SUNNYD Cup Series Showroom

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by shaneshine23, Nov 25, 2016.

1. shaneshine23

shaneshine23 NR2003 driver since 2008.

Welcome to my showroom! I just want to let you all know that I'm not even close to a professional painter and most of my work is just for fun. Enjoy!

2. shaneshine23

[​IMG]
    2017 NASCAR SunnyD Cup Series Promo Car
    Render by @Andy1, thanks to him!

BrendonH12, de31168 and Andy1 like this.
  3. shaneshine23

2017 SunnyD Cup Series Paint Scheme Dump!
    I'll be posting a few schemes a day, I have several done but don't want to flood the thread too much, so here's a few of the early (but REALLY bad.) schemes I made for the upcoming series... (I sadly have no idea what I'm doing with 3dsMax so renders are with Car Viewer..bare with me, also pardon the terrible looking Chase logo in the bottom right, stretched it too much and didn't think twice about it.)
    #1-Jamie McMurray-Mcdonalds/Cessna
    [​IMG]
    Back shot of 1
    [​IMG]
    My absolute LEAST favorite one I've made by far, 2-Brad Keselowski-Miller Lite/Wurth
    [​IMG]
    That's it for now...stay tuned though, none of these schemes are supposed to be good they are primarily just for fun, I have no paint experience whatsoever but hopefully you all enjoy these, lol..

BrendonH12 likes this.
  4. nj9703

nj9703 SRD Truck Series Director

Here's a tutorial for 3dsMax from @Alan Harkleroad.

As for your schemes, they're pretty okay for a new painter. Take the time to make sure your logos and numbers don't blend in with the background, they are the correct size, etc. Associate sponsors/b-pillar sponsors, signatures, and updated contingencies will also help. Overall, my best tip to you, and any new painter, is to take your time. Sure it may "just be for fun", but it's even more fun when you produce high quality work. Keep going at it.

shaneshine23 likes this.
  5. shaneshine23

Yes sir.... You made my night bro, thanks, big coming from you since you gave a lot of inspiration for this series!!!!

nj9703 likes this.
  6. shaneshine23

Some more early schemes, I've learned a lot more now so don't take these too seriously..

3-Austin Dillon-Dow/American Ethanol.
    Pretty proud of this one actually, the green rear bumper does make it pop, just not sure how good that's going to look during go time..
    [​IMG]
    Back shot of 3
    [​IMG]
    4-Kevin Harvick-Busch-Busch Light/Jimmy Johns
    Was proud of this one at first till I realized my attempt at mountains was god awful, plus forgot to color the fenders white as well..lol.
    [​IMG]
    5-Chase Elliott-NAPA/3M
    Credits to Stunod Racing for the base, really helped me out with this one..
    [​IMG]
    That's it for now, may post some more tonight..

BrendonH12 likes this.
  7. shaneshine23

Back for another day of schemes.. Still pretty early for these babies, about late November I believe, Post-Thanksgiving.

6-Trevor Bayne-Advocare
    Got lazy with this one.. but the blue numbers look pretty neat.
    [​IMG]
    10-Danica Patrick-Nature's Bakery/TaxAct
    This was probably the first one I really started experimenting with designs, etc.
    [​IMG]
    11-Denny Hamlin-Fedex
    Even though it's an early one I really love the design with the different Fedex teams on the side.
    [​IMG]
    13-Justin Allgaier-Brandt
    Making his move from JRM back to cup, Mears left the 13 to drive for H Scott Motorsports in the 15, leaving the 13 with no driver, Allgaier is back and wants another shot at the prize!
    [​IMG]
    BONUS RENDER BY @Andy1 ! Thanks bro!
    [​IMG]

Andy1 and BrendonH12 like this.
  8. shaneshine23

We're back just like that!

Hate this one so I could re-do it at some point. The white oval on the hood looked fine while painting but the render didn't come out that great.
    14-Clint Bowyer-Mobil 1/Peak
    [​IMG]
    15-Casey Mears-Geico
    After losing his ride at Germain Racing to Justin Allgaier, Mears was without a ride, after Bowyer moved to the 14, H Scott Motorsports was open for one car, Mears gladly accepted and will drive the 15 machine next season.
    [​IMG]
    16-Darrell Wallace Jr-Ford EcoBoost
    After Greg's potential retirement, RFR decided to move Darrell into the 16 car for the SunnyD Cup Series.
    [​IMG]

BrendonH12 likes this.
  9. shaneshine23

13 Days until Christmas? More like 26 days until The Unlimited race for the SunnyD series!
    17-Ricky Stenhouse Jr-Fastenal
    Credits to Stunod Racing for the base.
    [​IMG]
    18-Kyle Busch-M&M's/Interstate Batteries
    [​IMG]
    19-Carl Edwards-Arris/Stanley
    [​IMG]

BrendonH12 likes this.
  10. shaneshine23

20-Matt Kenseth-Dollar General/Dewalt FlexVolt
    [​IMG]
    21-Ryan Blaney-Ford/Ford Motorcraft
    [​IMG]
    22-Joey Logano-Shell Pennzoil/AAA Insurance
    [​IMG]

BrendonH12 likes this.
  11. MrDude68

MrDude68 Don't give me that look

I notice a lot of your hood logos are pretty small... I would suggest enlarging them to fill the hood space better. Also make sure your numbers always contrast well with the base, whether it's by adding another stroke to them or changing the color (thinking of the 2, 5, and 10 in particular). Keep plugging away man, practice is good.

shaneshine23 likes this.
  12. shaneshine23

Will probably change the 10 to a white number, looked good blue at first but in the end I'm just not feeling it, feedback is more appreciated then you think though! These schemes are pretty early in the making so the hood logo issue should be fixed at this point. :)

13. thefaeway

thefaeway Well-Known Member

Definitely make hood logos larger... unless that's kind of a "thing" in the Sunny D series, in which case I imagine the space would be filled with something else. I mean, one could theoretically have a series that requires the main sponsor to be on the hood as well as the contigs as well as the team sponsor ;)

Second thing I'd touch is getting your angles right as far as numbers and such on the side of each car. As it is, it looks like you're trying to get them to line up nice and neat so a straight edge bubble thingy would show a perfect placement, but that actually is not perfect on a NASCAR. I typically have to change the angle anywhere from 2-4 percent (and negatives for the opposite side of the car) depending on what mod, model and sponsor I'm dealing with.

Next would be number placement, but I barely have that one figured out myself. :)

The last thing that I would personally do--and that's just me and many might disagree--is to focus on the simpler designs. For the time being, something like your FedEx or M&Ms cars might be better designed similar to the Arris car. More complex designs are always rewarding but a simple and clean design that it does well will look a lot better. If you want to have something a little more complicated, like the hood of the 4, then be sure to spend that extra time on the rest of the car...like go back and fix the 4 car before posting it. Spend the same amount of time on the Nature's Bakery and M&M's car or longer--however long it takes. If you feel like giving up on a complicated design, then feel free and figure out a simpler design that would look just as nice.

After all, the iconic schemes of NASCAR are often far simpler than the majority of what we see posted here at SRD. :)

shaneshine23 likes this.
  14. shaneshine23

Thanks for all of that haha!!..
    As for your question about the hood logos, the only thing specific for this series is a 2 sponsor limit, Hood-Sides for Primary (2 is an exception) then quarter panels or bumper for secondary..

15. shaneshine23

23-Matt Crafton-Slim Jim/Menards
    [​IMG]
    24 Shane Mundy-Pepsi/Axalta
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^^^ Render by @Andy1! Great guy..
    27-Paul Menard-Menards
    [​IMG]
    30-Kasey Kahne
    [​IMG]

BrendonH12 likes this.
  16. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #BatonRougeStrong

I take it that you don't like Kasey Kahne! lol

Scxurge and shaneshine23 like this.
  17. MrDude68

MrDude68 Don't give me that look

Looks like Kasey took quite a pay cut haha

shaneshine23 and sadlerfan21 like this.
  18. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 2 Days

Tragic. Just Tragic. I'm liking this showroom though, good ideas. Except for kahne in the 30.

19. shaneshine23

I thought you may be around here... Sure your username shouldn't be KahneRacing94530?

20. shaneshine23

Nothing against him, Chase just took the 5 haha... He had to go somewhere!!

BrendonH12 likes this.