Latest resources

FreeCamera NascarMan32
A new, working camera editor for NR2003!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - BRIS2 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - BRIS2
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - DAY3 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - DAY3
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - KAN1 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - KAN1
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - TEX1 Hendrick9Fan
98 - Ford Performance Racing School Mustang - TEX1
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Your Ideal NASCAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattSRD28

SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner
Staff member
Reaction score
The Chase is going to be an integral part of the Cup Series' next big title sponsor contract. I hope you all realize that.

jacobc62

The OG NASCAR Tiger.
Banned
Reaction score
The Chase is going to be an integral part of the Cup Series' next big title sponsor contract. I hope you all realize that.
I will laugh if the next title sponsor actually says "No more Chase". Some of the others here can dream, right?

18fan4life

Fear the Dorb.
SRD Member
Reaction score
My ideal NASCAR is one dominated by names like Earnhardt, Labonte, Petty, Allison, Waltrip, Yarbrough, Gordon, Jarrett, Gant... No chase... and the old points system. Basicly I want the Winston Cup back. I'll live with whatever Brian France decides to screw up next, but I won't like it.

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
- 750 HP cars CUP cars
- Less Downforce
- Limited Ride Heigh
- Keep the Chase
- Stop all of the complaining fans about the Chase, trashing other drivers, and have the fans stop trying to relive the past.
**Beg Arca to use NASCAR's COT, so Arca drivers don't kill each other.**
- More safer equipment for all drivers, teams, officials, and camera crew.
- Make the Roof Flaps smaller for the CUP cars
- The list can go on

Enter Sandman

...And Justice For All
SRD Member
Reaction score
To regain my interest, they'd need to drop some 1.5 mile races and add more road courses.

I don't really care about the season long championship format because I'm not going to watch all the races anyway, but I'll admit that I was excited about the fact that Newman had a shot at the championship so I tuned in to Homestead. Aside from that race, the only two I watched were the road courses.

If they could do it (though they won't because NASCAR and the FIA want different things on tracks as far as walls and rumble strips), I'd want to see Montreal get a Cup date. I'd love to see Cup cars at Laguna Seca. Try a street course like St Petersburg. There are so many options for turning right.

I'd also love to the Modifieds get more attention. Tout them as the number 4 series behind the trucks. Expand it nationally (and bring them back to Lime Rock Park please, my schedule was never clear when they were there before). The mods put on some of the greatest racing and yet get very little attention.

My last one is a bit of a pipe dream. I'd love to see more manufacturers in NASCAR. I think the reason there's not more is that they'd rather not spend their resources on a series with waning popularity, but new manufacturers could attract some new fans and provide a breath of fresh air. Hyundai, Nissan, Honda, Volkswagen. They all build cars in the US. Of course, I'd love to see Dodge back too. Back in the old days of NASCAR you'd see much more diversity as far as manufacturers. A Jaguar even won a race on a road course in the '50s.

AMLNet49

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Make the championship secondary, make winning each individual race more prestigious. To accomplish this, do not make the race sponsors pay for their name to be on TV, but do give each race a generic name and tack the sponsor's name on the front end to make it fair for both sides. Also NASCAR would sell the race sponsorships instead of the tracks. You'll see why in a minute.

The reason the championship has become primary is because Sprint/Nextel has always thought that it was better for people to constantly talk about winning the Sprint/Nextel Cup as if it is the only thing any driver cares about. So with this new sponsor, change up how the sponsor's name is distributed. The series sponsor would get to title sponsor 12 races for free. They would also sponor the championship, which as I said returns to points but is less important to people not involved in the title fight. The points would get some creative name such as the "Sprint Spread" or something like that. The series sponsor would also receive numerous promotional opportunities during the race as Sprint already does, and the both the Shootout and All Star sponsorship. As part of this, victory lane becomes known as "(series sponsor) victory lane" and the series sponsor also recieves free title sponsorship of pole qualifying on both networks.

Basically the Chase is rendered unnecessary because of the new ways to involve the title sponsor in things that are pumped up as prestigious.

Status
Not open for further replies.