1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Wouldnt This Be The Coolest Idea For Nascar The Game Inside Line!?

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by 123456789colton, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 123456789colton

123456789colton Well-Known Member

So I was thinking about some ideas for the new nascar game, basically what I would like too see in the new game from Eutechnyx...and well I highly doubt this would be possible for this release of the game in November, but I still want too share the idea with everyone...

For career mode I think you should start out as a nobody in Nascar, you have your team, no sponsers YET, and you have low quality equipment (kind of like NT 2004) So the first race is the Daytona 500, and you have your team, and your car, now your ready too try and make a name for yourself. The real catcher is this, theres not just 43 cars racing, Eutechnyx needs too include ALL drivers, even the start and park drivers, and the go or go home cars as well, so now at Daytona instead of 43 cars qualifying and then racing lets say you have 53 cars trying too make the 500 and your one of them, since this is your first race your not locked in, you need too qualify and have a great lap too make the race, in this case 10 cars will not make the show, and they will go home. Now if you dont make the 43 car field, then I think the player should recieve $1000 or maybe less for attempting too make the field, with that money they can upgrade there equpiment and hope they make the next race, and if not then well, the process repeats itself. Now, if you make the field for your first 500, you then have too race the gatorade duels, youll most likely start in the back, and well you race that then the 500. I think that would add some realism in the career mode. Also with the idea I just posted, I think you should have too start in the truck series, if theres more than 36 trucks you have too race your way in, when you win the championship in trucks, then you move too nationwide, and so on. Also after you compete in your first race you then will start getting people that want too sponser you.

The next idea I had is this...
    We need as realistic damage as possible for this too work, if Eutechnyx can fix the damage glitches and actually make damage really realistic I think this should be a feature, if you get involved in a wreck instead of getting the damage fixed in a 20 second pitstop, I think you should have the choice of retiring or going into the garage, then your one of the crew members working on your car, lets say you need too beat dents out of your car, well you would have a mallet in one hand, the x button (for ps3) would trigger the mallet too hit the damaged car, and one of the analog sticks moves the mallet. I think if you could somehow fix your car thatd be a really neat and new feature! You might have a welder in your hand and the x button starts welding parts of the car off so you can put replacement parts on your car, say for instance you need too cut the front bumper off and put a new one on. Then when you finnally get your car repaired you go back out on the track, and your car must meet the speed requirments too continue too race.

Also we need the ai cars too retire if they have bad enough damage!

Im hoping too get feedback on these ideas, if enough people like these ideas, I can send this post too Eutechnyx and they might consider trying these ideas in there future games! (They have said they listen too what we want so :D )

What do you guys think of these ideas?

1 person likes this.
  2. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

Those are great ideas and it doesn't hurt to pass them on! Too bad it's most likely very difficult for them to design.

1 person likes this.
  3. S. Yogurt

S. Yogurt Well-Known Member

Truck and NW is confirmed out, go or go homers will not be in the game, but the whole field will be full of strictly cup drivers. AI can DNF. So can the player. Cool ideas though! :)

1 person likes this.
  4. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

For this year..... :D

5. 123456789colton

Thank you! I wanna see how many people like these ideas and would like too see them in the future, then maybe Eutechnyx can try too make it happen :) if we landed a man on the moon, then they can make a video game like this! :D lol

Yeah I saw the trucks and nw are out, but im happy the whole field will be cup drivers and that both ai cars and the players can DNF. And thank you! :) maybe if enough people like these ideas then they could try for it next year :)

Thats right :D lol

6. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Nice Ideas, but I say they should also have a "story mode" where you're a freh rookie who just ranked up from the NNS and Trucks, and you have to make a name for yourself! Basicaly, a carrer mode on steriods. And with diolauge other than "up high" "We will fix the damage" and, my favorite, "You're the new leader!".

1 person likes this.
  7. 123456789colton

Basically both my idea and your idea in one? and yeah I agree completly, I get tired of hearing the same thing from the spotter. I would love too have the trucks and nationwide in the game, but not this year :(

8. celticfang

celticfang Waffle addict

Story mode? No thanks. Rather have a career mode like CH2k8. How that worked was an 'open' career where you could start anywhere, and a 'legacy' mode where you only had smaller schools and had to work your way up.

I love that idea, I would also love a more in depth career mode than just driving and basic stuff, NBA 2k12 has press conferences, it has team/league/fan meters, so if (say) you insult LeBron while on the Heat your chemistry will take a dive but your fan popularity will skyrocket.

EDIT: Oh and for the damage thing, NASCAR/car makers dictate how much damage can be in the game/movie/whatever, car makers usually set down strict conditions for games

9. JRRacing64

JRRacing64 Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but I really hope they never do the Trucks or Nationwide and just keep it Cup cars only. I always use NT2003 and 04 as examples of good console Nascar games that were later turned to crap when they added Nationwide, Trucks, and Modifieds.

The main reason why was because they had to cut the good things like the detailed career mode and the pre race and post race cut scenes in order to include them.

I would rather have a decent console Nascar game with just 1 series then to have a mediocre Nascar game with 3 or 4 series. Less is more!

1 person likes this.
  10. 123456789colton

Thats true, NT2004 was my favorite game from EA, the career mode was alot of fun and challenging too.

That would be cool if say 2 other Game Developing companies made separate games for Nascar. Eutechnyx made the Sprint Cup Series games and then 2 other companies made games, one for Trucks, and one for Nationwide.

11. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

That would be cool but other than the bigger Nascar fans who on earth would buy it?

12. 123456789colton

Not really sure, I mean there would proboly be a good amount of people that would buy it, maybe. Ive been seeing alot of people talking about those 2 series being in the game

13. MnM1400

MnM1400 Well-Known Member

As much as I wish that there were truck and Nationwide in the game, I would be willing to wait for them for a few years or as long as it takes for Eutechnyx gets them right and get full fields of REAL drivers if they choose to add them, I never liked the EA games where they had 30 - 40 real cup drivers and then fictional drivers and then for Nationwide and Trucks they had maybe 10 real drivers and 40 fictionals. I think go or go home is one of the best ideas, you should be able to choose in your difficulty settings if you want top 35 mode on or off so if you were outside the top 35 you would have to get in on speed and if it was off you were locked in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.