1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

It ain't over yet, that's the scary part.

ShadowKnight508 likes this.
  2. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Melter of Snowflakes

Maybe not, but I am ready to see it go. I think I'm going to celebrate the end of this year in a big way.

There was only 2-3 good things about this year, but quite a few bad things, which calls for a heightened amount of rum come New Years Eve.

Tetronix and Spike like this.
  3. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

A Heightened amount of Whiskey can't wash away the reminder of this year lol

Tetronix likes this.
  4. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 SRD Cup Series Driver - #81 Ford Fusion

Godspeed, Carrie Fisher. I was relieved that you managed to pull through that massive heart attack last Friday, but it saddens me to see yet another actor/actress taken from us way too soon in what has been a rough year for celebrity deaths.

I am so done with this year. All of the wonderful people we have lost this year (actors, actresses, singers, innocent people who were victims of terror, etc) has made 2016 one of the worst years in recent memory. I look forward to the new year (in five days) so we can put an end to this terrible year.

2016 can go and get wrecked, for all I care.
    [​IMG]

Tetronix and Spike like this.
  5. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 Well-Known Member

Yea, fuck 2016 tbh. Really only good things that happened to me were CS:GO related, lol.

Tetronix and dalejr88rox like this.
  6. Gelato101

Gelato101 Well-Known Member

If you think people are going to stop dying because it isn't 2016, you're in for a rude awakening

7. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Ugh 2016. I'm getting too old. All those symbols from my youth are dying.

shaneshine23 likes this.
  8. RacerXero84

I think it's more this:

than thinking that a new year will halt death. I'm plenty experienced enough in the matter to understand the concept of inevitability.

9. games123

games123 NXS & NCWTS Painter

I wonder if Star Wars will have to change the plot of 8 now, or if they will just CGI her back in.

RIP. May the force be with you.

10. ShadowKnight508

She was done filming her parts for Episode VIII (title TBA), so I don't know what they will do with her part in the movie now that she has died. They most likely will either have her character killed after Ep. VIII ends or as you mentioned, use CGI in order to bring her back for Episode IX. More info (credit to Wikipedia):

11. Gelato101

Gelato101 Well-Known Member

True, that came out a lot more tactless than it sounded in my head. I am sorry for that

12. RacerXero84

10-4, all good, text-only communication has it's flaws lol

Tetronix likes this.
  13. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Fuck 2016. Fuck the rest of this week. Let's start 2017 now before 2016 takes anyone else.

Rest in peace Carrie.

14. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 SRD's Resident Future Meteorologist

If anything, I could see this happening, especially since the brief appearance of Princess Leia in Rouge One is a digital likeness of Carrie, just as it was for the somewhat larger role of Grand Moff Tarkin. The actor that played him, Peter Cushing, died in 1994, so I wouldn't be surprised if Carrie lives on in future films this way.

15. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Yeah that sucks about Carrie Fisher, it was unexpected becasue I thought they said she was in stable condition., Guess things got worse again. They've said filing for VIII is complete so this will be another movie like Batman Dark Knight or Star Trek Beyond where a person in the film is dead. Always a weird thing to see a great performance from an actor that died like a year ago. I am sure they will mention her in the credits or do something with her final scene to let the audience know this is the last time she;s on screen.

As for as people dying in 2016 its gunna happen every year, but with Carrie thats someone I grew up watching so it more impactful to me than a bunch of the others.

That really sucks but glad you had a backup. I've never has a SSD fail before so that is really surprising. I always try to tell people backup everything on external drives as often as you can. There is no way I want to lose all my projects including my NR2003 stuff to a hard drive going back. I can replace a drive for like $100 and be back in a day or so but losing my work is months and years of progression that can never be replicated 100% again.

16. champ4811

champ4811 Muscle Heaven

I think Star Wars should do a little tribute to Carrie Fisher like the way they did with Paul Walker at the end of Furious 7. That would be really cool.

The upside to 2016 was what has occurred in sports this year. Peyton Manning and the Broncos won SB50 in his last season, we had the closest Daytona 500 finish in history, a buzzer-beater win for the Championship in College Basketball, Kobe scored 60 pts. in his last game, Cleveland finally ended their title drought in the NBA Finals, the Chicago Cubs won the World Series for the first time since 1908, and Jimmie Johnson won his 7th Championship. I'm sure there's more but that's all I could think of.

But I'm all for 2016 ending like NOW. Only a couple good things happened to me all this year and I just want it to end.

17. nj9703

nj9703 Well-Known Member

Just realized that I'm not a millennial, but actually part of Generation Z (I had never really cared when the dates were).

Honestly good with that, being as Generation Z is far more conservative, both socially and fiscally.

18. ShadowKnight508

19. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

Debbie Reynolds has now passed away. Heartbreaking for their family. My thoughts are with them :(

20. ShadowKnight508