5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Why Modders Quit Modding.

MrDude68

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
All the while, most of you in that group, minus Italo, Cosmin and the BER group haven't contributed a fucking thing to the NR2003 community besides having your hands open for another free handout and talking shit about our work. You guys will garner no sympathy here.
If you want a community, you'll have to accept eventually that not everyone can be a content creator. People want to play the game so they download the mods and other content to do so. I have no doubt that most people on that side of the fence (like me) are very grateful for that. If there was no one to sit around downloading the content then imagine how small this community would be. Creating content keeps people playing the game, and when people keep playing the game, more people create content. It's the cycle that keeps this game alive.

FYI @dalejr88rox , there was at least 20 of us trying to find out sb70's info.
This is a pathetic reflection on you, @Smoke OR, @Rogue, @bowtie, and whoever else was involved in that. I would advise you to stop bringing it up, because it makes you look like the bad guys instead of him.

Somebody needs to tell you the truth. You silenced dalejr88rox, and you'll silence me. But guess what? I'm going to walk away a happy man. Your little button won't do a damn thing.

Last edited:

Smoke

Official Toad Hunter.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Damn. You people look like the freaking democrats in Washington picking and choosing what to believe or say (and before all the deplorable comments start I'm neither a registered democrat nor republican).
Never mind the truth that at the heart of the thread is to expose all the shit talking that goes on and when you are caught blame whomever you can and jump on the one who points it out. I posted it and will again. You don't want what you say exposed to the public then don't say it.
Its not the constructive criticism that chaps peoples asses who make content its this reaction right here that oh you cant handle it if Johnny Dingbat says that your mod could be better. All mods could be better in some way and will never meet every persons wants.
Bottom line the hypocrisy shown right here is blatant and frankly disgusting.

MrDude68

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Its not the constructive criticism that chaps peoples asses who make content its this reaction right here that oh you cant handle it if Johnny Dingbat says that your mod could be better.
You obviously can't handle it, as you've proven, because you have to come running over here to try and build an army when someone says something mean.

You cooked up this drama on purpose because you knew that the guy who owns this playground would agree with you and argue for you if you came over here, and that people wouldn't speak up against it for fear of getting banned from the place where many of the community's resources lie. It's despicable.

Last edited:

Smoke

Official Toad Hunter.
SRD Member
Reaction score
You obviously can't handle it, as you've proven, because you have to come running over here to try and build an army when someone says something mean.

You cooked up this drama on purpose because you knew that the guy who owns this playground would agree with you and argue for you if you came over here, and that people wouldn't speak up against it for fear of getting banned from the place where many of the community's resources lie. It's despicable.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Its not about what I have or have not done. This sir has nothing to do with that and your reaction along with others solidifies the point that was made. I see quite a few posts made here without fear of being banned. Some I agreed with and some not. Now as you posted back a little while ago like your buddy why don't you leave on your own accord but wait you wont because you want someone to ban you so you can run around and talk crap that the mean old owner of SRD banned me because blah blah blah.

nascarfan89

SRD Member
Reaction score
Next time you guys plan a trip to Charlotte to go to the race in May, let me know and I will pay for Matt Muir's ticket. I want to see if Mr.Accuracy will bring his sewing kit to sew up a pair of balls to talk all that shit he does behind his keyboard and monitor.
Hahhahaha and all the Todd wannabes come out to play.
Brilliant move. Guess paying for a website is where the line get's drawn again. Always on someone else's dime right?
I really have no idea why I pay $100 a month to listen and put up with this stupid shit. But since I got nothing better to do the rest of the night, any of you other smart ass's want to continue posting free matt meme's, I'll keep pulling the ban trigger. Keep em coming fucksticks.
Damn. You people look like the freaking democrats in Washington picking and choosing what to believe or say (and before all the deplorable comments start I'm neither a registered democrat nor republican). Never mind the truth that at the heart of the thread is to expose all the shit talking that goes on and when you are caught blame whomever you can and jump on the one who points it out. I posted it and will again. You don't want what you say exposed to the public then don't say it.
The two of you are utterly insufferable sometimes. Matt, while I appreciate all the things you've given to the nr2003 community over the years, if paying 100 dollars a month "to put up with this stupid shit" is a problem, then shut the website down. I assure you everyone will survive with one less toxic dude trying to swing his dick around all the time.

Smoke, your level of obsession with Toad/Todd/whoever the hell, as well as anyone you find as overly critical in the nr2003 community is unhealthy. It doesn't help that you are completely incapable of admitting fault in any of your actions even when you are incontrovertibly wrong (i.e. nice bike). But like I said a second ago to Matt, if these people bother you so much, no one is making you, or even wants you, stay dealing with it. I'm sure the minutes you spent posting the comments that made you angry on Facebook group that literally anyone can join (and where everyone doesn't hide behind a screen name) could have been more constructively spent doing something more enjoyable than acting as the arbiter of who can/cannot provide critique based on their contributions to a 17 year old gaming community.

I'm sure this will be my last post, given Matt's itchy ban finger (yes Matt, I know calling it a ban trigger while you threaten people like Muir makes you feel like a big man, but it's literally a mouse click, brother), so I'll leave off saying that I appreciate the contributions of everyone from day 1 to today and I hope that the game lasts as a wonderful historical re-simulation device for years to come. Bye, ya'll.

dacinch8

I crave the 2014 package
SRD Member
Reaction score
Alright. Everyone needs to boil their shit down and let everyone’s differences aside before any more damage is done to the NR2003 community and this website.
I’m not trying to call out names or stay on anyone’s side, I’m completely neutral here.
What Smoke did was wrong, you should never doxx anyone’s personal account, and that’s what he did. And yes, Digital Designs may be the pinnacle of bad NR2003 modding communities in your eyes.
So please, calm down, let it go, and leave this alone.
That’s all I’m asking.

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
Then don't reopen threads like this and you won't have to face the fact that people disagree with you maybe?
Good point. But, besides listening to dalejr88rox constantly whine, I wanted to hear what you guys had to say. And I have had no problem with anyone's opinion.[EDIT] Well, I've had no problem with anyone's opinion that I wanted to ban them.....[EDIT]
THIS is what's killing this community. There's no reason for this level of irrational toxicity. Grown men should act like grown men.
Grown men can't have an opinion? It's mostly grown men who has created 90% of the content for NR2003. Yet, it's the young kids who think they know it all and know the rules and how things should be. Look around, who's making content? Kids or adults? Actually, look around a little deeper, the adults finally gave up and moved on. For the most part I have to. I rarely check in here anymore, but this thread about digital design, well I just could resist :)
You're putting yourself on an island, Matt.
My man, I have been on an island for more than 10 years in this community. I've made no secret about my feelings of what the NR2003 has become. A bunch of teen's and preteen's with mommy or daddy's hand me down laptops trying to watch cars go around the track. Then cluttering forums asking why their shit doesn't work. Everyone I know moved on to iRacing 10+ years ago when we were beta testing for them. I should have closed down SRD then. Believe me, you're not not telling me anything I don't already know.
If you want a community, you'll have to accept eventually that not everyone can be a content creator. People want to play the game so they download the mods and other content to do so. I have no doubt that most people on that side of the fence (like me) are very grateful for that.
Agreed. What I will not accept, well, I do now because I don't honestly give a shit anymore, it a group of people, such as digital designs, who have their hand out and don't contribute shit, but have the stones to talk shit about the very thing they get for free that people spend weeks,months,years on. That is unacceptable to me, and always will be. If that puts me on an island, so be it. I can live with that.
I would advise you to stop bringing it up, because it makes you look like the bad guys instead of him.
I didn't bring it up, dalejr88rox did. However, I don't care what you uniformed self righteous pricks think. I know exactly who that asshole was and what he did. I have zero problems with what I participated in. Zero problems.....
Somebody needs to tell you the truth. You silenced dalejr88rox, and you'll silence me. But guess what? I'm going to walk away a happy man. Your little button won't do a damn thing.
Well, bye.

Last edited:

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
I assure you everyone will survive with one less toxic dude trying to swing his dick around all the time.
All the time? lol, I barely post or visit here anymore.

Let me clue you in, and the rest of whoever the ungrateful bastards out there that want me to close down the site and or just walk away. Entertain me for a second, calculate how long this site has been open(2003). Now for the first 5 years, I paid around $35-50 a month. After that, it's been $100 a month. That doesn't include licenses, domain name renewal etc....Conservatively, I've spent close to $15,000 to have you guys tell me how I should be, how I should act, and run my site. Show me someone else besides iRacing who's invested that kind of money into a community and their hobby? I'll wait.........

So, what sort of price do we put on time? Time making things for NR2003? There is no way I can put a number on the amount of hours spent doing this. Now, I am not saying I've spent a fraction of the time that other people such as IanS, or John Franklin, or the Bullring group have spent. What I am saying is we put in the time. We put in the money, we put in the effort that far surpasses ANYTHING you guys seem to think you should be giving me your opinion about.

If you're asking yourself "is he saying we should just be quiet and be grateful for necessary evils like Matt in the community because they put in the time and money?"..............you're god damn right I am.

Now fuck off.

Skyline

Graphic Designer Skyline Customs
SRD Member
Reaction score
Jesus H Christ! This big fight because a handful don't know how to appropriately say they dislike a mod because of X or Y.
This is a PSA to EVERYONE, You can DISLIKE and CONSTRUCTIVELY CRITIQUE a mod, but you can't just BASH THE HELL OUT OF IT.
This is a bunch of nonsense and I think we ALL can be better than this. My Lord.

squiggles

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A bunch of teen's and preteen's with mommy or daddy's hand me down laptops...cluttering forums asking why their shit won't work.
Pardon me for asking, but what's the point of this? You're saying it like only NR2003 has people like this. I'm involved in quite a few communities and it happens throughout all of them. I understand how frustrating it can be, especially for a person who runs the forum, to see the same topics over and over again. If you want to minimize this, you could create a pinned post outlining common NR2003 problems and their solutions.

I know I'm not in the position to say this because I literally recovered this account like a week ago, but if you have such a dislike for the NR2003 community and you're paying to run this site, shut the site down or hand ownership to another person. That's just my two cents, however flawed they may be.

sweetracerdude

King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Pardon me for asking, but what's the point of this? You're saying it like only NR2003 has people like this. I'm involved in quite a few communities and it happens throughout all of them. I understand how frustrating it can be, especially for a person who runs the forum, to see the same topics over and over again. If you want to minimize this, you could create a pinned post outlining common NR2003 problems and their solutions.

I know I'm not in the position to say this because I literally recovered this account like a week ago, but if you have such a dislike for the NR2003 community and you're paying to run this site, shut the site down or hand ownership to another person. That's just my two cents, however flawed they may be.
you can pin it to the top and people will STILL ask in a new topic...

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score

Word of advice, you should stay out of this.

UnfixingDuke24

Who names their kid Jeg?
SRD Member
Reaction score
Whether you like it or not, the primary market of this game is teenagers/younger adults. Sorry that makes your blood boil.

It's also worth noting that the majority of people in NR2003 online leagues (I'd estimate around 95+%) are 18+. At least as far as I've seen. And the majority of your members are also in that age range.

Checkmate.

Junebugrocks88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Doxxing 10+ people from a Facebook group because one or two of them said something that ruffled the lightest of someone's feathers is wrong.

Defending the doxxing of those people because "they should have their names attached to their criticism" is a flawed argument. Matt Muir and Jay did nothing to deserve their names being dragged through the mud on another website that they may not even be members of. While their criticism may sound a bit harsh, it was criticism of a beta mod. The mod's not fucking done yet. There's no guarantee that the stuff that Jay and Matt were criticizing will still be issues upon the final release of the mod. Matt could have chosen better words when describing how he felt about the mod, but in no way did he deserve to be flamed like this without his knowledge.

Conservatively, I've spent close to $15,000 to have you guys tell me how I should be, how I should act, and run my site.
Fifteen thousand dollars is a lot of money. I'm grateful that all of that money has been spent to keep this website alive as long as it has been up for. This website was the first NR2003 forum I ever signed up for, way back when I was only 15. I'm a month away from turning 20 now, and unfortunately this forum is not the same place as it was when I first joined. The people that helped make this site what it once was have been driven away. Jack resigned last night because he rightfully locked this clusterfuck of a thread and it was reopened against his wishes. Jack was probably the best admin this website ever had, and this is what caused him to resign? What a god damn joke.

Also, despite you seeming to have a personal vendetta against Discord because "iT's AlWaYs On SoMeOnE eLsE's DiMe", it's completely, 100% free. Discord is a corporation. They don't give a fuck about who's using it for what purposes. One hundred dollars a month to host this site adds up to about $1,200 per year. Discord was released in early 2015. You could have saved yourself between $4,000 and $5,000 over the last four to five years. Imagine all of the things you could have done with that money, like maybe putting it aside for a new bike.

Dalejr88rox should not have been removed from the site for what he said. Calling someone out for using a gay slur is by no means an overreaction, and calling someone out for doxxing 10+ people that did nothing wrong certainly isn't either. I saw that multiple people were removed for posting the "free Matt" memes. They're right. Matt was removed because he spoke up against shit that should not have been happening, and that's ludicrous.
smokeor.png

I don't know who the fuck Todd/Toad/????? is or what his problem is, but putting in your profile that you're a "hunter" of him looks extremely childish. You might want to consider getting some therapy for your unhealthy obsession. It also makes me laugh that you had no issue doxxing all of those people from Facebook onto this thread, but I've never seen you reveal your full name anywhere on this site. Are you scared someone might doxx you bud?

The bottom line is, I don't want to be banned, but it seems that my view on all of this seems to align with the people that are no longer here. So I guess if this is the end of the road for me on this forum, so be it. It's not like I could have logged in anymore anyway because the piece of shit Facebook (ironic) login feature has been broken for over two years despite me bringing it up multiple times.

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
Whether you like it or not, the primary market of this game is teenagers/younger adults. Sorry that makes your blood boil.
It doesn't. As I stated before, it's the teen, preteen kiddo's that annoy the fuck out of me.
It's also worth noting that the majority of people in NR2003 online leagues (I'd estimate around 95+%) are 18+. At least as far as I've seen. And the majority of your members are also in that age range.

Checkmate.
You have to be 18+ to sign up to these boards. There is a reason for that. Last I heard, 18+ starts your young adulthood. Unless that changed......... So what the fuck are you going on about?

MattyO

Salty
Admin
Reaction score
Jack was probably the best admin this website ever had, and this is what caused him to resign? What a god damn joke.
Agreed. However, you guys are all over me about having a quick ban trigger. Jack was the fastest god damn gun in the west when it came to banning people,lol. I don't know why this was the hill Jack chose to die on. Out of everything that's ever happened in the NR2003 community, you girls getting called out in the digital design group is the final straw that broke the camels back for Jack? Okay then....

It's not like I could have logged in anymore anyway because the piece of shit Facebook (ironic) login feature has been broken for over two years despite me bringing it up multiple times.
Yet, you somehow made sure you could find a way to log in and give your two pennies worth. Amazing how that works....

Here's the bottom line that all of you bitching at me about refuse to address and ignore. I've called you guys out many times in the digital design group over the years, and never got this sort of reaction. But this time, once names are put to the comments, well then........, that is going too far! lol. You guys got caught. Period. You got caught talking shit (again) but this time there is names associated with it. Well, that's on you guys. Next time don't be such pretentious assholes about the work that is getting provided to you.

squiggles

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
MattyO, I know you told me to stay out of this, but I just have one more thing to say.

Any which way you look at it, doxxing people is a low thing to do, and I don't think it belongs on this website. I think most people would agree with me on that. It's my opinion that what is on Facebook stays on Facebook. No matter your view on the NR2003 community or the effort put into the mods (which is a very large amount and I'm infinitely grateful that people put that much of their free time into it), Smoke OR is in the wrong for bringing Facebook drama over here. That's all I have to say.

Rogue

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Dalejr88rox really wanted to open a can of worms we had closed for years now. Jack has a fine reason to stop. All the leaches come out and want mods made the way THEY want it.
Bottom line is.....whoever builds a mod, builds it THEIR way...and if you like it you use it....BUT there are way to many dumbasses in this community who all think they know better.
On the TOAD note....leave it be, none of us want to justify what happened, to idiots who were not there.
MY 2 CENTS..

MrDude68

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't know why this was the hill Jack chose to die on. Out of everything that's ever happened in the NR2003 community, you girls getting called out in the digital design group is the final straw that broke the camels back for Jack? Okay then....
I'm sorry that I have to say this... but my guess is that what pushed him over the edge is that you overrode him as he was trying to do his duty as an admin and close Pandora's Box. Instead of putting this to rest right away, he had to watch as this thread went completely off the rails, dalejr88rox got banned, etc. Admirably, he was trying to prevent this whole show from happening.
Let me clue you in, and the rest of whoever the ungrateful bastards out there that want me to close down the site and or just walk away. Entertain me for a second, calculate how long this site has been open(2003). Now for the first 5 years, I paid around $35-50 a month. After that, it's been $100 a month. That doesn't include licenses, domain name renewal etc....Conservatively, I've spent close to $15,000 to have you guys tell me how I should be, how I should act, and run my site. Show me someone else besides iRacing who's invested that kind of money into a community and their hobby? I'll wait.........
Let me be very clear about this: I do not, nor would I ever, wish that this website would be closed down. With your money and time, you have given more life to this community than someone like me could ever dream to. That said, what I do wish is that we would all have a willingness, for the good of this community, to stop stirring this pot.

The 2 people that stepped over the line in my opinion were Vallee and Muir, and I don't believe I've seen either of those people here. It's no good tearing each other apart over them.