Latest resources

2021 Fictional/Concept Paint Schemes Pack #1 DAT Designs
A collection of my fictional/concept paint schemes designed for the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series season
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2018 Formula 1 Carset BryceO84
2018 Formula Carset for the FORMULA 1 Mod by VSR.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - CrashClaimR.US Camry - CAL daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
61 - Pit Boss Camry - PHO1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Tereana City Superspeedway (Side Project)

TChapman500

Quit SRD
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm not completely satisfied with how the merge/branch combo on the backstretch turned-out, but this should give you an idea of the basic layout of the track. I'm trying to match-up the centerlines of the segments at the branch/merge areas without messing-up the oval which I almost did several times. Perhaps I've gone a bit too far with this time since the only reason I'm building even the oval is to help with the mesh generation of Sandbox 2 later on down the line. Perhaps I should remodel the backstretch merge point the way I want it to look, and then just not release any of the configurations that use it until after I can model it properly in Sandbox 2. That would mean only 2 out of the 5 configurations would be available at first, but it might be worth the wait.
Infield Courses.png

TChapman500

Quit SRD
SRD Member
Reaction score
Decided to work on the track a bit more. It's outlived its usefulness as a test platform for Sandbox 2. So I'll just finish putting in the emergency vehicles for the oval course. Then perhaps I'll start blending the infield courses with the main oval. Looks like there will be 5 configurations available. And no, I will not be putting in any random variations in the track surface. That would take way too long to do. Also, I need to make some rumble strip textures.

TChapman500

Quit SRD
SRD Member
Reaction score
I changed my mind. There will only be the oval configuration available for NR2003 and maybe the short infield course. It's just not worth building all of the configurations within the original Sandbox.

TChapman500

Quit SRD
SRD Member
Reaction score
Airport Design Editor. Also, I lost the project file for that airport which I need to redesign anyways.

By the way, I may release the infield courses, but only one at a time, and probably several months apart.

TChapman500

Quit SRD
SRD Member
Reaction score
Did a bit of work on the infield branch area and the stuff right after it. Here's what I've got so far. Only the rumble strip between the SAFER barrier will be visible on the oval until I get the infield course in as a 3DO.
Infield T1.png

Turn 2 of the infield course. I haven't modeled-in the tire walls yet or the catch fencing. Making this is how I discovered that the X Sections are not bezier curves. But for the Chapman Track Creator (which will be used for simulators other than NR2003), they WILL be bezier curves by default.
Infield T2.png

Zach3AD

Reaction score
Yo take your time man. Get it done how you want and don't set any deadlines for yourself. Looking good!

TChapman500

Quit SRD
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well, I've done a bit of tweaking on the setup and have found some extra speed. The car can now easily maintain 240 mph in the turns and reach 248 at the end of the straights. The tricky part is trying to get the setup to work in the draft. Before I started a race against the AI, I predicted that the car would get loose in the corners in the draft. It did not disappoint as I was the first caution as we entered the corners at about 255 mph. By the way, I'm thinking of posting a beta version of the track soon. The default fast setup should be a good starting point. I just need to get it to not spin out when we enter the corners at such high speeds.

EDIT: Boy do I wish we had Euler Spirals in NR2003. Those would be so helpful. No amount of tightening the car will remove the spin when on the top lane because of the track geometry.

Last edited:

TChapman500

Quit SRD
SRD Member
Reaction score
The front stretch branch area progress with all of the template geometry removed. The last 100 feet of oval racing surface modeled was made by splitting the roval segments into 5-foot-long segments and carefully preserving all of the F and W section positions to the left of the racing surface while moving the F, W, and X Sections that define the racing surface ever so slightly to the left to maintain the original curvature of that section of track. The 5-foot resolution is to make the branch area geometry as close to the original as possible. The edge lines for the road course will not be adjusted to match the oval though, as the oval configuration's geometry in that area is itself an approximation of the infield geometry. The rumble strip is left deliberately flat so that when the oval configuration is in use, you won't get cars flung high into the air by hitting the rumble strip. 3 of the 5 configurations will use this branch area. A fourth will use a branch area on the backstretch. And the remaining configuration is the oval configuration.

List of configurations that will be available (and yes, I am aware that I've changed my mind many times on that point):
Oval - 4.000 miles (Almost ready for beta testing. Anyone have a server?)
Short Infield - 2.398 miles
Full Infield - 3.803 miles
Runway Infield - Length not yet determined. Joins infield at backstretch hairpin.
Short-Cut - Length not yet determined. Bypasses the oval's turns 3 and 4 by branching at the backstretch hairpin.
Branch Progress.png

2002fb

SRD Member
Reaction score
Don't have a lot of seat time on it yet but very fun track to race on. Love no plate high speed drafting tracks, kind of Zenjoltis feel to it.

TChapman500

Quit SRD
SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't mind you doing the logo.

------------------------------

Here is a close-up of the branch area on the front stretch. The "straight" yellow paint line is what you see in the oval configuration. It's a low-resolution approximation of the branch onto the infield courses. The curved yellow line below it is a high-resolution version of the same geometry used in the infield configurations. Notice the purple line which is marking the ends of the branch area segments. This is to make the 3° of banking on the oval section as smooth as it is when using the oval configuration. This has to be smooth in order to facilitate a smooth transition from the oval to the infield.

Note, that the geometry slightly changes between configurations. This is a limitation of Sandbox and NR2003. I match it as closely as possible where it's important, and the rest I simply approximate.
FS Branch.jpg

By the way, grandstands and garage buildings will hopefully be coming soon.

TChapman500

Quit SRD
SRD Member
Reaction score
Here is how much of the branch area is finished (template geometry removed for the screenshot). The wall texture that you see is what you get when you split segments.
Branch Area Progress.jpg

TChapman500

Quit SRD
SRD Member
Reaction score
Looks like I found Sandbox's limit. This track editor has become so unresponsive with this track now that it's not practical to continue development of the infield in any playable manner. So What I'm going to do is remove all of the duplicate branch/merge geometry, finish the geometry that isn't merge/branch related, and seek to convert that geometry into a set of 3DO files. At least the track won't look so empty. But I cannot continue developing the infield course for this track. So, we will only get one configuration until Sandbox 2 gains the ability to make multi-configuration tracks. That editor will be heavily multi-threaded, so we won't run into nearly as many performance issues with it.

TChapman500

Quit SRD
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm disapponted that I couldn't get this infield to work. But at the very least, I added some detail to the area where one of the hairpin turns intersects with the main oval. This is a screenshot looking at the entrance to turn 3.
T3 Hairpin.jpg