32 Corey LaJoie 2020 RagingBull.com Ford Mustang JNieder51188
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

WinstonCup98 Mod Issues

Jordo

SRD Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble getting the mod to work?

Whenever I cut and paste the main folder into the series folder, it doesn't show up in-game, even though it is the only mod I have that starts with a 'w.'

I've played around and used a .DEF file to get it to show up, but then cars don't load at all so it's basically still useless.

Started from scratch and went vanilla again, but still no luck. Just seeing if anyone else had any issues similar?

Thanks,

-J

Jordo

SRD Member
Reaction score
That's the one I'm downloading Andy. I thought the same thing when it first happened so I did a double check to make sure.

I have no idea what could be causing it to not appear. It's the weirdest little glitch I've dealt with in a long time.

InsideLine

Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Did You patch the game? Is it a folder within a folder of the same name?

Jordo

SRD Member
Reaction score
Ages ago like anyone else I believe? I haven't done anything for the past three years or so except download Thunder's tracks and the occasional paint from people though.

I'm not too worried about it if this doesn't work. I've been running 1997 on the original cup mod for years now.

EDIT : Just checked, that's the patch I'm on Jacob.

InsideLine

SRD Member
Reaction score
Tracks will show up even if you don't have it patched, cars will show up in the original cup mod even if you don't have it patched but for another mod to show up you need to have the patch. Also make sure you're not installing a folder within a folder of the same name.

Thunder98

"Esteemed" Gen-Y Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The mod limit is 16. WC98's folder starts with a W so it'll be last on the list.

Jordo

SRD Member
Reaction score
I am for sure that is is not a folder inside a folder. I purposely extract to my desktop to avoid that easy error.

Also, sorry guys I should have provided more info. I only have five mods installed currently. So it isn't the 16 limit. There also isn't another mod that starts with a W so it can't be a duplicate issue.

InsideLine

SRD Member
Reaction score
Hmm,try downloading it again and try it. Possibly something got corrupted somehow. :)

Jordo

SRD Member
Reaction score
Took a screenshot of what is inside my folder series/WinstonCup98

Still having no luck. Did a new download and a new unzip and copy and paste over today too.

Attachments

EarnhardtFan

Premier Senior Member
Banned
Reaction score
Well, uh.. The lack of the mod's .DAT file and the series.def is definitely an issue.....

Jordo

SRD Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I thought! But why aren't those being downloaded? That's a legit screenshot of the folder right after extracting it.

Can anybody Dropbox me those missing files? I have no idea how I'm missing them.

horseman89

SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't know how it can be downloaded without .def and .dat files that's included in this archive! :) It's a 7 -zip archive and if I open 7-zip archive with Winzip it usually (at least for me) give some "bad words" and don't unzip right. Or.... probably your antivirus somehow(?!) wont allow or delete these .dat and .def files. That's only thing what comes in mind... try to unzip this archive right to your NR2003 and series folder.

quadmaster

SRD Member
Reaction score
Great feedback guys!! horseman you are correct the .dat and .def files should have been there when extracted to the season/series/98 mod folder.Just downloaded and checked and mine are there ;):cool:

Jordo

SRD Member
Reaction score
AL Zip is what I use. I also made sure there wasn't any firewall issues. Still missing those files. I don't know what the deal is...

Props though, as Quadmaster said...insane feedback. I honestly didn't expect anything.

InsideLine

SRD Member
Reaction score
It quite possibly could be the program that you're using can you download 7-Zip and try that?