10 - Nutrien Ag Solutions Camaro - CLT2 canadienhits
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
10 - Dynagro Seed Camaro - TAL2 canadienhits
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Well it looks like I am going back to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
You know I figured I would have to go back. I was getting close to going back for welding or heavy equipment/trucking. I had a long list of pros and cons for both. The biggest con I had was the Unions on both of them. Sorry but unions do more harm then good.

This weekend I had the chance to talk to my uncle. He has been driving truck for over 30 years. I knew aobut the welding side since my father was a welder. I told him what I want to go to school for. Before I could even say why he said no. His main reason the unions and layoffs. He told me to go look in to machine tooling. So I talked to a few family member after he told me that. They all think its a good I idea. The pay is pretty good. The hours are ok. PLus layoffs hardly ever happen.

So here I am at 27 next month. I said I would not even go to school the first time. 12 years was enough. Well four years later I am going back for 2 more years. Yea 4 years college. If you would have told me at 16 you will be going to school for at lest 4 more years after high school I would have laughed.

This time I think I am more willing then last. I had to take 8 months of courses just to get in. So when I really got started I was beat and worn out. I really didn't care any more. I loved what I went for the first time. But just no pay. Well there is pay but for 8 months a year your trying to get some work. So tomorrow I have to go up to the tech and find out what I have to do. I am way more excited and ready this time around.

K.Chuck

--Hijinxtattoo--
SRD Member
Reaction score
I went back in my late 20's too man, its an adjustment but it will give you an edge. You understand responsibility and will appreciate the knowledge more than most of the other students. I love it man, I am at school more than I am work these days. Good luck!

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yea yesterday I found out if accepted. I will have to take them classes again. Not really excited about that. I am more worried about how i have to score to even get in. I need to go talk to some more people tomorrow. So I can learn more what I need to do.

SBJR7

SRD Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, good call, I am going even more after my 12th year. Education never ends, but money does. But good to hear.

Enter Sandman

...And Justice For All
SRD Member
Reaction score
Congrats man. I know I'm considering taking some courses myself towards a potential career in automotive journalism. Even though I'm getting quality control training and some good raises where I am now, I still can't see myself in a factory twenty years down the road.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks sandman. It was this or would you like fries with that? For the rest of my life. I could not picture my self working in a office or wearing a tie. I would make the national news if I did. It would not be pretty and would end in. Then he turned the gun on himself. Some people are not meant for factory or office work.

Machine tooling I could make more steady money. When I did auto body I could be making almost 20 a hour now. But this time of year I would be lucky to get 10 hours a week. I loved it to death. But it never paid the bills. Plus I hated having all my good tools at work. At lest working in a shop. If I buy some snap on tools. I know they wont go walking off.

Status
Not open for further replies.