1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Track and Sandbox help

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by Naja Tech 93, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Naja Tech 93

Naja Tech 93 Happy Member

hmm ok, thanks for your replies

2. TChapman500

TChapman500 Well-Known Member

Open the 3DO file with notepad++ and search for all instances of ".mip". This will tell you every texture (.mip file) that the 3DO wants. Find all of the referenced mip files and copy them into the same directory as the 3do file. Also, you can use the PrtSc key to take a screenshot, and then open Paint and paste the screenshot into the image, then save it.

Naja Tech 93 and Matt Baker like this.
  3. Matt Baker

Matt Baker Well-Known Member

I never knew that! I'll be using that piece of advice with my upcoming tracks! :D

4. Naja Tech 93

thanks, this tutorial is very useful :)

5. Naja Tech 93

what is the function of Bumpmap Editing View? And how to use it

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  6. TChapman500

It allows you to add some generic bumps to the race track without splitting the geometry into many small segments. A BM Section defines the map used on a particular spot on the track. A Bump Scale (BS) Section defines how much a particular bump map is amplified on a particular section of track. You need at least on BM Section and I think 1 BS Section to make the bumps work. If you put a BS Section with a value of 0, then then there will be no bumps. Putting a section BS Section with a value greater than 0 will put bumps on the same side as the 0 section.

You should play around with the BM and BS Sections in game (use the default bump map) to see how they affect the car. Trying to describe them in a post would take a long time.

Naja Tech 93 likes this.
  7. Matt Baker

Matt Baker Well-Known Member

Naja Tech 93 likes this.
  8. Naja Tech 93

Does the track have reflections like a car? I want to make a wet track

9. TChapman500

You might want to check out the default Richmond track as it appears to have reflections of the night lights against the track surface. I don't know if it'll help out or not, but it's worth a shot. I have not seen any water reflections off of a wet track surface even for tracks that are allegedly "wet".

Naja Tech 93 and joeykraus19 like this.
  10. Naja Tech 93

ok, Tchapman500

by the way, anyone knows, how to make night tracks like Sebring Night Usp or Sandy Flats Night? the track was only bright around the lights, but on my track everything was bright and there was no darkness at all. and after I checked, there was no lightmaps on the Sebring Night track

TChapman500 likes this.
  11. Rufio2031

Rufio2031 Well-Known Member

I'd imagine the darkness has to do with the actual light emitting objects themselves. Although, I cannot help you there.

As far as the wet track goes, you can add "asphbump.mip" to your trackmat folder. It's supposed to be a specular highlight type thing but to me it does make the track appear wet. Take the one out of default Richmond as mentioned by TChapman

TChapman500 and Naja Tech 93 like this.
  12. TChapman500

Sandbox has an ambient setting for track lighting of night tracks. This should be the light level when there are no lights. But as Rufio mentioned, objects around the tracks can emit light.

Naja Tech 93 likes this.
  13. Naja Tech 93

yes, I know, I have set Ambient color the same as Sebring Night but it is still bright, in the track folder Sebring Night has a Blimppath.pth and Trkembm.inf file that I have never found before. I tried copying the file to my track folder but there was still no change

about objects that can emit light, it only changes the darkness of the car

14. Naja Tech 93

is there an application to convert replay (rpy) to (lp)?

15. riviera71

riviera71 Well-Known Member

Naja Tech 93 likes this.
  16. Naja Tech 93

ok, thanks, I've found it

17. Naja Tech 93

how to fix 'track degrees error'?

when I want to save ptf, it suddenly appears like a notification that says track degrees in the segment 10* and segment 1** is not correct / error (because I didn't read it clearly and closed the notification, I'm confused where the segment I'll fix)

after that, I tried choosing 'rebuild' and finally it could be saved. but after I test in the game. the game stopped working. I try to fixed in some segments. but it didn't work.

is there an app or something that can find/analyze that segment 'degrees' error?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 2:37 PM
  18. TChapman500

Can we have a few screenshots of the offending area of track? I have never heard of this error before.

Naja Tech 93 likes this.
  19. Naja Tech 93

ok, i will send it soon, the PC is being used by my brother.

20. Naja Tech 93