1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Whelen Modified Carsets from Before 2011

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by 63Modified, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 63Modified

63Modified Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get some Whelen Modified carsets from before 2011. I have the 2011 NWMT set and a Southern Modified set I believe. I seen one other site that used to have some Modifieds from past years, but they're not downloadable anymore. I'd really like to find some Southern Modified carsets if possible. I appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,

Josh

2. RP Motorsports

RP Motorsports Well-Known Member

Theres some Tour Type's and SK's at Ben's site here - BCA Design: Racing Graphic Designs

Theres a 2010 set here - NR2k3tracks :: Carsets, Car Files and Paints ~ Runboard

And theres some random individuals here - Tucknut NR2003 - Whelen Mod News

Other than that, I dont think you're going to find much of anything else. Maybe a few up on nnracing or something like that, at best. Anything else you come across will be fictional, usually a Cup scheme put onto a mod or something along those lines.

Mods arent as popular as Cup, Nationwide, Trucks, etc...(both in sim racing and real life for that matter). Its a smaller loyal fanbase, or core group, thats into them, so there isnt a whole lot available for nr2003. Which is why we're working on somewhat of an overhaul, making new templates, cars, mips, etc...

4 people like this.
  3. 63Modified

Thanks man! Yeah I know that the Modifieds aren't as popular, I wish NASCAR would promote them more and expand them further south and out west. I think if more people knew about Modifieds, they'd be very popular. I'd also like to see them in more sims, I was hoping someone would make them for RFactor 2, since apparently you can edit physics in RFactor to more closely match the real life cars, and the graphics would be better. How close are you guys to releasing your new templates and carsets? Also what carsets are you guys working on?

4. RP Motorsports

RP Motorsports Well-Known Member

Yea absolutely. I've met a lot of people who watched their first mod race and said it was better than any Cup/Nationwide/Truck race they've ever seen. Hell, the Loudon race had 17 lead changes within the final 30 laps, and a drag race to the finish that ended in a .003 difference between three cars. Hard to imagine that kind of racing doesnt get broadcast, or at least some semi-regular coverage. Bristol is going to be on Speed, and they just added the second Loudon race to the broadcast, so hopefully its starting to open some eyes.

With our stuff, we dont really have any set dates. We're settling for nothing less than top-notch work, so we're not pressing it with any time frames or that kind of thing. We're working on 12-15 different templates, and all the cars from both Whelen tours, the MRS tour, and the SK's from Stafford, Thompson, and Waterford.

What I will say is you'll most-likely see cars before templates. And sooner rather than later. Instead of waiting to complete a whole carset for release, I think we're probably going to start releasing cars individually. That way, those who are interested can start getting new cars on a somewhat consistent basis, instead of waiting for a whole set.

5. 63Modified

Yeah, I heard about that race in Loudon, that was awesome. The templates are looking great so far. I seen some pictures of a couple the other day. Are you guys considering doing a Bowman Gray Stadium Modified carset? If you are, I can provide all the names, a lot of pictures of the cars, and some sponsor info.

6. Ben Althen

Ben Althen Well-Known Member

At the moment we don't have plans for a BGS set, we are all backed up now as is doing the current cars as well as finishing the templates. While I'd like to do as many as possible, there is more demand for the touring series.

1 person likes this.
  7. 63Modified

That's understandable. I was hoping for a BGS set from someone, BGS brings in around 24 Mods every week, with over 30-35 different Mods showing up this year. I'm just learning how to paint in NR2003, so hopefully I can paint some BGS cars once I get more familiar with using GIMP. I appreciate all the work from you guys to keep this Mod alive. I hope that Modifieds will become more popular in real life and sim racing, I'm really hoping someone who makes mods will make a Whelen Modified mod for RFactor 2. If I had the software to do it, and the knowledge of using the software, I'd attempt to make a newer version of the Whelen Mods for NR2003 and make a Whelen Mod for RFactor 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.