1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Track operator strikes deal with Speedway Motorsports to return NASCAR to Nashville

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by thedude1987, Dec 19, 2018.

1. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

BREAKING NEWS:
    Track operator strikes deal with Speedway Motorsports to return NASCAR to Nashville

Speedway Motorsports has struck a deal with fairgrounds racetrack operator Tony Formosa that paves the way for NASCAR's return to Nashville and for weekly racing to remain at the venerable short track.
    https://t.co/KufNaHseWi

2. Tetronix

Tetronix BAJA BLASTTTTT

That's awesome. I've loved watching NASCAR do races in Nashville, and I'm glad to see racing action possibly going back.

3. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

As a person who lives 45 minutes away, I'm dancing like the dancing banana GIF.

4. InsideLine

InsideLine Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!

North Wilksboro next please!

5. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

[​IMG]

Brandon Miller likes this.
  6. German500

German500 Member

There are tons of other short tracks (or mile ovals) for future NASCAR Cup races.

Iowa at first, Rockingham second, Memphis, Gateway, maybe Pikes Peak, Myrtle Beach, Thompson, Evergreen, South Boston, Hickory, Toledo, Greenville-Pickens, Mesa Marin.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    InsideLine likes this.
  7. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

All of those from Myrtle Beach on don't have the infrastructure or the facilities to host the Cup series, trucks maybe, but I would love to see Iowa on the schedule and a return to the Rock as well as trying out gateway since they are putting a lot of money into their facility. Also, don't forget IRP (or what ever it is called now).

MonkeyWrenCh likes this.
  8. Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace Keselowski2Wallace

THIS IS WHERE NASCAR FANS FAIL TO SEE THE BIG F'N PICTURE. .....ALL THESE TRACKS NEED TO BE ADDED TO THE TRUCK SCHEDULE FIRST, THEN XFINITY FOR ATLEAST 3 YEARS BEFORE EVEN THINKING CUP LOGIC. TRACKS NEED TO ENTER JUST LIKE MANUFACTURES AND DRIVERS DO..

IOWA, Mid-Ohio, Rockingham, & Road America are the only ones in line to get a CUP date (rockingham is based on loosely having held Cup races)
    Memphis, Myrtle Beach, Nashville, Mansfield, Thompson, Pikes Peak, NJMP, NOLA, IRP, Birmingham, Evergreen, South Boston, Hickory, Toldeo, Pickens, Kern needs to be added to the Truck Schedule First. and Kansas, Chicagoland, 1 Texas race, & Charlotte needs to be removed from the Truck Series.
    The only tracks i can see that need to be added to Xfinity, would be Pikes Peak, Nashville, Memphis, IRP, & NJMP.

9. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

NJMP? I like the way this guy thinks.

Keselowski2Wallace likes this.
  10. German500

German500 Member

With "future" I did not necessarily mean the year 2021 right now. The calendar would have to be completely revised anyway. I would say that apart from Daytona, Talladega, Bristol, Richmond and Martinsville, no racetrack should have more than 1 race per season in the Cup.

The Spring Texas race I would give to COTA. The August race in Michigan I would instead drive in Road America. The Chase Kansas race should be scheduled to take place in Iowa.
    Charlotte can keep both races if the second race remains on the Roval. Otherwise I would relocate the autumn race to Rockingham. One of the two Pocono races, preferably the second, should be relocated to Mid-Ohio or Canada. One of the two Dover races, I would move to the Thompson Speedway in Connecticut sometime in the future. The race in Las Vegas should be season finale, but the Homestead race as penultimate race. The race in Phoenix I would lay in the summer and let go as a night race. Best back-to-back with Sonoma. For that I would take Pikes Peak into the Chase.

11. German500

German500 Member

1. Daytona 500
    2. Atlanta
    3. Myrtle Beach, Nashville or Memphis
    4. Fontana
    5. COTA
    6. Martinsville
    7. Bristol
    8. Richmond
    9. Talladega
    10. Thompson, Evergreen, Toledo or IRP
    11. Kansas
    12. Charlotte
    13. Pocono
    14. Michigan
    15. Sonoma
    16. Phoenix
    17. Daytona 400
    18. Kentucky
    19. Chicago
    20. Loudon
    21. Mid-Ohio, Mosport or Montreal
    22. Watkins Glen
    23. Road America
    24. Bristol
    25. Darlington
    26. Indianapolis
    27. Richmond
    28. Dover
    29. Charlotte Roval or Rockingham
    30. Talladega II
    31. Iowa
    32. Martinsville
    33. Fort Worth
    34. Pikes Peak
    35. Homestead
    36. Las Vegas
    4 Superspeedway races (2xDaytona, 2xTalladega)
    4 Long Oval races (Fontana, Michigan, Pocono, Indianapolis)
    9 Intermediate races (Atlanta, Kansas, Charlotte, Kentucky, Chicago, Darlington, Texas, Homestead, Las Vegas)
    4 or 5 Mile-Oval races (Phoenix, Loudon, Dover, (Rockingham), Pikes Peak)
    9 Short track races (2xRichmond, 2xBristol, 2xMartinsville, MyrtleBeach/Nashville/Memphis, Thompson/IRP/Evergreen/Toledo, Iowa)
    5 or 6 Road Course races (COTA, Sonoma, MidOhio/Mosport/Montreal, Road America, Watkins Glen, (Charlotte Roval))

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019