0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

[Teaser] Daytona 2020 BBMC Day & Night

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Guys good to hear you’re getting close. The screenshots are off the chart. Thanks again for all the hard work and sharing it with the community.

Freddy
FSE Tracks

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
We took a pretty large bite, and we've been chewing with sore jaws. We're in the process of knocking out our list of objects which unfortunately just takes some time to get right.

I know I keep saying we're close, but I look at our work and where we're at and I still feel we're extremely close, it's just takes time to add some of these things we've left for the end. I'd love to show some Day shots, but for the sake of not duplicating work for ourselves, we haven't forked the Day version yet. We will share when we get to that point.

Although this track has a lot (maybe too much) we have been taking new strides in attempt to improve our track optimization. We're being smarter with our textures, while maintaining a fairly aggressive goal. We're simplifying objects and object placements, and busy planning workflow improvements for future tracks to hopefully improve team sanity, and provide more content.

Know that we don't mean to tease for so long. We ourselves wish things moved a little quicker. Unfortunately, a simple task ends up taking like 2 hours and you take a step back and realize you don't know what the hell just happened with the time.

I wasn't particularly thrilled about working on Daytona, but I have to say this thing looks great!

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
I understand... when FSE did the Daytona tracks I worked through several nights watching the sun come up the next morning, and I know Sean burned the midnight oil as well.

thanks for the update

Gwen Cole

93 Wins
SRD Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know how you all have the patience to make all these amazing tracks. I've just started messing around with Sandbox and it constantly frustrates me so I can't even imagine making something as intricate as Daytona. Amazing job, all of you.

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the hard work fellas the quality is out standing

I’ve never been one to pull/ hold back opinions or comments so I have to say I’m personally disappointed with the chose to go with the black sky, I think it’s lost some graphic appeal vs the late evening sky. Unless I've miss spoke and both are an option.

Again thanks for all the hard work provided to the community

Freddy
FSE Tracks

Last edited:

radney

SRD Member
Reaction score

I’ve never been one to pull hold back opinions or comments so I have to say I’m personally disappointed with the chose to go with the black sky, I think it’s lost some graphic appeal vs the late evening sky. Unless I've miss spoke and both are an option.

Freddy
FSE Tracks
Agreed

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score

I’ve never been one to pull/ hold back opinions or comments so I have to say I’m personally disappointed with the chose to go with the black sky, I think it’s lost some graphic appeal vs the late evening sky. Unless I've miss spoke and both are an option.

Freddy
FSE Tracks
Here's my honest opinion: NR2003 is too damn old to make everyone happy. And I'm not spending two extra weeks to re-texture every object for an alternate sky pack. Unfortunately switching the skies between sessions is just too much work without dynamic lighting. And trying to do both: sunset skies with objects shaded for night will never look good.

Something had to give and we chose realism. If you don't like it, drop in the skies you like from my texture pack (link).

Last edited:

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Here's my honest opinion: NR2003 is too damn old to make everyone happy. And I'm not spending two extra weeks to re-texture every object for an alternate sky pack. Unfortunately switching the skies between sessions is just too much work without dynamic lighting. And trying to do both: sunset skies with objects shaded for night will never look good.

Something had to give and we chose realism. If you don't like it, drop in the skies you like from my texture pack (link).

Yeah, It will give me something to rework over the winter when I'm stuck inside for my personal use if I want an evening version...LOL. I will say realism is not the right word, more like late-race effect vs early to mid-race effect.;)

I fully understand, You guys had some really nice evening effects so I was hoping that was the direction you were going but, you have to develop the track that makes you happy. I've been there myself.
If I could recommend something, I would add stars or light clouds to give it some type of realism to the sky. (you may already have that in the works).

Again thanks man. The community really needed an updated Daytona, the FSE version was getting long in the tooth.

Freddy
FSE Tracks

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score

Preach!

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
I fully understand, You guys had some really nice evening effects so I was hoping that was the direction you were going but, you have to develop the track that makes you happy.
This is really it. I liked the sunset skies too. Heck I made it my avatar. But when it came time to putting in the detail, a true night track gives us more flexibility and control because otherwise it feels like a Day track caught in limbo.

Daytona BBMC Night will feel like a night track in ways default Papyrus tracks never did. This is always our goal with our night versions. This means actual dark areas. I will say though, the racing surface will be brighter than prior tracks. This feedback has been heard and received. Expect some tweaks in this dept.