made the playoffs but were eliminated from championship contention along the way. wslates finished 17th overall, tops amongest those who did not make the playoffs this year. Congrats to our bests of the rest for 2017!

Let's not forget the honor that was clinched last week in Phoenix. @shaneshine23 is the 2017 SRD Pick'em Series Rookie of the Year. Congrats!

With all that said, I'd like to also give a shout out to the following awesome people:
    roostmotor87
    taz1458
    ahspencer01
    BobbyRicky62
    Ryan597
    Fishtail
    John Gregorio
    starscream24
    wslates
    XxTeam48LowesXx
    Johnnyk1990
    ShadowKnight508
    Ryan81398
    Dodgeman4345
    The_Dolfan
    Tim2488
    Hendrick4life
    2448fan4life
    BrendonH12
    mvdbutler
    Bitbreaker

These are the names of all those who entered all 36 races this year. Thank you all so much for your participation and your support. You guys make the SRD Pick'em Series the competitive and fun game that it is. Job well done all year.

Once again, congrats to the now 2-time SRD Pick'em Series Champion DannyM!
    Congrats to the 2017 SRD Pick'em Series Rookie of the Year shaneshine23!

Thus marks the end of the 11th season of the SRD Pick'em Series and the 5th that I have served as your SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner. Thanks to all of you so very much for your continued support. This game only exists because of all of you. It's because of all of you and it's all of you who make this what it is. Big thanks to you all. It's time now to enjoy the offseason, and a respite for me from doing this every week. Be on the lookout for the annual Year in Review that will come in January!

Here are the final results from Homestead:
    [​IMG]

The final standings for 2017:
    [​IMG]

Final 2017 Rookie of the Year Standings:
    [​IMG]

Hope everybody has a fantastic Christmas, New Year's, and offseason! See you around the forums as we countdown to Daytona next February. :)

16. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

I finally made the all 36 list. Lol.

2448fan4life and BrendonH12 like this.
  17. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus!

Hey, me too! lol :D
    Congrats to @DannyM on your 2nd Championship!

DannyM likes this.
  18. Virox6549

DannyM likes this.
  19. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

It stinks losing a top 10 by a tie-breaker! Oh well, better luck next time :)

Congrats @DannyM on the title!

DannyM likes this.
  20. BobbyRicky62

BobbyRicky62 Well-Known Member

And my sophomore year ends with a top-10 points finish!

Congrats @DannyM, and here's to 2018!

DannyM likes this.