42 - Clover Camaro - DOV1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

[Teaser] Daytona 2020 BBMC Day & Night

Matt Baker

SRD Member
Reaction score
Well I was going to PM you guys to ask what track you were doing next and this answers my question. She's a beaut boys. The work you guys is insane! Can't wait to take some laps on it when you're done.

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thought it would be nice to drop a status update.
Some more life speed bumps found their way in front of us but we continue to inch forward. The good news is the track is further along than we've hinted at thus far. Due to some other projects in our life, we don't expect to have these released AT LEAST for another month at the earliest.
Before the question finds it's way here; NO, there will not be a road course variant.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Beat me to it!

Well I was hoping to see someone at some point put an updated NASCAR Daytona RC out (it will probably happen eventually), but I totally understand. You guys put a lot of work into these tracks and throwing another track into the mix when I am sure you already have plans (whether it be a different track, other projects or just taking a break) would probably be a bit much.

Lastlap

SRD Member
Reaction score
Why shame? The road course is pretty much having to build a whole new track essentially.
My track building knowledge is non existent. But would the base track not use what is already made for the oval?

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
My track building knowledge is non existent. But would the base track not use what is already made for the oval?
My track building knowledge is limited to basic understanding of .mip files, so don't take my word for it, but even though there are some parts of the track that may be reused, there is a lot that needs to be redone from scratch.

I also am a little bummed for the same reason, because it would be epic, but I completely understand why they wouldn't want to.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Only part of it could be reused, the entire road course section would have to be made including editing the sections of the main superspeedway areas that have a chicane added, that is a lot to reconstruct. The way track making works and sandbox if you have a base track and make a road course version out it that is pretty much making a whole new track.

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thank you Sir. Didn't know how much more time & work was required. :oops:
Yeah Mystical is dead on. In many ways it's more work than the oval even with the oval portion already created. Perhaps the biggest reason though is that it is an awful circuit that I simply don't want to waste my time on. There are better projects in the pipeline, in my opinion.

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Quick poll: Would you prefer a dark, gritty track like we've typically done (see: Charlotte), or do you prefer to see the sunset skies?

radney

SRD Member
Reaction score
I personally don't care for the pitch black gritty look for the skies. I do like the sunset look but I'm sure most would choose the pitch black look. I would say if I could, maybe not so dark. Maybe like a early evening just as the sun is down with a blueish look to it. The pitch black, I'm not a fan of. Look forward to whichever way it goes.