1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Ways to Recreate Ryan Preece's #47 base?

Discussion in 'Logos - Decals - Graphics' started by Hendrick9Fan, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Hendrick9Fan

Hendrick9Fan Guy who paints a lot of cars. Paint Crew Admin

Title, looking for ideas as to how I can recreate this. Nothing I've tried so far has looked right.
    Any help is greatly apprecieated!

[​IMG]

2. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 #50in07 Banned

Here's how I assembled mine. It's far from perfect, but it'll look good enough with the sheer amount of decals on the car.

upload_2019-12-12_21-16-14.png
    The tear effect on the red/white/blue was done with GIMP's Acrylic brushes, using the Dynamic Random setting and sharpened slightly.
    upload_2019-12-12_21-11-58.png

If all else fails, rupe on NNRacing made these cars - you could try shooting him an email.

3. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Something like this?
    [​IMG]

I used a paint brush set called bristles in Affinity Photo, for the tapering effect I used a paint splatter texture that I masked to the stripes to make the tapering effect. Its not very good for the few seconds I spent on it but might be what you are looking for with refinement using a bristle brush. I could have added an emboss to it to give that paint look a bit more wet but did not do that.

Maybe one like this:
    https://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/59866-paint-swatches-ps-brushes

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019