1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

Saw this on Facebook:
    "Sad how everyone is upset by the celebrities that we've lost in 2016. But in case you didn't know, 138 police officers died this year, along with 87 firefighters and 14 United States soldiers, with the year not over yet. Now, this is just me, but can you name one celebrity that died caring about you, your family, your safety, or your freedom? Now, go back mourning the people that play make believe, and I will put my heart, tears and support where it belongs."
    Something to think about

Benjamin Fruth and nj9703 like this.
  2. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Happy Retirement, Dale Jr!

If it does happen, have fun! Be sure to share any awesome photos from race weekends (especially Daytona and Talladega) if you are there!

3. flyersfan4888

flyersfan4888 I do things sometimes.

I'll do what I can. Photos are a little tough to grab when you're constantly busy ;D lol

TColeman12 and ShadowKnight508 like this.
  4. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

To be fair most people do not know them on a national or global scale like celebrities though. While not all but most well known people might just be 'entertainers' they have brought joy to a lot of people and in some cases helped people get through hard times/depression/sickness by enjoying the content they've made. Many have donated millions to or promoted organizations that have no doubt saved lives too so to say they didn't do jack but sing a few tunes or were behind the camera is a little shallow and narrow minded in my opinion. With being famous comes the power to spark movements or move resources that would have otherwise been closed. The same way some famous sports guy can light the face up on a child I get the same emotions when I'd see someone like Carrie Fisher in Star Wars.

I'd much rather be celebrating the life of someone who spent it not waging war but peace doing fun things that others can enjoy. Firefighters, police officers, and soldiers are here to protect and serve. They are the silent guardians who allow the rest to enjoy life without violence. In fairness to them though they do get praise as well, almost every major sports event at the beginning thanking those who serve and served. And don't forget those same 'singers and movie stars' this guy is putting down sings about or plays a role in movies about soldiers/officers. Just recount all the war movies alone (like Hacksaw Ridge this year) that are about remembering the people who lost their lives.

Long story short I don't have a problem with people being sad about someone famous dying, most of those who were famous had a positive impact in people's lives. Taking a bullet shouldn't be the only way for someone to receive remembrance in life.

5. champ4811

champ4811 Muscle Heaven

So Ronda Rousey lasted 48 seconds in her return to the UFC. She. Got. Rocked.

6. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 SRD IndyCar Series Director

Her career's done.

7. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

So I made another stop motion

8. nj9703

nj9703 Non sibi sed patriae

@dalejr88rox thank you for having what is pretty much the only stop motion series that isn't one big cringe.

dalejr88rox and Tetronix like this.
  9. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

Nice! It makes me miss my SuperTruck series diecast I had a couple years back.

dalejr88rox and Tetronix like this.
  10. ChadVSO

ChadVSO 2016 Brazilian Série D champions

Sorry, I hadn't get what you are thinking. What would be a "big cringe"?

11. nj9703

I mean that pretty much every other stop motion series makes me cringe because of how bad they are.

Tetronix and ChadVSO like this.
  12. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 "AWWW NOODLES!"

Today is Kyle Busch and Samantha's 6 year anniversary, Dale Jr's wedding, and Ryan Blaney's 23rd birthday. 10/10

games123 and dalejr88rox like this.
  13. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

Thanks haha. I know a few other good ones, but yeah there are a lot of bad series lol

14. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

Man I wish I could skate through the rest of my life without seeing or hearing another political argument. Just about everybody I see is so ignorant and stubborn on both sides nobody will ever get anywhere because everyone is wrong. It's just frustrating haha.

On another note. Happy New Years to all of you here on SRD! Here's to even more fun in 2017!

15. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

Me too. Had dinner with some friends last night and they turned on the news and when Trump came up one of them said the stupidest shit. They used to be pretty level headed political wise but this election... they believe the fake right wing news BS that they read on FB and other places. I tried telling them some of the stuff they read was not real & it's just a bunch of fake BS that some nutjob is posting but that fell on deaf ears lol.

burtonbraves likes this.
  16. The_Dolfan

The_Dolfan #Chasing8

Honestly, 2016 was not a bad year for me. In fact, it was a great year for me personally. Sure, many celebrities passed away but life is not all about celebrities. People are going to die, it's inevitable. It's just a shame that it had to be in bunches this year. I'm lucky that I and the closest people in my life are here to see 2017.

With that said, bring on 2017!

17. TColeman12

TColeman12 Dale Jr, off of 4, one last time...

Happy New Year to everyone!

canadienhits and games123 like this.
  18. JeffJordan

JeffJordan Yes, my name is actually Jeff Jordan

I became a member on this site 8 years ago today.

19. nj9703

Has anyone noticed this similarity in number font?
    IMG_3993.JPG
    IMG_3994.JPG

20. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 "AWWW NOODLES!"

Heath Miller to #83 in Indycar confirmed.