1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Steering wheel jerky?

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Mcc457, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mcc457

Mcc457 Well-Known Member

My wheel, a cheap one, the Genius Twinwheel F1, has a large dead zone (not sure if this what you call it, it just doesn't react at a certain degree, really close to the wheel being straight, and courses the car to jerky rather than be smooth) that I was able to fix with steering linearity in NR2003 and smoothing in NASCAR Heat and Live For Speed. Is there a setting like this in rFactor? Inside a file maybe, I can't find it with the game?

2. Wrangler88

Wrangler88 Well-Known Member

Don't know the wheel but usually it needs to be taken apart and clean the brushes and commutator, (contact). Bits of carbon and wear form dead zones and they need to be repaired, replaced or by a new wheel. Try google for your wheel and problem and see what you can find.

Mcc457 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.