1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

[Teaser] Richmond 2018 BB-MC

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by halfwayglad, Sep 9, 2018.

1. halfwayglad

halfwayglad Well-Known Member

It's coming...

richmond_teaser_d.jpg

2. Darrell Pace

Darrell Pace Got a fresh set of Good Bye's on!

Nice! Looking forward to it!

halfwayglad likes this.
  3. 2448fan4life

2448fan4life Fan of Hendrick Motorsports and Martin Truex Jr.

Nice! Is this version going to be based on the spring race, fall race or both? Can’t wait!

Rob

4. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

What's coming? Truex winning at Richmond? Lol.

5. halfwayglad

It’ll be based on the Spring race, with new 3d objects and revised geometry based on satellite images.

gojimmie, 2448fan4life and DaveO like this.
  6. Smoke14

Smoke14 NR2003 Painter

I would tell you to take a break from making these tracks, but they're so damn nice that I can't tell you to stop! Looking forward to the track!

7. halfwayglad

8. Smoke14

Smoke14 NR2003 Painter

9. Little E Fan

Little E Fan Well-Known Member

I wish we had a love reaction for posts like this. Amazing work!

Skyline and halfwayglad like this.
  10. J.R.Franklin

J.R.Franklin Well-Known Member

As I commented in a previous post, your Chicagoland tracks came out looking beautiful. Congrats.

However, I'm going to make a little recommendation though that might help some people who are having frame rate issues due to the increase in hi-res graphics you are using in your track projects. For instance, I noticed in your night version of the Chicagoland track that you infused 5 identical 4K (4096 res) "pitch black" night skies in the dat of the track. I'm going to contend that absolutely no one could tell the difference between these skies in 4096 from 1024 res. So, personally, I would refrain from including those... or at least only include them as 1024 res versions. 4K skies look awesome (especially the day and sunset versions), but they don't need to be wrapped up inside of the dats of a track. If people want them in their tracks, they can simply put them into their shared folders and have the choice between using a 1024, 2048 or 4096 res sky depending on the potency of their particular PCs. If you want to force the pitch black sky in your night versions, only include the 1024 versions. Then offer an options folder with the release of the track with the 2048 and 4096 versions for people with stout rigs who might want them.

But going back to my original observation, I'm pretty sure absolutely no one can tell any difference between a 1024 and 4096 pitch black sky in the game... so why include it and force that extra size. Spend your hi-res graphics on things that really are noticeable. Just my 2 cents worth. ;)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Skyline, joeykraus19, MattyO and 3 others like this.
  11. TColeman12

TColeman12 #BMR19Team

This being my local track, it looks great, and quite accurate so far!

halfwayglad likes this.
  12. Smoke14

Smoke14 NR2003 Painter

100% agree with you, J.R. I had experienced issues with the Chicagoland track FPS-wise, and I have a pretty strong computer.

13. halfwayglad

TLDR: Yes! This is a great idea.

Rufio and I have been talking about ways to better optimize future tracks. I myself don't think track makers should include skies at all because it means future sky updates (like my own 4K package) can't impact those tracks. However I think exceptions can be made in cases where the sky is tied into the rest of the textures. Part of why Chicagoland Night works is because the sunsets don't break the illusion.

This is something we will definitely aim to do. We've also been investigating performance and the crashes some folks saw with Chicagoland. We're hoping to be able to offer up solutions and some common troubleshooting steps.

14. halfwayglad

Thanks for the kind words and feedback everyone! Here is another teaser before I get back to textures:

richmond_teaser_b.jpg

15. halfwayglad

Doing some testing

spectator.jpg

16. halfwayglad

17. HJimenez42

HJimenez42 Well-Known Member

That TOYOTA sign could be used too for Sonoma... Amzing job :)

joeykraus19 likes this.
  18. Devonja

Devonja Member

Just curious is this project not going to come out because of what happened today ???

19. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

Considering this track, like Chicagoland, is made to be released to the public, pretty damn sure nothing different is going to happen...

joeykraus19 and Devonja like this.
  20. Rufio2031

Rufio2031 Well-Known Member

It's made for us, and we're sharing it with you. Many creators before have left for the very same reason and have expressed this as a major area of concern more than once. We'll be releasing Richmond, but in the future we may revisit our decision to make public tracks if our efforts are abused.
    The community is by and large respectful and considerate. We expect that to continue, despite one or two recent voices.