1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

What the?!

Discussion in 'Auto Racing Discussion' started by lays, Oct 11, 2017.

1. lays

lays Well-Known Member

2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Makin' $$$ off noobs

EU is a dumpster fire, has been for some time now. While I highly doubt that this issue will shut down European racing, it's exactly the kind of nanny-ing I feared would come given the climate.

Lets just put warning labels on everything, wrap people in bubble wrap, and not allow anyone any individuality for fear that something bad might happen.

GTFO.

jgegner, Dom, canadienhits and 4 others like this.
  3. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

Not too surprising considering some EU country's want to ban petrol vehicles by 2040.

4. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

The earth is just going through a life cycle, most of us know this. The media, the government, they have to keep pushing this agenda to use it to destroy our freedoms. Freedom to drive long distances (gas cars), freedom to celebrate it at events like racing. It’s a sad time we have coming.

They may say this is for safety concerns, but it’s not hard to see right through it.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  5. Chevellion

Chevellion Offline League Director

While I don't see any problems with the EU converting to electric-only vehicles, the idea behind potentially filing a police report for every on-track incident is asinine.

starscream24 and Junebugrocks88 like this.
  6. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

Could you imagine the paperwork if Arca went overseas?

7. Racingfan83

Racingfan83 Well-Known Member

Best response I have ever seen on this forum

dalejr88rox likes this.
  8. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 SRD IndyCar Series Director

I guess you weren't here for Ajwehr's meltdown then. Funniest shit I've seen in a while on here.

9. Racingfan83

Racingfan83 Well-Known Member

Is there a link LOL

10. starscream24

starscream24 Captain of Unpopular Opinions.

Not to sound like a hippy. But to deny man made climate change, with all the evidence provided by scientist, is complete ignorance. I do agree that people should have a choice of driving what ever they want. Cars shouldn't be the real concern for climate change. Trucks, trains, ships, power plants, anything that spews a ton of carbon monoxide should be what we focus on for emissions. At least the EU is trying something about the planet. Not a lot of people here will like my opinion but oh well. Can't please everyone. Now for the article itself. I'll believe it when I see it. If it is true then it actually is fucking stupid on the EU's part. Especially for safety concerns. They're grown fucking men/women. They now the risk. And there's plenty safety device there to prevent serious injury.

Spike and wslates like this.
  11. nj9703

nj9703 Über Alles

Not denying it. It exists. It’s just not some major human problem. Are we part of it? Yes. Are we going to be able to solve it by not running some gas cars? No. The earth warms and cools constantly. The evidence is flawed and many that have left the researching groups then wind up coming out and saying a lot of its faked. We want to do something about the environment? Start with cargo ships. Worst polluters by far.

4WideRacing likes this.
  12. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

Sadly no. He called me a jerkface with full sincerity

Racingfan83 likes this.
  13. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

If EU shuts down all racing Nascar might get huge again in the states and possibly many other forms of racing get bigger here too.

Gotta look on the bright side of things =)

RacerXero84 and 4WideRacing like this.
  14. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

True the Earth does go through temperature cycles however I think the industrial age has speeded up the warming trend quite a bit more than it naturally would have. There's no denying humans have done some major damage to Mother Earth, especially air and water pollution, and we can change things for the better but the problem is some people are too bull headed to open their eyes and minds to allow some change for the better. Coal fired plants should go the way of the dinosaur since we have cleaner ways to make power which includes Natural Gas, Solar and Wind. I could go on and on but we probably should stick to the original topic.

There's too many racing fans in the EU so I don't see a problem with Option 3 getting passed, there's too much at stake for tracks, racing organisations, teams etc...

wslates and DBZman7 like this.
  15. LarsonFan42

LarsonFan42 Member

Coming from the UK, this will not happen. The industry is far too large for it to just shut down and tens of thousands of people would lose their jobs. Good job we are leaving the EU.