1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

What do you want in Nascar '16?

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by RpMReloaded, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RpMReloaded

RpMReloaded Member

This is just a thread to see what everyone would like to see in the new Dussenberry Martin Racing NASCAR game for 2016. They are starting from scratch with the game, so almost anything is possible. I am just curious to see what everyone would want in a 2016 NASCAR game. Post what you would like to see in the new NASCAR game/simulation for 2016!

Dussenberry Martin Racing Website: http://www.dmracing.org/index.php

MCCapIV likes this.
  2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

I think the answers you are going to get is essentially nr2003 but updated to 2015 specs. Anything less is generally not going to impress guys from this community.

If DMR/DMi hopes to succeed, they need to make the next game for PC (port it over to consoles) and have all the bells and whistles: custom livery (not that god awful paint room, I'm talking what N09/nr2003 does or did), better physics/realistic damage modeling, more intuitive A.I., and a much improved career mode, possibly with team owner options.

I personally would even go as far as to say that if they can nail THAT on the first try, I'd buy the game, full price, and even potential DLC for Xfinity and Trucks. And let's face it, you bring anything less to the table, it won't work, not with the expectations of the nr2003 community or the iRacing community. Don't build the game solely to make a profit... make it to LAST, and let the chips fall where they may.

3. RpMReloaded

RpMReloaded Member

I agree completely, and hopefully it may happen with DMR having more than a year to create the game.

4. jgegner

jgegner Find New Roads

I also agree with RacerXero84's comments. Most everyone here would want a NASCAR game that would give NR2003 a real run for its money. Anything less than that will not be considered acceptable to the majority of the sim racing community.

James

The_Dolfan likes this.
  5. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

Some of the physics are good, and could use some major tweaking. What I would like to see fixed/re-done: Multiplayer servers. The pit road entry during the cautions and the restarts are ridiculous. You and the other guys basically bunch up, while say first and second get going without a problem. That's my expectations for next year's game.

EDIT: MODS! We need to have a way to make MODS! :p

6. watsonz

watsonz #4TheCup

General
    • I'd like the restrictor plate racing to be focused on drafting, and it needs to be a little more spread out and dynamic. The field is constantly bumper-to-bumper 24/7. There needs to be side drafting. Sure you can have the field be 3 wide at times, but then have it calm down to maybe 2 wide, or single file at certain points.
    • The AI should try to go for the win on the last lap, whether it may be diving down in a corner or trying to fake a pass up top and quickly slide down along side them to pass. Only for the lead, of course.
    • The wrecking physics need to be improved. Hitting a wall and losing 150+ mph in 2 seconds... that can be improved, I don't know how, but it surely can.
    • Import schemes. They should make it, when you click on the driver selection screen & click on a driver, there should be an 'import' option. It won't erase the default car, but rather add a new scheme to the driver's cars. Pretty much like NR2003.
    • Have the AI be spread out at tracks that AREN'T plate tracks. I shouldn't see 5 rows of cars that are 3 wide at Martinsville.
    • Manual cautions and pit road speeds. This could be toggled on/off.
    Career & Season
    • A Split-screen season mode.
    • Get the rules and points correct. In NASCAR '14, they even messed up the Chase grid, so that mean't no one was eliminated from the Chase. Also, the points screwed up at times.
    • Ability to create a team and sign additional teammates down the road. Ability to assign car numbers as well as sponsors to each car.
    • Option to hire better crew members, and parts for your cars. The more cars you have on a team, the more money that is required.
    • Merchandise (More merchandise sold, more money flows into your team's account) (See reputation)
    • Ability to create driver. (Weight, Height, Face, Skin Tone, Name, Nationality, Gender)
    • Reputation (Have a meter that shows what % of fans hate you or like you, affects merchandise sales, and drivers reactions toward you on and off the track)
    • Have a record book that shows where you are when it comes to track records and NASCAR records. (Top 10s, Consecutive Top 2s, Wins in a Rookie Season, etc)
    • Have a screen that shows your stats and shows you your Championships you've won with the years you've won them.
    • After your career is done, and if it is Hall of Fame worthy, you can be eligible for the Hall of Fame.
    • After you are done racing, you can still manage your existing team. (Assign new drivers, contracts, sponsors, crew members, parts)
    This is A LOT, I know. But it is just what I imagine a near-perfect NASCAR career mode should be like. I'm probably missing some important stuff, but the important stuff is the obvious stuff.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    USSTalladega likes this.
  7. InsideLine

InsideLine Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!

Does anyone know if the spotter sound issue was fixed in Nascar 15? It would stop working at points of a race and the rest of the race would have no spotter.

8. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

To further what has already been said. This game needs to be made for the pc then ported to the console not the other way around as is usually the case unfortunately. Full control when creating our driver, car, crew and team. All three top series with full fields of real cars from this year as well as all the tracks. Customizable rules for the race weekend and career. Everything from the current 2015 rules to rules from 10 years ago to rules from 30 years ago to rules that aren't even in Nascar and even some more crazier rules. I'm talking standing starts, reversing the field after qualifying for the start of the race, three wide starts, having the green flag wave while the field is lined up on pitroad, heat races, and so on. Hell have it be possible for all three series to be on the track at once(think Road America or Daytona infield). Even allow for a larger field than what the track has pitstalls for like ASR08/RFactor(100 vehicles max). Highly moddable, with a free builtin(or dlc/extra download) model creator for not only creating our own cars(compatible with whatever series we want) but for making tracks as well as the assets for those tracks like buildings and stuff. Or at least a sandbox tool that likes to actually do things.:p

RpMReloaded and InsideLine like this.
  9. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

For it not to be utter crap.

Give me a career mode with immersion. I want to be a team owner and have expenses, etc. A newer EA '04-'07 type career mode. Improve upon that.
    I don't even care if it's Cup only, make it stable and fix all of the features first. Then, go in and add other series, etc.

And, finally, create AI that is worth a damn. I shouldn't be able to dominate from the get go on the hardest difficulty. And, don't make them be stupid. trying to go 3-4 wide at Martinsville? Seriously? And let the field get spread out, and actually race. I hate the minipacks all around the field.

They need a good, solid base to work with for '17 and beyond. Don't let the PC version be a shitty console port. They need something they can build upon. If it's glitchy and buggy from the start, they're gonna have a hard time selling any games in the future.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  10. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Well everyone that posted above me pretty much nailed it...but the truth is that's what we all want and not what we are going to get. These guys are doing this to make money and not please the hardcore sim racers. Niche community...blah blah blah.

Over the past couple years I remember how much I hated the EA games after '07...now I look back and think damn...if only they could put out something like that today. Not hardcore realism but had all the team aspects and such in the career mode, multiple series and paint schemes, variety of fictional tracks and drivers.

Obviously I want an NR2003 clone brought to today's specs and graphics for PC. But something like a hybrid between NT2004 and Chase for the Cup 2005 with updated graphics and rules and such I would be very pleased. But I really doubt either of those would happen.

11. kirbyfighter12

kirbyfighter12 Well-Known Member Banned

Combine everything said above. With Realistic Damage.
    I would love to see my virtual car torn up in virtually infinite ways depending upon the impacts occurring. That would make me insta buy the game. Realistic Crash models. :D

Then add Modding support to make it live forever.

It'd also be neat to see red flags, or realistic weather engines involved. IE A race gets rained out.
    Be awesome to see cars towed away during the caution laps rather than poof gone back to the pits. It'd also be a nice thing if we could drive out of the garage section for practice and qualifying. Then Drive back to the garage when the race is over!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  12. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

A more fine tuned soft body physic engine like the one in BeamNG would be amazing. And modding will never see the light of day. They'll want you to keep buying the newest release year after year

AwesomeFork24 likes this.
  13. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

So: good news. I inboxed both DMi Games' and DMRacing Games' FB pages with this thread, and I got a response back from an associate named Mike, and this is what he said:

"Hi D.J., Wow, talk about insightful information! I went through your thread on the forum and thought a majority of the suggestions were great. This information is essential as we work towards creating the most enjoyable NASCAR game possible for both hardcore sim races, and new racing fans. Thank you for your input. All the best, Mike".

This is good news for us. Hopefully Mike on the other end documented some of these things and hopefully he will bring up some of these things with the devs.

CJL5, RpMReloaded, The_Dolfan and 2 others like this.
  14. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Would be cool if they see the tracks, mods, and paint schemes people make in the community. I think that would best display to them the type of freedom in a Nascar game we enjoy. It would also show why NR2003 is here and also why this forum has hundreds and thousands of people around for a game that came out in 2003.

Many Nascar game companies in the past have ignored NR2003 and its community when they suggested features that make a great nascar game and each year their game falls by the wayside as bargain bin. If DMi really takes input and adds lots of great features and good AI it would be an awesome Nascar game then. History has repeated itself far too long. The nascar game racing community is tired of arcade games. I always say you can make a competitive game that casuals can enjoy but you cannot make an arcade game that can be competitive. Take any popular game and most of them were designed to be hardcore yet the casual crowd still flocks to them. Make the new Nascar game have lots of options and if the casual crowd does not want those options they can turn them off. Simple stuff like driving down pit road or driving under pace laps should be an option to have on or off, really no excuse for game in 2016 not to have it.

Obviously as a modder and downright psychopathic painter in the NR2003 community I would love to see the ability for make custom tracks and make full fictional carsets but if they can get a good core Nascar game for first year with features that have been missing for years that would be a great start.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  15. The_Dolfan

The_Dolfan #Chasing8

Honestly if even half of this stuff comes to be true it'd be a pretty damn good game. Also something that'd be pretty cool is to have like a face scanner like EA Sports does with 'Gameface' or something like that so we could put our actual faces in the game.

16. martinistripes

martinistripes Member

They should create a solid base game engine first that includes all the necessary physics, race rules, UI etc. Once that's done, the devs can forget about it (so to speak) and focus on creating content. Instead of buying a new game every year, you buy the latest season as a DLC package that includes the cars and track alterations. I think many of us would happily pay $20 yearly for such a DLC, but only if they nail it with the game engine first. The system would work a bit like DCS World which has been hugely successful and now more or less dominates the flight sim community -another relatively niche market.

17. MCCapIV

MCCapIV New Member

Trucks and Xfinity! Please!

18. clearstatic

clearstatic Well-Known Member

There are two things that can really set a part a racing title. Quality of ForceFeedback and AI. Codemasters with their F1 series got a very good simracer to work on their ForceFeedback model with a lot of success. AI on the other hand is something that is really tough to really get pegged. If they make those two things better and continue to improve on them then they'll be rather successful.
    Personally, with the NR2003 community and iRacing community the hardcore sim market's expectations are probably not going to be met on the first go around.

19. mvdbutler

mvdbutler Well-Known Member

What do you wanna in nascar 16 the game

20. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.