1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

WinstonCup426's Paints

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by WinstonCup426, Jan 18, 2016.

1. WinstonCup426

WinstonCup426 Well-Known Member

Funny you mention that; I was considering angling the stripes toward the A-pillar like that Labonte car did, but I didn't want it to be too similar. Thanks for the kind words!

pshafer3327 likes this.
  2. WinstonCup426

INERCIA RACING
    This Hispanic-owned operation first attempted to go Cup racing in late 2015, but their plans fizzled out. This time, with support from Nissan and a Truck Series vet at the wheel, they were more fortunate.

#54 - Germán Quiroga
    [​IMG]

CIRCLE SPORT/LEAVINE FAMILY RACING

Rumors of a Leavine/Falk split after only one year of the teams' alliance turned out to be unfounded, and CS/LFR is back with driver Michael McDowell despite losing what many thought was a loyal sponsor in Thrivent Financial. Samaritan Ministries will step up for the races Thrivent vacated.

#95 - Michael McDowell
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ROUSH FENWAY RACING
    No one has questioned that it was a tough 2016 for Roush Fenway. After shaking up key personnel and downsizing to two cars after the departure of Greg Biffle, could this be the year that the former powerhouse climbs back towards the top?

#6 - Trevor Bayne
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bayne's #6 will be sponsored by Advocare and Timberland.

#99 - Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
    [​IMG]

CREDITS
    Bases: Me, SDG
    Numbers: Nick Baker, Inercia Racing, WVUFan01
    Contigs: Alan Harkleroad, me
    Logos: The companies

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  3. WinstonCup426

ROBINSON-FOYT SPEEDWORKS
    When HScott Motorsports announced that it'd be closing its doors after the end of the 2016 season, there were rumblings that former Cup driver Shawna Robinson had seen an opportunity to get into the ownership game. Now, in the offseason, we've learned the truth: she'll be working with the legendary A.J. Foyt to field a car. The two did not announce their plans until they found proper sponsorship, which came along with their driver - Landon Cassill.

#50 - Landon Cassill
    [​IMG]

GERMAIN RACING
    In a chuckle-worthy coincidence, one of Foyt's former drivers is also coming to NASCAR this year, but with another team. After running a part-time Xfinity schedule in 2014 and 2015, and fully making the jump from Indy cars to a full-time stock car campaign this past year, Takuma Sato is set to run for Rookie of the Year in Germain's #13. Upon switching to Dodge for the coming season, the outfit will receive engines from Ganassi rather than RCR.

#13 - Takuma Sato
    [​IMG]

JTG DAUGHERTY RACING
    With the addition of a second car for sophomore driver Chris Buescher and a manufacturer switch, 2017 looks to be a season of growth for JTG Daugherty.

#47 - AJ Allmendinger
    [​IMG]

#59 - Chris Buescher
    [​IMG]
    Longtime supporter Clorox will pick up the tab on the new #59 Nissan.

CREDITS
    Numbers: Nick Baker, me, Cynon
    Logos: The companies, Fosterick, Scott Huhn

4. flyersfan4888

flyersfan4888 That Red GNS Car dude.

These looks great.

Except the contig sizes make me want to throw things

WinstonCup426, nj9703 and Thunder98 like this.
  5. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 #50in07

I think Takuma is a personal Honda driver, so Germain wouldn't be able to run Nissans. That's why he's going to Andretti next year.

Cars still look great!

WinstonCup426 likes this.
  6. WinstonCup426

Thanks for the tip. Would things be any better if I switched the 13 to, say, Dodge?

7. WinstonCup426

PETTY ENTERPRISES
    The King's organization struggled for most of last year, but they showed flashes of brilliance toward the end, with Aric Almirola nabbing a third-place finish at Martinsville after leading some laps. This year, Petty has two solid drivers at the helm, and with Dodge completely behind them once more, good things might just be on the horizon if things play out right...

#43 - Aric Almirola
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#44 - Ryan Blaney
    [​IMG]

CHIP GANASSI RACING WITH FELIX SABATES
    CGR was the first team to announce a switch to Dodge for this coming season, and many analysts are pegging it as the manufacturer's flagship. Coming out of a solid season for Kyle Larson that saw him finally win his first Cup race and finish ninth in points, and having added Ryan Newman to the stable, the team could very well make good on those predictions.

#1 - Jamie McMurray
    [​IMG]

#40 - Ryan Newman
    [​IMG]

#42 - Kyle Larson

[​IMG]

CREDITS
    Numbers: Nick Baker
    Logos: The companies, Brands of the World, Jacobc62

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  8. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

Enjoying seeing all of your cars. You can't go wrong with those Petty cars.

9. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

I'd love to see that Larson scheme on track next year! Great work @WinstonCup426

10. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

Where are the Petty swooshes?! :mad::mad::mad: /s

Nice work on these schemes! I really love seeing fresh schemes like this, rather than the old dried up ones we see on the track year after year.

BrendonH12 and WinstonCup426 like this.
  11. WinstonCup426

JOE GIBBS RACING
    Gibbs and its affiliates seemed to dominate every crown-jewel race in 2016, and their #19 team very nearly won it all. They have a lot to be proud of heading into the new year, and that momentum should only carry them faster.

#11 - Denny Hamlin
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The defending Daytona 500 champion continues to be sponsored by FedEx with a new white and purple look.

#18 - Kyle Busch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In addition to its Interstate Batteries sponsorship, Busch's #18 will feature two main M&Ms schemes, celebrating the candy's two most popular varieties.

#19 - Carl Edwards
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anheuser-Busch moves from Stewart-Haas to Gibbs. (OOC: I've fixed the outdated Subway logo on the Arris car.)

#20 - Matt Kenseth
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Stanley Black & Decker moves their sponsorship completely to the #20 through its DeWalt division, while Mobil 1 fills in the space left by Dollar General's exit from the sport.

CREDITS:
    Numbers: Nick Baker
    Logos: The companies, Brands of the World, Fosterick, MasGrafx
    Bases: Me, SDG, Rogue, Andre Fiorini

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  12. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Bud and Busch would never be on the same car... they're competing companies.

13. Thunder98

Thunder98 Well-Known Member

No they aren't. Anheuser-Busch owns both Budweiser AND Busch.

14. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

If I'm not mistaken the deal between the two brewing companies is very recent. Nice cars as usual!

15. Thunder98

Anheuser-Busch was founded by Eberhard Anheuser and Adolphus Busch in 1852, first debuting Busch in 1955 and Budweiser in 1876. It's not recent. The merger between Miller and Coors however is recent.

pshafer3327 and burtonbraves like this.
  16. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that Anheuser-Busch has been around forever.

In other news, those Joe Gibbs Racing #11 cars are how they should look. No more black schemes and each brand should have it's own color.

pshafer3327 and BrendonH12 like this.
  17. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

Ah there it is. I knew two major brewing companies merged in the past year or so, but couldn't remember which. Now that I think about it I think Busch Stadium in St. Louis has a giant Budweiser sign in the outfield haha

18. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

19. WinstonCup426

FURNITURE ROW RACING
    The team that won the Coke 600, the Southern 500, and very nearly the Daytona 500 is naturally looking forward to this coming year, and they'll be expanding to two cars to make room for Gibbs development driver Erik Jones.

#77 - Erik Jones
    [​IMG]
    5-Hour Energy will adorn the new #77 Toyota. (OOC: I admittedly took some inspiration from Dobbs for this one. His still looks better, though.)

#78 - Martin Truex Jr.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WES GONDER RACING
    The ARCA outfit will attempt a few Coca-Cola Cup races here and there throughout the season.

#71 - Reed Sorenson
    [​IMG]

THE MOTORSPORTS GROUP
    Curtis Key's team will keep chugging along into 2017 with a single car and driver Josh Wise.

#30 - Josh Wise
    [​IMG]

(OOC: I also made a version of this car with the typical blue number stroke and no Incredible Bank logo, but I haven't rendered it just yet.)

TOMMY BALDWIN RACING
    Reports of this team's death turned out to be exaggerated. They'll be at the Daytona 500 with sponsorship from Boppy, a manufacturer of breastfeeding pillows for new parents, and Toy State/Nikko. Beyond that, their sponsorship plans are unclear, but Baldwin himself has assured media that his #7 will at least attempt to run the full schedule.

#7 - David Ragan
    [​IMG]

CREDITS
    Bases: Me, SDG
    Numbers: Nick Baker, me, WVUFan01
    Logos: The companies, Fosterick, Jacobc62, Brands of the World, ericman84

20. Thunder98

Seeing all those contigs on Furniture Row cars feels out of whack. lol

BrendonH12 and WinstonCup426 like this.