1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

TMS Automatic Rendering System WIP

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by DaveO, Jun 27, 2017.

1. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone!

Were proud to announce TMS Automatic Rendering System. TMS Admin Speedyman11, has been coding an automatic rendering system for the Sim Racing community. Yes, this includes NR2003 as well. :)
    It's a very simple process, here's some quick shots.

Step 1

Select the Game, Mod, Scene, and upload paint in tga format

[​IMG]

Step 2

Will receive message after uploading paint, that it will take a few minutes to render.

[​IMG]

Then check the home page to get your render, then click on the render to get the full size.

This is a pic of what the gallery will look like.
    [​IMG]

Right now we are still working on the back end of the system, and also sorting and getting several scenes in working order for the community. Plus still doing heavy testing of the system, making sure everything runs smoothly prior to releasing it to the public.

The Mod Squad Modding Team

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    GDP Racing, Griff88, frow78 and 11 others like this.
  2. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Looks really cool! Helpful for people like me who have no idea what the hell they're doing in programs like that.

dalejr88rox and DaveO like this.
  3. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

So it's similar to the one site that used to do automated rendering for NR2003 and NASCAR 09 schemes?

4. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

Yes the concept is the same, but all coding for ours was done by Speedyman11. Two totally different systems.

RacerXero84 and InsideLine like this.
  5. RacerRon13

RacerRon13 Active Member

I used to use Ten0r's rendering service. Glad to see someone doing this. Thanks.

DaveO and RacerXero84 like this.
  6. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

Looks awesome! Perfect for somebody like me who can't figure out how to render worth a damn

DaveO and ahspencer01 like this.
  7. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

That is so awesome!

DaveO likes this.
  8. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

Sorry for no updates lately, there was a death in the family, so things had been on hold for a bit.

Now back to business. :) Just to give everyone a quick update, over the last few days we have transferred our automatic rendering system from one of our old servers to a brand new fast server to handle renders, that we built from the ground up. :)
    We are now testing the system out with scenes, and also still collecting and editing scenes for the system.

Here's one paint rendered by our system.

Credits: Paint by Highbank
    Scene/Mod MECNS Beta mod, by Splash n go

[​IMG]

GDP Racing, MattyO, pomcat and 6 others like this.
  9. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

Good lord that's pretty! Glad you're doing this, since Ten0r's has gone down it's been hard to find a place to check alignments and stuff that isn't carviewer

DaveO likes this.
  10. dalejr88rox

This looks awesome so far. Really looking forward to it!

DaveO likes this.
  11. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Yeah, 3dsm isn't for checking your paint for alignment issues. That's what the nifty little car viewer is for. Don't be that guy to abuse peoples generosity.

12. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I can't imagine people using a render engine to see their paint scheme adjusted correctly. On the scale of workflow efficiency of 1 to 10 its about as close to a 1 as you can get.

For years I've been simply using my 3d program and with a click of one button it auto refreshes the updated WIP base. Same thing can be done in a free 3d program like blender too.

13. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Tenor used to tell me stories about people would get 50 renders in a day of the same paintjob checking alignment issues. How fast do you think a graphics card would burn up having multiple people doing that a day? lol.

GDP Racing, DaveO, Mystical and 2 others like this.
  14. dalejr88rox

The newer versions of Gimp have a super nice feature where if you've exported an image (for example, to the carviewer texture) you can just hit Ctrl+E to export again and then just refresh Carviewer and it does it super quickly. It's made painting so easy

15. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

Here's another test render from our system.
    Credits: SRD NXS17 Mod

[​IMG]

Steve7151, Smoke OR, MattyO and 2 others like this.
  16. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

Mod: Classic Late Model Model: Somerset. Test Render
    Mod, Model, Paint, and all logo's Created by me.
    Paint for Raybee1970 :)

[​IMG]

We should be having a soft release later this week.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Steve7151, Andy1 and CJL5 like this.
  17. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

We made public our TMS Rendering System, a little over a month ago we have had great feedback about our system So far we have had over 3,271 paints rendered! Which is a great success for our community. After many hours of making sure our system can handle this without any problems, we have decided we will start adding more scenes in the future, and also start adding some custom one's as well. If their are certain mod's you would like to see having scenes added to our system, or something special you would like to see in the future, please drop us a line in the support section of the forum TMS Rendering System @ http://themodsquad.info

Cheers, and thanks for making this such a success for our entire community!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  18. RacerRon13

RacerRon13 Active Member

Would love to see LMPv2 scenes added since I paint a ton of them and hate having to bug people to render them... which could take days depending on their schedules.

DaveO likes this.
  19. dalejr88rox

If somebody ever made a rally scene and TMS added it, I would be the happiest girl in the world

20. DaveO

DaveO Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't see these last two posts sooner. Was down in NC for the Nascar races this weekend. :) Adding on to what those guys said. If folks have created decent scenes for any mod, and they would like to see them added to the TMS rendering system please feel free to private message me here, or over at TMS. Even if a mod has a scene up for rendering, we will add more for certain mod's for different types of designs of scenes. Also on the example page, we give credits to the folks who do create there scenes for the community, to be able to render. Your scenes are safe with us, we don't share them with other folks. So no worries there. :)

Cheers!