Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Base: N7R
Logos: Best Brands of the World
Templates: SS.net template from NNracing.
#'s: by N7R, created in After Effects CS4
Render Scenes: N7R

Standard Scheme

Last edited:

taz1458

Let's Go Guido!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Number is pretty bland for that ride. Maybe add some color to it and throw some skittles on the base somewhere. Also the skittles logo on the hood runs onto the fenders. Other then those tidbits, it doesn't look bad!

Sage

Cranky Old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Also the skittles logo on the hood runs onto the fenders.
Why? Is there some sort of unwritten rule that says the logo has to be contained within the hood confines? Nobody ever complains when graphics aren't only on the sides.

I like it! I personally have run logos off the hood lots of times. Sort of like drawing outside the lines or thinking outside the box.

Rixster

SRD Member
Reaction score
I have to agree on the hood logo, there's nothing wrong with it extending to the fenders. That's how it is on a lot of real schemes. I like this car a lot, I think the numbers are perfect and match "Skittles" logo. I also really love the base, especially on that Pontiac template. This is a really great car, almost has an "Old School" feel to it and you did some really nice work here!

eArLfR

SRD Member
Reaction score
It looks great! Love the metallic effects!

*****This is my 500th Post!*****

Legacyofthe24

SRD Member
Reaction score
when did nascar ever say the logos can't run over the hood line? just about everybody's hood logo in nascar runs over onto the fenders or even the front clip so idk where that info came from.

4WideRacing

Forum Guru
SRD Member
Reaction score
when did nascar ever say the logos can't run over the hood line? just about everybody's hood logo in nascar runs over onto the fenders or even the front clip so idk where that info came from.
Sorry I thought it was in the Nascar rulebook. I reread the section about logos and noticed I misread it the 1st time. Nascar says that the logo can't go below the hood pins but can go off to the sides of the hood. My eyes are bad and I thought it said that you can't put them off to the sides. I changed my previous post.

labontefanboy

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
That's pretty sweet! I agree with taz about the numbers though. But that base is great! I've always wanted to see that sort of thing done with Skittles.

Mike24

Retired
SRD Member
Reaction score
Love the scheme. The numbers, too. It looks like a 90s throwback to the old Derrike Cope scheme for MB2 racing.

Great work! :)

PeaceFrog

SRD Member
Reaction score
That's a nice ride! I would like to see the spoiler painted red though. Or maybe with the rainbow colors.

DanAsher26

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Dude, I must say, YOUR CARS ARE AMAZING. I've only seen a few, but what I've seen is just beast. Very nice!!

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
That's a nice ride! I would like to see the spoiler painted red though. Or maybe with the rainbow colors.
I have some that have the base as purple and pink, if I find time to render them I might post those in here as well =)

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Nice car man. I like the retro look. Love that shade of red too. Question, how long have you been painting?

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Nice car man. I like the retro look. Love that shade of red too. Question, how long have you been painting?
I've been painting since Nascar Racing 2 when it had that in game paint shop thingy. I'm not even that old either, I just started at a young age lol. Even since I've made it a hobby and have been painting fictional carsets to this day =)

John Waylon

SRD Member
Reaction score
they are part of Lurn2Burn's Pontiac Template.

and yeah it is awesome, wish more ppl would paint cars with this template, its really cool.
Yeah, just saw that temp but I wasn't sure because your ride had two of them but the temp only had the one and it threw me off. Thanks though!

Status
Not open for further replies.