5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

The "Retro" to Modern Day Truck Set

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well, its me again, back for another round of paints! This time, it's not a different universe or anything like that, but just some awesome or classic truck schemes on the modern day bodies with updated logos for the ones I think would have them. I'm looking forward to doing this set as the late 90s/early 2000s truck series is some of my favorite ever. So far its been a blast and I'm looking forward to sharing with all of you. Credits for templates, render scenes, numbers, and logos go out to BER, Team0m3ga, SRD, Bill Anderson, Alan H., Nick Baker, Masgrafx, MRD, Stunod, Google, and RacinGrafx. If I missed anyone and you see a logo you've created please let me know and I'll promptly add your name. I hope you all enjoy this and it should be a really fun ride!

First up we have a couple I have released in my showroom already, but are what spawned the idea for this whole set.

#60 - Travis Kvapil - CAT Rental Store - 2001
60CatRental1.png

#46 - Dennis Setzer - Chevy Silverado/Duramax - 2004
46ChevySilverado1.png

#25 - Randy Tolsma - Citgo Supergard - 2000
25CitgoSupergard1.png

#86 - Stacy Compton - RC Cola - 1999
86RCCola1.png

#55 - Ron Barfield Jr. - Icehouse Beer - 1999
55Icehouse1.png

Thanks for looking and more coming shortly!

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
Here's another 5 finished! The latest year I plan to do is 2006, just so I can get some Toyotas in the mix. The earliest though will be some 1995 trucks!

Starting with the man in black himself...

#3 - Jay Sauter - GM Goodwrench - 1999 (this is actually the first time ever doing this scheme at all)
3Goodwrench1.png

#21 - Tobey Butler - Ortho Lawn & Garden - 1995
21Ortho1.png

#43 - Carlos Contreras - Hot Wheels - 2002 (I know I potentially have the wrong driver's side logo, but if anyone has a newer one that's flipped and wants to share I can update!)
43HotWheels1.png

#78 - Mike Chase - Petron Plus - 1996 (I chose this one because I got the diecast of it recently and found out it was only in 7 races. Chase was also the 1994 Winston West Champion, beating out Ron Hornaday Jr.)
78PetronPlus1.png

#30 - Todd Bodine - Lumber Liquidators - 2006
30LumberLiquidators1.png

Also the reason the Gander Outdoors logo is only on a couple is because I chose after doing a few to put it on there for this set. The renders for the others just aren't updated but they will be included!

ThatOneShredder

"I can shotgun a White Claw."
SRD Member
Reaction score
Also the reason the Gander Outdoors logo is only on a couple is because I chose after doing a few to put it on there for this set. The renders for the others just aren't updated but they will be included!
You gonna change the windshield banner too? Lol

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
You gonna change the windshield banner too? Lol
That's the plan haha, there isn't a spot on the temp though and I'm not sure where it is in the scene. But you can edit the .dat file using WinMip to change the banner in game, that's the only way I'm aware of it haha. So it wouldn't show on the paint/scene but it will in game if you edit that file.

Actually I may have found the part I need for the scene so we'll find out soon haha

Edit. Yeah I figured out how to change it in the scene and it was so simple I feel dumb for never even looking haha

Last edited:

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
For the Hot Wheels logo you probably have to make it. What I would do is take the text from this...
http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/logo/hot-wheels-10
...and add it to this
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...e/Hot_Wheels_logo.png/revision/20151219183218
Obviously flipping the image in the 2nd link horizontally, then take the text and place it in there and color it to match. To me this is the fun part in painting
I actually used the wrong logo originally on accident, the one color one is the newer one they've been using lately. So I'll be able to use that BOTW link and hopefully work them together to make it look proper. I'll work more on it this weekend, thanks!

Have 3 more for now though!

#17 - Rich Bickle - Sears/Diehard - 1997
17SearsDiehard1.png

#8 - Bill Lester - Dodge - 2002 (In another example of "modernizing" these trucks, I noticed that the "Visit Your Local Dodge Dealer" promotion isn't used as much as it used to be...at least from what I've seen. So I decided to use the "Ram Power Days" promotion I see commercials for every once in a while. Plus its on a Ram, so why not)
8Dodge1.png

#23 - Johnny Benson - Toyota Certified Used Vehicles - 2006
23ToyotaCertified1.png

Thanks for looking so far everyone! Look to finish more this weekend.

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! And I put Starr mostly because I remember him driving it when I was watching haha, and he has the most starts/wins in it.

#31 - Tina Gordon - Microtel/Post-It - 2003
31MicrotelPostIt1.png

#19 - Tony Raines - Pennzoil - 1997
19Pennzoil1.png

#38 - Brandon Whitt - Werner Ladders - 2004
38WernerLadders1.png

#18 - Joe Ruttman - Dana Corp - 2001
18DanaInc1.png