12 - Menards/Sylvania Mustang - TAL1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2 - Dent Wizard Mustang - TAL1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

what was your first nascar video game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4x4yoda

SRD Member
Reaction score
mine was bill elliotts nascar challenge. it was on the computer. it had 8 tracks.
daytona, atlanta, darlington, bristol, sears point, michigan, watkins glen, talladega.
that game was awesome. i didn't have a wheel or a jotstick so you had to use the keyboard. you could not press and hold the buttons to turn either, you had to tap them really fast. if you held them the car would spin and you would be done for the race.
i only won one championship on it but it still cool in its day. that season goes like this. of course bill elliott dominated every race. every other driver was a fake name. there was only 13 cars on the game including yourself.

Daytona. there was no qualifing so i started last. i got to about forth and there was no catching bill or the other cars. luckily a caution flew toward the end of the race. on the final lap i cut down pit lane (there was no speed limit) whille the pace car was pacing the field at 70mph. I WON THE RACE THAT WAY!!!

Atlanta. I totally sucked there. it was way to tight of corners and i just wasn't good. i finished like 6th i think. started last as usual.

Darlington. it took along time for me to get good here but i did. i ended up winning that race and i believe elliott finished like 4th for some reason.

Bristol. Once i get the hang of tapping those keys, i was the man. it took about laps for the car to get in to the Zone and i was fast. in the corners i scrapped the wall the whole way around but i passed everyone up there and i didn't wreck. i won that race too.

Talladega. that was the same as daytona with the late race caution. it was wierd but it happened.

Sears Point. this was the old track design with the carosel. i scrapped the wall there and in turn 11. that place nobody could touch me. i was in the lead after 1 lap and could lap the field in a 10% race.

Michigan. thats my home track, i still sucked there. i ended up finishing like 4th luckily.

Watkins Glen. the last race of the year. i believe i was down just a couple points. i had to win and bill had to finish 3rd for me to win it all. again just like sears point i was the man. i scrapped the wall around the big turn and that was it. that was the old design without the backstretch s curves. i ended up winning it. it was awesome. it showed your car pulling up to get the championship trophy.

i did alot of races on that game. i did a full 500 lap race a bristol. tapping that key that whole way. i did that race before i got really good there. i finished 4th 13 laps down but i did the full race.

i also did both road races. i won both and lapped the field numious times. i wish i could get that game again.

beezy2212

SRD Member
Reaction score
nascar racing 2...ahh i used to be obsessed with that game until i got nascar 97 on ps1 and i loved it bc you could shoot paintballs at the other cars

TLmac55

SRD Member
Reaction score
hahahahaahaha!!!! Man beezy i remember that like it was yesterday!! My first was nascar racing for ps1

4x4yoda

SRD Member
Reaction score
after bill elliotts i got nascar racing 2, and i have all the game after that too. nascar 1999 season, 3, 4, 2002, 2003 season, i had the first nascar racing but never played it.

my friends a a ps and the nascar games, i never really liked them though. the graphics just wasn't the same as the computer.

Mailman3829

SRD Member
Reaction score
The original NASCAR Racing game by Papy, my bro & thought it was the coolest game ever lol! I've played everone they've came out with since, except for NASCAR 1999 Season.

Icepilot

SRD Member
Reaction score
I got the Computer Racing Bug with Papy's IndyCar Racing & Indycar Racing 2

But when they released Nascar Racing i was hooked.
Never played any of the PS1 or PS2 ones though.

I have:
Nascar Racing
Nascar Track Pack
Nascar Racing 2
Nascar Grand National Series Expansion Pack
Nascar Racing 1999
Nascar Racing 3
Nascar Racing 4
Nascar Racing Season 2003

I have seen Nascar Racing Season 2002, but i don't think it was ever released in Canada as i would have snapped it up.

I also have EA Sports Nascar Sim Racing, rFactor, Grand Prix 1,2,3,4 and now awaiting Arca Sim Racing.

MWick4

SRD SuperTruck Series Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
First Nascar Game

Mine Was Nascar 1998 by ea for ps1 i remember racing as Dale Earnhardt sr. and making my first win

BillyJack79

20+ Years of Sim Racing
SRD Member
Reaction score
started with Nascar 1 in '95, played most all of them since

brainy

SRD Member
Reaction score
Yeah! Bill Elliott's Nascar Challenge!! That was the first racing game I played a bunch. Before that I think I played a Nintendo game based on Days of Thunder... That one stunk compared to BENC.

Batman1138

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
NASCAR Racing 2, but no really hardcore. I really got into NASCAR Heat. I loved that game. Three wide every race

Thunder98

"Esteemed" Gen-Y Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
My First was NASCAR Racing 2, but my favorites are NASCAR 2000 for PS1, NASCAR Thunder 2004, and NR2003.

I have...

Computer:
1. NASCAR Racing 1
2. NASCAR Racing 2
3. NASCAR Racing 3
4. NASCAR Racing 4 Demo
5. NASCAR Racing 2002 Season Demo
6. NASCAR Racing 2003 Season
7. NASCAR Heat

Playstation 1:
1. NASCAR Racing
2. NASCAR 98
3. NASCAR 99
4. NASCAR 2000
5. NASCAR Rumble
6. NASCAR 2001
7. NASCAR Heat

Playstation 2:

1. NASCAR 2001
2. NASCAR Thunder 2002
3. NASCAR Thunder 2003
4. NASCAR Thunder 2004
5. NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup
6. NASCAR 06: Total Team Control
7. NASCAR 07 (Elliott Sadler Autographed)
8. NASCAR 09
9. NASCAR Heat 2002 :LOL: (Laughing Stock)
10. NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona :)

Playstation 3:

1. NASCAR 08

oddjob626

SRD Member
Reaction score
Espn Speedworld for the sega genesis in the way early 90's all the tracks where not to length and daytona and talladega the s/f where on the real back stretches

jgegner

Find New Roads
SRD Member
Reaction score
My first NASCAR game was Papyrus' NASCAR Racing 1. I have that, as well as N2, N3, N4, NR2002, and of course, NR2003. The only two Papyrus NASCAR games I don't have are NASCAR Racing 1999 Edition, and NASCAR Legends.

My favorite out of all of those has to be NR2003, not only because it still is the most realistic racing sim five and a half years after it was introduced, but also because it was the final release in the series.

Papyrus really meant what they said when they were going to pull out all the stops with NR2003.

James

Last edited:

Scott Womack

SRD Member
Reaction score
Bill Elliotts Nascar Challenge was the first one I bought, then all the EA sports Nascar Games, as well as all Papyrus Nascar games. :cool:

xEAGLEx

SRD Member
Reaction score
my first one was nascar 2000 on playstation 1

i know i got a late start haha

baadte

SRD Member
Reaction score
lets see..i started in 98 on playstation one at the young age of 6 lol. but really got more into the games in 2001 when daytona was added to the ea sports games

WillG_46

SRD Member
Reaction score
My first NASCAR game was NASCAR Revolution SE, I LOVED that game, the handling was extremely realistic for 1998. At first I was terrible, but before long I was running full length races at Bristol, Talladega and Richmond. Unfortunately it doesn't run anymore :nah:

NASCAR games I have:

PC:
NASCAR Revolution SE
NASCAR 3
NASCAR Legends
NASCAR 2002
NASCAR 2003
NASCAR SimRacing

PS:
NASCAR 2000
NASCAR Dirt to Daytona (if you don't have this game, pick it up because it's great)
NASCAR Thunder 2003
NASCAR Thunder 2004
NASCAR Chase for the Cup 2005
NASCAR 06 Total Team Control

Batman1138

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
NASCAR Dirt to Daytona was a good game. I didn't care to much for the Trucks or the Cup levels. But the dirt tracks and the modifides were really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.