12 - Menards/Sylvania Mustang - TAL1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
2 - Dent Wizard Mustang - TAL1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

WHAT?! You thought you were better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm the man. I just bought it. First one at my local store. It's awesome. I'm awesome. I'll be back in a month. Everything is now on hold in my life until I've gained 50 pounds and destroy this sim!

DangerMouse

SRD Member
Reaction score
I need some awesome lessons man! haha That makes Alan, and now you, that are on 'vacation' from the site. That is far from awesome!

TLmac55

SRD Member
Reaction score
ummm this might be a stupid question but wth are you referring to??? lol

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The title of this whole section is GT5. Thus Gran-Turismo 5. I just bought it. Fun. Now sleepy time.

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to brag a little more. Now post YOUR screen shots. BTW, I said I was not to be reached for a month, that was a joke. I'm still gonna release my garage scene and be around.

Attachments

instantCLASSIC

Gokai Change!
SRD Member
Reaction score
We've got a bunch of those NASCAR stickers that we were supposed to put on the games I suppose. No one bothered to tell me about it. That's walmart for ya! lol

TLmac55

SRD Member
Reaction score
The title of this whole section is GT5. Thus Gran-Turismo 5. I just bought it. Fun. Now sleepy time.
lol oooooooooooooh! Sorry man ijust saw it on the main page on the side and clicked on it. Didn't see that it was in the GT5 forum. Anyway congrats!! lol

JRRacing64

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for it in the mail not coming until Friday, lol! Can't wait! How was the install? I've been hearing it's going to be over an hour if you put it on the hard drive.

Furinkazen

SRD Member
Reaction score
I have played a demo whilst waiting for my PS3... looks awesome.

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
N310- bravo of the usage of "whilst". Bravo good sir...bra-vo.

The install was 20 minutes. It was about 30 after everything. No probs. But then ya gotta get your license and get a car. You still have a bit of loading. And the home screen is a little odd, but I'll get used to it over time I'm sure.

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score

The install was 20 minutes. It was about 30 after everything. No probs. But then ya gotta get your license and get a car. You still have a bit of loading. And the home screen is a little odd, but I'll get used to it over time I'm sure.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I so wish my PS3 still worked (or that I had the money to go out Friday and get another one).

Furinkazen

SRD Member
Reaction score

Don't get that hoosirdaddy...

I like the weather effects, 2 laps of Le Mans in Super GT cars was amazing! And I tried NASCAR. God, I thought the NR2003 handling was a tad unforgiving... I see how easy it is to lose control... a slight touch of the apron and quick over-correction and bye bye 48 and half the pack...

*I have been playing at a demo at a shop, thats what I mean by the way...*

ChronicMastrbtr

SRD Member
Reaction score

I like the weather effects, 2 laps of Le Mans in Super GT cars was amazing! And I tried NASCAR. God, I thought the NR2003 handling was a tad unforgiving... I see how easy it is to lose control... a slight touch of the apron and quick over-correction and bye bye 48 and half the pack...

Can you give a review of what tracks, and how many AI cars are in the Nascar options of GT5? Also, how do you like it graphics, physics wise compared to NR2003.

JRRacing64

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score

I think it might be quite different then the full build of the game. I think the last Store demo build was released was in June. I really found the Stock cars in the demo kinda too twitchy to be honest. Though it might have been that I was using the controller pad.

I can't wait to try this game with my G27! Gonna be fun!!

moppenheimer

#Murica
SRD Member
Reaction score
Can you give a review of what tracks, and how many AI cars are in the Nascar options of GT5? Also, how do you like it graphics, physics wise compared to NR2003.
2 tracks, 10 Cars, and the NASCAR stuff is a joke. Draft physics are crazy unrealistic (You can pull behind a car and gain 40 + mph in half of a straightaway) and the ai isn't very good.

As expected the NASCAR stuff is just a gimic to sell more copies in the US.

hammer26tn

SRD Member
Reaction score
I plan on getting the game, but I went on youtube just to check out the NASCAR portion and see what I was in store for. And to be honest, for what they put in, they shouldn't have bothered. I guess between this and NR2003, I'll have some NASCAR to play until February when NTG 2011 comes out

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
2 tracks, 10 Cars, and the NASCAR stuff is a joke. Draft physics are crazy unrealistic (You can pull behind a car and gain 40 + mph in half of a straightaway) and the ai isn't very good.

No different then when they put the SuperGT class in GT2. They took off the restrictor plates for them, made them basically "Supercars".

JRRacing64

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score

I really had no expectations on the Nascar stuff to begin with. I've said in the past this game isn't built around Nascar so anyone expecting this to be a Nascar game was going to be disappointed.

But I do agree, it is a gimmick. But to be fair the Draft physics have always been unrealistic in the GT games...

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The AI does kinda suck unless you make it really hard, then it's fun. You can have up to 12 cars and the graphics are pretty sick. The physics feel good but could be tweaked. I bought a Tony Stewart car for 100,000 credits and play online daytona with 11 others. You can tweak the car all the way around and it gets pretty tough when you play online. Bumping feels good and the apron makes you spin out if you go to deep or stay on it to long. You can literally slam the back of an AI and he won't spin out but for some reason, you can't do that online. You'll just spin them out. So be warned if you wanna draft. Speaking of draft, GT put a note out saying that a patch will be coming out addressing some shadow issues and drafting along with some cars breaking. Basically with the breaking, the option of ABS on some cars that shouldn't have ABS.

Status
Not open for further replies.