1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

He made the post about SRD, not me, lol. How is it I'm looking for attention?

2. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

God, this is so third grade. I've never been to Reddit. It it always like that?

BrendonH12 likes this.
  3. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Nah, it's just a select few people who chose to be like that.

4. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

I hear you, man! I don't do Reddit either.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  5. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

It's a lot like many dim caverns of the internet lately; people talk big behind a keyboard/screen, write checks with their mouth that their ass could never actually cash in the real world, and generally shit post because they're bored and seeking attention.

It's like Facebook, but almost everyone seems to act like they're 14 year old girls and everyone is screaming over one another -_-

EDIT: Also... that KB clown is still lurking in the swamp, projecting labels he himself is guilty of.

He, among a few others, is simply why I don't normally venture onto Reddit anymore.... I straight up cannot deal with that level of teenage angst and stupidity.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    canadienhits and MattyO like this.
  6. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

I keep forgetting NR2003 is filled with preteen people now.
    When I got into sim racing, it was a bunch of young adults facinated by the ability to race with each other online. And make the occasional paint job for each other. I still have that mindset when I moderate here or visit other places. I forget it's not like that anymore.

7. RacerXero84

I actually disagree. Look at some of the more established younger members here, for example. Decent people generally, that have the same mindset about the game that brought everyone together originally: the love of racing and the game's depth and scope.

Are there heaps of new guys coming in acting like they were raised with no sense? Sure. But out of that, we have managed to keep a few people who have been genuinely interesting people (may disagree with them at times, but life is not a circle jerk so... lol).

There is even a few individuals over on that sub that are decent, that aren't part of the insane mob mentality lead on by a few puppet masters and rabble-rousers.

Besides... since when have you EVER given 2 shits of a damn about what they think of you anyway? lol
    (for you youngsters, it's a great way to live life happily)

8. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Lawn Duty, Judge Judy

People are just upset they can't act like middle schoolers in a place where you're supposed to act like an adult.

9. bvc

bvc Hero Card & Diecast Enthusiast

I swear, people need to wear football helmets when they leave their houses. It's an internet forum. Not a life or death situation.

10. RacerXero84

That might be the problem; many people can't seem to put things into perspective in life, for various reasons, being emotionally sheltered and having participation trophies being one of many, so when something goes 'wrong', they have a meltdown and blame everyone else rather than evaluating the circumstances and learning from it.

USSTalladega, canadienhits and MattyO like this.
  11. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Yup. I don't know what happened but obviously there is a generational rift... Many people growing up these days are discovering that reality is a cold slap in the face compared to what they're used to.

12. GurtonBuster

GurtonBuster I'm in the business of misery

I think a problem with that is that parents today pretty much give whatever the child wants, instead of teaching them lessons they just cave into the meltdown to avoid it. Then, when they're adults, they just expect the same because they've never had it any other way.

USSTalladega and canadienhits like this.
  13. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

Well, here's a random thought that came off as a surprise...and because I didn't wanna dig up the wrestling thread again. Apparently there's been a meningitis infection going around the locker room and it effected Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt. So in a booking conflict, AJ Styles will face Finn Balor in the main event of TLC this Sunday night and replacing Reigns in the 5-on-3 handicap match will be...

Kurt Angle...

First time he'll wrestle in a WWE ring since 2006 before his departure to TNA.

ThatOneShredder likes this.
  14. DanAsher26

DanAsher26 Well-Known Member

15. Julio Chang

Julio Chang On the list of Jericho

Probably the first time in history a meningitis outbreak has been celebrated. Thrilled to see Kurt back. Wasn't expecting to see him wrestle again until a Mania somewhere down the road. AJ Styles vs Finn Balor is a miles better match up than watching him wrestle Bray again. That match is basically an internet wrestling fan's wet dream. I was kinda meh on this card going in but it's now a must see show for me.

16. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

Heres that post you were looking for @MattyO LOL
    "sb70t 19 hours ago

Here's the situation with the sites...

SRD - The problem with the site (always has been) is the owner. He has a rediculous & repugnant boss complex and his hand picked pet moderator force recognize this and go out of their way to appease that (often times mimick it)

The mods aren't upset when you ask the time scale of some sim paint or question (they thrive on that) entire point of their participation; they get a sense of importance and to display their board authority. The site owner (of I'd agree) the most frequented n2k3 paint site - really isn't that great of a sim painter.

So to compensate for that he routinely resorts to drama and dictator antics to keep himself relevant (been going on like clockwork for years) He'd like to be the star painter or 'designer' at his own site, but he's not (far from it), so in his mind (he pays for the site) he's wanting some cheap and easy attention for his return.

Stunod - Stunod is different because the actual owner (if it is still Stunod and he's even active) isn't like that. And I'm way out of the loop with SRD drama with SRD members clashing and relocating to other sites. But you have at least one guy at Stunod in a mod position who used to be at SRD who is a total whackjob. That participated in all the stalking, fraud, and other insanity directed at me, James of PRC, and others a few years back.

SRD will never change because just about all of the ppl who do the constant painting for the site have decided long ago that remaining under a dictatorship environment is worth it as opposed to being independent, setting up their own sites and escaping the drama. Honestly it's a sad/pathetic situation all the way around."

MattyO likes this.
  17. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

Honestly the thing that bothers me most about that (other than the rant itself) is the fact that he posted ALL THAT but felt the need to shorten the word "people" to text speak

18. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

Man...it's going to be weird seeing Kurt wrestling again after all of these years (I have not watched him wrestle on WWE in a long time). Great to see another opportunity to hear the fans chant "You Suck!" as he walks down the ramp again.

Skip to 1:57 in the video:

19. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Toad is still around, how nice. *rolls eyes*

RacerXero84 likes this.
  20. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 Lawn Duty, Judge Judy

20171020_212544.png

I know you're reading this, Chad. Love you, honey.