0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

What About RFACTOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate

Reaction score
Hay guy just wondering if any of you knows any thing about Rfactor? I was wondering how good the ali where in offline and wondering how good of racing it is. I like the way you start from the infield and drive out on the track and how the game is on a time scale from what ive read as time go's it will get darker and the lights at the track will come on before it is completly dark. All the features sound good just wondering if any on knows how good the game is mine would be for offline play only. here is a video i found. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cowSlhQ0wE&feature=player_detailpage]rFactor NASCAR 2013 online race at Daytona - YouTube[/ame]

celticfang

Waffle addict
Reaction score
I'd honestly wait for RF2 and stock car mods for them though. The driving out from the infield is a track specific setting, I have a Detroit 1997 track that hs you start in the paddock and drive around to the pits, and I have some of the default tracks for RF1 (and the Race series, same engine) that start you in the pit lane itself.

63Modified

Reaction score
I've been considering RFactor also. I was wondering, from someone who has experience with it, how are the physics for stock cars/circle track cars? Are they similar to what we have in NR2003? (Does the car naturally want to pull left, etc) and is it possible to adjust the physics to fit the car?

Thanks.

evan07

Reaction score
I havent ever played RFactor but when I asked around about it I was told the AI was terrible. They are working to make it better, but a lot of tracks the AI just are made for the tracks. Now I might be completely wrong and someone correct me if I am. This is just what I was told.

Sgt Slaughter

Reaction score
I think the AI was made as a placeholder for the 2013 Cup mod, since it was gonna be primarily used for online play, so they didn't worry about the offline AI as much.

Highbank

Trans Am Car Set Creator
Reaction score
rFactor is very road racing friendly, whereas the oval racing is a bit less a focus, still the ai has come a long way, as far as dirt tracking, the realism is much better than that of NR2003 (the cars slide on the dirt). Since you can pick up rFactor so cheap I don't know why anyone wouldn't give it a try. It's not NR2003, it's a whole different feel, but as far as rc, it's fantastic. the ai is fine in some areas and not so much in others.

Last edited:

Elio Lugaru

NASCAR Furry
Reaction score
Went with the free trail. Good looken cars even in game just don't have clear shark fins
It's the same with Stockcar Sim Series's 2013 Mod.

VHR's 2013 Mod is the only one with the Clear Sharkfin on the Cup Cars.

David24

Reaction score
I know this is somewhat of an old thread. But I want to voice my opinion on the rFactor series since I have many hours under my belt with the first and second one.

The first game is great. Good graphics and physics. Tons of possibilities with the mods and tracks available. I never actually run races with it since the AI is terrible. But I think on some oval tracks it can be ok. With that said I have played many hours with it just running hot laps and time trials. It's just that good it almost doesn't need AI.

As for rF2. Take everything I just said about rF1 and times it by 5 (except for the AI, times it by 10000 lol) It's basically everything rF1 is but way better. Graphics, controls, AI, physics and even the way to install mods is ten times easier (the launcher does it for you) Now with the AI I can actually run races and it feels like NR2003 AI. Competitive and fun.

Both rFactor 1 and 2 have free demos so you can try out both.
rFactor 1 Try/Buy | rFactor
rFactor2 Purchase | rFactor

If you have the extra money and free time I'd go ahead and buy both just to see the difference between the first and second games, plus the first game has what seems an endless amount of mods and tracks, while the second is still in Beta stages I think it doesn't have very many mods and tracks but still can keep you glued to it for a while. Plus you can actually race with AI.

Anyhow if you are thinking either of these games will replace NR2003 get ready for a big disappointment because it's simply not. Like stated earlier in the thread it's very road course friendly. Oval not so much.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
Reaction score
^So if I want a good road racing game to compliment NR2003 and ovals, rF2 is the way to go? Now to decide between the lifetime access or the one year...

bigdaddy24

Banned
Reaction score
^So if I want a good road racing game to compliment NR2003 and ovals, rF2 is the way to go? Now to decide between the lifetime access or the one year...
Rfactor 2 is working on a nascar mod right now. I am waiting to see if Project Cars puts out a nascar mod.

David24

Reaction score
Yeah basically. I think those Lifetime/one year access is just for multiplayer/online racing though. Still an awesome game for road courses....

Rfactor 2 is working on a nascar mod right now. I am waiting to see if Project Cars puts out a nascar mod.
....and yes they are working on a stock car mod.
Stock Cars Now In Early Development | rFactor That was from a few months ago so they are further along than that I'm sure.

Also they released a DW12/Indy 500 mod pack type thing.
Indy car and Indy Now Available! | rFactor
As you can see they have the new DW12 and Indianapolis Motor Speedway with all the configurations including the Oval and 2014 Grand Prix course. I have been turning quite a few laps on both configurations and it is really fun to have a real proper DW12 mod after 2 years.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
Reaction score
I've downloaded the rF2 demo and have tried a couple of races with the Civics at Silverstone. Pretty fun, although I still have to get the controller settings just right to make it feel a little more natural. Still too jerky. I'm guessing I'd enjoy some of the other mods a lot more, too. Especially the open wheelers.

David24

Reaction score
Do a little research for steering sensitivity. I had the same problem. I couldn't even drive in a straight line without over correcting and spinning out or turning head on into a wall. You have to change a line in one of the files. I forget which one it is though. After that it will feel a whole lot better.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
Reaction score
One last thing that's bugging me a little. I know there's damage that effects the handling of the car or takes you out completely, but do you ever see the damage? I'm still using the demo with the Civics. This is one last little hurdle that I'm hoping it will overcome before I buy it.

Also, about the steering sensitivity, I failed to mention that I'm using my XBox 360 controller since I don't have a wheel at the moment.

Last edited:

bigdaddy24

Banned
Reaction score
One last thing that's bugging me a little. I know there's damage that effects the handling of the car or takes you out completely, but do you ever see the damage? I'm still using the demo with the Civics. This is one last little hurdle that I'm hoping it will overcome before I buy it.

Also, about the steering sensitivity, I failed to mention that I'm using my XBox 360 controller since I don't have a wheel at the moment.
The way I understand it is the damage is by mod. I think some mods have better damage then others.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
Reaction score
Thanks! I was also thinking that it could be that I'm using the demo currently and maybe you only see it in the full version.

David24

Reaction score
I haven't experienced much of the damage in rF2. But in rF1 wings, body panels and wheels can fall off and only dents appear. If there was a mod with more than that then I have never seen nor heard of it. But I think it's the same in rF2.

And yeah I have a 360 controller too, just tried it out (haven't got the time to play in a while) and it was extremely touchy. But I think I was using a Logitech GamePad when I was racing a lot. So it may have changed the settings without me even knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.