1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

TextureSetSize and Graphics Corruption

Discussion in 'NR2003 - PC Support and Troubleshooting' started by martinistripes, Apr 16, 2018 at 8:15 AM.

1. martinistripes

martinistripes Member

I'm running NR2003 on a fairly modern system; spec below:
    Windows 10 (x64)
    i7 4790K
    GTX 970M 6GB
    16GB RAM
    NR2003 is modded and setup for a 2012 season using '12 Bullring mod and only SDT and FSE tracks.

I'm having issues with the texture set size. It seems if I calculate it using the calculator here http://bigdonlinemotorsports.com/NRgtweak.php and input the recommended TextureSetSize (6409273344) in rend_dxg.ini, I get intermittent graphics corruption (flickering and warped cockpit/objects). I thought perhaps the sim cannot handle so much video RAM so started reducing this number.

Anyway, after some experimentation it seems the highest I can set my video RAM using bigdonlinemotorsports calculator and not get graphics corruption is 256MB. This gives me a TextureSetSize of just 235257856.

Whilst the textures are okay like this, they're not as sharp as when I use a higher number. Has anyone else come across the same issue? By the way, I've set up this sim numerous times in the past with mods and the usual graphics tweaks. It's only this most recent time (with Win 10) that I'm having this particular issue.

PS. I get the same issue if I set the size to -1.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 8:43 AM
    Tetronix and InsideLine like this.
  2. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Tetronix and InsideLine like this.
  3. martinistripes

martinistripes Member

4. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

I had the same issues just last night and this morning. It really impacts FPS, as I can run 60+ frames almost anywhere, but when these warped objects and textures are happening, I sometimes drop down to around 2-10 FPS. Here are some screenshots that might be similar to what @martinistripes is having:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Tbolt

Tbolt Well-Known Member

Are you both running the game in DX9? If you are still running DX8 on a newer PC it can cause this problem.
    Download this https://goo.gl/KsP2N8 and copy just the D3D8.dll file to you main NR2003 directory.