Latest resources

FreeCamera NascarMan32
A new, working camera editor for NR2003!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - BRIS2 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - BRIS2
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - DAY3 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - DAY3
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - KAN1 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - KAN1
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - TEX1 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - TEX1
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Worst NR 2003 Crash You’ve Had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan597

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
So when I was looking at the “Worst Non-Fatal Crashes?” thread, I thought that it might be a good idea to start a similar thread on worst NR 2003 crashes.

I have too many crashes to count, but one of mine was when I was messing around at Talladega one day when I turned Jake Sprague in the tri-oval and flipped after getting hit by Kenny Wallace. He flipped 14 1/2 times and came to rest on his side on the apron, but then Bill Elliot came by and nailed him ON HIS ROOF and sent him flying through the air. Jake finally stopped just before the finish line on all four tires, but then Rusty Wallace came out of nowhere and hit Sprague’s car hard on the front end and sent his car spinning many more times before finally coming to rest in the infield.

Here are a few pics:

Attachments

Gwen Cole

93 Wins
SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I would classifiy this as my worst, but my most heartbreaking crash was before I got NR2003 and was using the demo. I was racing at Talladega, trying to move up on the outside, when out of nowhere Jimmie Johnson turns Ryan Newman into me causing a crash which ruins my race. If I saved it as a replay, I might be able to get some pics.

nascarfreak88

Sarcasmus pessimus
SRD Member
Reaction score
Not the worst by any means, but most heartbreaking was when I was at Lowe's in 1998, I was racing Jeff Gordon for the win, and on the last lap in turn 3, Bill Elliott spins in front of us. He's way high, so I commit low. His car finds itself in front of me and I hit him full bore, killing my engine. I put it into neutral, but Jeff passes me and wins. I coasted to finish 5th. I felt like a total David Pearson XD

Frigus5

Proud Fan of Romain Grosjean
SRD Member
Reaction score
I flipped out of Talladega 70-80's once. So far outside the track the game crashed.

PepsiRacer4

The One and Only
SRD Member
Reaction score
In the deadliest aspect? Probably at Atlanta Ejiyx where Gordon got turned by Landon Cassill going to into Turn 1 head on and getting drilled in the drivers side by Kevin Conway. Conway was going 190-200.

Ceej

SRD Member
Reaction score
I've had too many horrifying crashes in league practice sessions to remember the worst of them :p

Gwen Cole

93 Wins
SRD Member
Reaction score
Nice. The 3rd picture looks like the car is kicking up dirt.

Johnboy87nc

SRD Member
Reaction score
I was racing at Daytona, this just happened yesterday, and I qualified 32nd. I worked my way up through the field and took the lead with 3 to go. Another car passed me, with 2 to go, on the inside going through turns 1 and 2. Then coming to the white flag I tried to get to the bottom on the frontstretch to go to the inside of the leader and I didn't have the third place car completely clear. He barely touches me I get loose hit the wall then all hell breaks loose. I bet the wreck took out 20+ cars.

Like I said this just happened yesterday so it is still fresh in my mind. haha.

amidst tundra

SRD Member
Reaction score
Not me personally, but at Atlanta Jaime McMurray clipped Ryan Newman who had spun out and came to rest in the middle of the track. McMurray started turning to regain forward momentum when Reed Sorenson came out of nowhere (all the other ai had gone low) and hammered into his front fender at about 180mph. McMurray and Sorenson go flying down the track where Sorenson finally comes to rest sideways on top of Mark Martin. Meanwhile after flipping numerous times McMurray slid, roof first onto the apron only to be hit, drivers side upside down by John Andretti, who was doing about 160mph. In real life it would have been brutal.

I also had another good one at Daytona (again not involving or caused by me) where Regan Smith had been turned around and Mark Martin t-boned him at 190mph sending both cars cartwheeling down the track. Had to reset the panic_decel after that because Smith had been turned around for a good 5 seconds before Martin tried driving through him.

The Captain

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Eight Bowl. Was trying to get a bit of a side draft off of the 18 and ended up sending him into the end of the pit wall.

WoofGM

Since 1994
SRD Member
Reaction score
I had one at Charlotte in the trucks. Mike Skinner got tapped in the rear, proceeded to slide, then rolled a bit, then went up in the air like a plane. He spun in the air over the infield, then while still spinning, he went over and through the grandstands. I still have the replay.

labontefanboy

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I had one where Ryan Newman and Mark Martin got stuck together at 197 mph, slammed the inside guardrail heading into turn 1 at Daytona, and Newman started barrel rolling so violently that he ended up flipping above the catch fence in turn 2, and got drilled by Brad Keselowski on the way down and slid on his roof for 300 feet. Epic. And not caused by me. Even more epic.

Phantomguy24

TyV2
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'll have to search a bit for my worst, but my most heartbreaking was at Charlotte in a mock all star race. I started in the back and had worked my way through the field to 5th when the caution came out with 10 to go. After a bad pitstop i restarted in 13th and restarted with 6 laps to go. I was in a rush to get to the front and made a bunch of crazy moves that worked. Then the second place car (Matt Kenseth) got pinched into the outside wall by the first place car (Jaime Mac i believe) and spun down the track. Into my right rear quarter panel. I finished second to last.

SKiNDATA

SRD Member
Reaction score
I still got the replay where I flipped over the infield fence on Michigan.

Ryan597

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Felt like uploading a pretty good wreck I had a while back with the AI Drafting Distance turned down. (If you have it turned down to 1.00 or lower, you'll always get really good wrecks that are caused by the AI)

Attachments

Numbers

SRD Member
Reaction score
i have three:
Daytona 08
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvTIkfjkiu8]YouTube - ‪The Big One At Daytona(NR2K3)‬‏[/ame]
I blame burton for that one.
daytona RR 2010
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-WPDiNe7SA]YouTube - ‪NR2k3 Crash @ Daytona‬‏[/ame]
Racing Jeff for the lead,i get by him,and tony follows and begins to fight for the lead as well,i think i came down slightly in front of him, or vise versa....

And Texas Pratice:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kV6zfZ-Q3M]YouTube - ‪Practice Crash‬‏[/ame]

That one was just worng place worng time. I saw him spinning and try to go high,he just followed me up

Status
Not open for further replies.