0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

[Teaser] Daytona 2020 BBMC Day & Night

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
You‘ve got something to be proud of! I’ve got to ask, are the frame rates coming in pretty good?

Again, thanks for the late hours.

Freddy
FSE Tracks
Performance is good. I pull my usual 140FPS entering turn 1 and stay above 60FPS entering the tri-oval. We implemented a few new team guidelines for Daytona:
- Keep object poly counts below 400 faces. Max 500.
- Limit 4K mips to asphalt, fencing, and key trackmat items. Tile 2048px and lower where possible. Try to avoid 4K x 4K where possible.
- 1024px mips by default for most objects and TSDs.

Even though I think Daytona is our best looking track so far, it uses the least 4K mips. I'm optimistic about our gains in performance here and hope to do a bit more optimization before launch.

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Performance is good. I pull my usual 140FPS entering turn 1 and stay above 60FPS entering the tri-oval. We implemented a few new team guidelines for Daytona:
- Keep object poly counts below 400 faces. Max 500.
- Limit 4K mips to asphalt, fencing, and key trackmat items. Tile 2048px and lower where possible. Try to avoid 4K x 4K where possible.
- 1024px mips by default for most objects and TSDs.

Even though I think Daytona is our best looking track so far, it uses the least 4K mips. I'm optimistic about our gains in performance here and hope to do a bit more optimization before launch.
Man that is great to pull off the quality I’m seeing in the screen shots and still maintain the FPS. Great job!

Freddy
FSE Tracks

dhenn

SRD Member
Reaction score
this truely is amazing.... i cannot wait.... i have a question..... could someone take your track to use for an updated road course.... I am not asking to use it.... just curious.... could you take any daytona base to use for a road course update.

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Man that is great to pull off the quality I’m seeing in the screen shots and still maintain the FPS. Great job!
I think it's important to note that @halfwayglad has some sort of magical NR2003 computer. It runs everything perfectly, at 5k! I would say it's fairly comparable or slightly better than our other tracks. It does run pretty great, but given the nature of superspeedway racing, it does get a little rough sometimes when you're rendering the whole pack in front of you. Not much different than any other track would though.

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
I think it's important to note that @halfwayglad has some sort of magical NR2003 computer. It runs everything perfectly, at 5k! I would say it's fairly comparable or slightly better than our other tracks. It does run pretty great, but given the nature of superspeedway racing, it does get a little rough sometimes when you're rendering the whole pack in front of you. Not much different than any other track would though.
Hey, if I can run it at 5K, most people should be able to run it in HD or 2560x1440 * :p

* Potato computers and netbooks need not apply.

Edit: For the record, my computer is an iMac from 2017 running a mobile GPU.

horseman89

SRD Member
Reaction score
Hey, if I can run it at 5K, most people should be able to run it in HD or 2560x1440 * :p

* Potato computers and netbooks need not apply.

Edit: For the record, my computer is an iMac from 2017 running a mobile GPU.
LOL, I have nice craptop (as I call it since it's from year 2010 or 2011 - don't remember exactly - it was ages ago when I brought it) with specs that near close to run NR2003 when it was just released! :D By the way is these both Daytona's released already or people just clapping hands and enjoying pictures yet?

mustangflyer

Lurker
Reaction score
awesome job guys! two questions:

1: will there be a fps version

2:will there be a RC in the future?

5395racing

SRD Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the FPS part. Although my current laptop is much better then my old one (which ran NR2003 around 5fps on near lowest graphics), the fps on my current one can get around 20 at some tracks on the best graphics.

Pixelz

SRD Member
Reaction score
The quality of the BBMC tracks is absolutely amazing, the Chicagoland and Charlotte BBMC tracks are my favorite to race at. Can't wait to give this one a go!