0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

[Teaser] Daytona 2020 BBMC Day & Night

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Specific track skies is a design choice by BBMC. We place sky files in our tracks to overrule any that are in the shared folder. We do this so we can control the look and feel of the event. We asked earlier, used that feedback, and made a decision. In the first version that we had blacker skies, I praised the look of it. It feels like a night race now.

If anyone wants other skies they can have them. All you have to do is copy the ones you want from the shared folder and drop them in the track. I'll even put a tutorial in the readme to accomplish this. It doesn't get much simpler.

This game is extremely customizable. That's the beauty of it.

We have a lot to show that we have been working on recently. More to come soon!

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
This is really it. I liked the sunset skies too. Heck I made it my avatar. But when it came time to putting in the detail, a true night track gives us more flexibility and control because otherwise it feels like a Day track caught in limbo.

Daytona BBMC Night will feel like a night track in ways default Papyrus tracks never did. This is always our goal with our night versions. This means actual dark areas. I will say though, the racing surface will be brighter than prior tracks. This feedback has been heard and received. Expect some tweaks in this dept.
Good to hear... I'm looking forward to seeing it and please never take my suggestions as ungrateful toward your group or work. It's just old habit of input on track work. I always try and make sure I provide feedback in a respectful way. I know I appreciated good feedback when Sean and I was putting tracks together.

Again thanks for the update

Freddy
FSE Tracks

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Good to hear... I'm looking forward to seeing it and please never take my suggestions as ungrateful toward your group or work. It's just old habit of input on track work. I always try and make sure I provide feedback in a respectful way. I know I appreciated good feedback when Sean and I was putting tracks together.
Anytime! Most people here understand how much work these things take. I just spent two months redoing infield objects. Feedback is feedback, not gospel. While we want to make people happy, these tracks are ultimately part of a hobby and should be about fun.

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
If i had the money i'd buy you both beers. These tracks are Iracing quality, keep killing it!
I think they have a paypal donation link on their site. [EDIT] If I could read better, I would see that you said IF you had money,lol[EDIT]

Speaking of that, @halfwayglad & @Rufio2031, you guys should put your website link in your signature or something. Purely for selfish reasons and my laziness, it would make it easier for me to get to your site if you did,lol.

Last edited:

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Stunningly realistic! iRacing has nothing on you guys!
Well, they do have FAR better technology! ;)
But yeah, when I play iRacing I shake my head at all the missed potential of the game. They are really not providing the quality given the asking price.
They use a grown up version of Sandbox, so from my viewpoint it's easy to spot when they're not making minor updates just out of pure laziness. I know it's only a 10 minute fix at the max! But I digress...

Day requires a little work before we can show off a meaningful screenshot of it but it won't be long at all. With all the nighttime textures it doesn't look quite right at the moment.

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thank you :) This has been my baby. I want to push lighting as much as I can.
You‘ve got something to be proud of! I’ve got to ask, are the frame rates coming in pretty good?

Again, thanks for the late hours.

Freddy
FSE Tracks