Latest resources

2018 Formula 1 Carset BryceO84
2018 Formula Carset for the FORMULA 1 Mod by VSR.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - CrashClaimR.US Camry - CAL daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
61 - Pit Boss Camry - PHO1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
13 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Texture Help

Zoom

Real Men Race Dirt
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm struggling to figure out how to get this background texture to look right. I've looked at a few fire and smoke textures but none of them have been good enough to get the color transitions the way I want them. So now I'm stuck trying to figure a way to make the texture myself but I really don't know what the best method is. I was hoping someone here had an opinion on how to go about this. I'm thinking the smudge tool is a good place to start but after that I have no clue. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

crazyboy335

#50in07
Reaction score
This is in GIMP, but I believe there are brushes like this in Photoshop.

You could always make the base in GIMP and place it in Photoshop, or if there are brushes in Photoshop you could just use those.

Alan Harkleroad

SRD Site Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Looks like a mixture of clouds and liquid smoke blended with different hues from the same origin color. Not going to get it exact but you can definitely play with some stuff to get it close.

phantom17

SRD Member
Reaction score
@Zoom I used a gradient than overlaid one of the sun pics JimC suggested and some tweaking and came up with this. Since they are a drug company that makes meds for skin cancer I would say it's definitely the sun used for the base
amirolaAKBase1.jpg

Attachments

• amirolaAKBase.jpg
    amirolaAKBase.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Zoom

Real Men Race Dirt
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. I've worked on it some and I'll get a picture up tomorrow to show the results.

Andy1

SRD - Veteran- own opinion represent !
SRD Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 15_Truck_Render.jpg
    15_Truck_Render.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 86
  • #15_on track in game.jpg
    #15_on track in game.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 73

Zoom

Real Men Race Dirt
SRD Member
Reaction score
iRacing unfortunately reduces the quality on schemes in game but it looks decent on the flat. Anyway here's where I'm at. I did what you guys suggested. I got the color fades about right and overlaid it on a texture. I'm going to work on it some more later this week to try and get the texture underneath to have more defined edges to it. I actually utilized a weird combo to start off which was a gold leaf texture with an overlay of smoke on it then I added the colors. I'll play around with some of the sun images and see if that turns out better.

WIPTruck.png

Here's part of of it in better quality. It's ok I guess now that I look at more. I think I need the texture to be more swirling than what I got so like I said I'll try the sun and see what that does.

AKOKTexture.png

crazyboy335

#50in07
Reaction score
iRacing unfortunately reduces the quality on schemes in game but it looks decent on the flat

James Petty posts this on the iRacing forums pretty often. There's an option in renderer.ini that allows you to turn off compression in the sim.

Zoom

Real Men Race Dirt
SRD Member
Reaction score
James Petty posts this on the iRacing forums pretty often. There's an option in renderer.ini that allows you to turn off compression in the sim.

Wow thanks I did not know about that. It never even occurred to me to look this up.