1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

Almost all of those guys should be banned for their trashy comments and putdowns. It's not only that post, but lots of other downloads that they backseat moderate and treat others with disrespect on. It's just a stomping grounds for the new guys who think they're hot shit and have the right and authority to even consider being rude towards others over there. There is no moderation of what happens on that site anymore, and Dave Reuille (WoofGM) did a lot of hard work to clean that site up before his unfortunate passing almost 2 years ago.

USSTalladega and joeykraus19 like this.
  2. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

[​IMG]

3. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

So, it finally got taken down.

4. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus!

I have to say, both parties are wrong, imo. I mean, who in their right mind would want to recreate a wreck that killed one of NASCAR's greats - one of the worst moments in NASCAR history?! Even if he hates Kenny Wallace and thinks he's an "anime villain!" But some, I wouldn't say all, but definitely some of those commenting on this mess stepped waaaaayyyy over the line. Really bad situation that shouldn't have happened in the first place, but whatever...

5. Tetronix

I mean, that was probably one of the worst cases of that sorta stuff happening over on that site - but some of the more prominent things that happen there on an almost-daily basis is "can u make [insert driver here]'s scheme from the daytona 350" or any of that request stuff. Nobody makes their own content anymore and they expect it to be handed to them. Hell, that was me when I first joined, I had requested cars for no reason and then blamed everyone for hating me, even though I did that to myself. I got banned, pulled my head out of my rear end and grew up. Another example that sometimes happens is the re-uploading of something you can find anywhere on Google or an actual NR-dedicated site. Someone just recently uploaded the "NR2003 Car File Converter" to NNR, even though it's available absolutely everywhere.

It's the stupid things like that, that gets them into hot water and with the level of immaturity flying off of the scale, it wages war between these people I assume are young kids and it just ruins what the site is used for.

6. Junebugrocks88

Junebugrocks88 The Wanderer of Sim Racing

The person that uploaded the car file converter is the same one that uploaded the Dale Sr reenactment that was just deleted. I'm pretty sure he also uploaded the 1.2.0.1 patch at some point

7. Tetronix

I just can't figure out how he hasn't learned his lesson yet. You can only do that so many times before you do...I dunno, I rarely check NNR anymore, more-so the fact that I don't really bother checking in the first place, but the second reason is just for the stupidity that happens over there now.

8. canadienhits

You can't fix stupid.....

9. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

I've done it and I've had it happen to me, which the latter is very aggravating. When I was doing my Looney Tunes carset I got "Could you do (character) next?" quite a few times which, while it wasn't that much of a problem since I planned to do every character anyways, was still frustrating since I had to move the ones I wanted to do next back. Then there was the guy who kept requesting a Space Jam car.....

Nevertheless I think (or at least hope to think) that we all learn and grow out of it eventually and I'm sure a lot of us younger guys here have done it too.

Tetronix likes this.
  10. Tetronix

I was bad for doing stupid things like that, but once I learned how to paint I learned that it takes time and energy to do schemes, and I know how it feels to not have that energy. You take for granted the skill that others have but you don't bother to take the time to acquire that same skill and paint your own stuff, whether it be for upload and download, or just for fun and personal use.

USSTalladega and EarnhardtFan like this.
  11. canadienhits

I find for me I'm a little A.R. when it comes to schemes for the weekend, so I do them up so I have at least the major players in the proper schemes (or close to it) for the weekend. I will say, I do the schemes purely for my own...selfishness. It it gratifying to at least put some effort/work into a scheme and see it run in the game. I don't get that same uplift with uploading others cars.

Tetronix likes this.
  12. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Well yeah, you're right. But it kind of triggers a whole new level of anger and disgust when someone puts up something racist like that, which is why I was driven to comment.

13. BrendonH12

I’m an idiot! I legit just got on this website and wrote as my username, simracingdesign.com! smh

14. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Anyone here have a g29? I'm trying to map the red dial to cycle through my f key menus but don't know how. You can make an assignment do multiple keystrokes but I want it to where when I turn the dial to the right or left it will cycle through F1-F9 one at a time and I can quickly select which fkey menu I want.

15. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Video editor, Meme Police, and certified B.A.M.F.

There was this program back in the day called JoyToKey or something similar that let you do stuff like that I think

16. dacinch8

dacinch8 901 Shelby Drive Look Alive

So I found this “real concept” for the 2019 Chevy Colorado while diving on the web. I mean come on, it’s just the Chevy Equinox taped to the front of it.
    [​IMG]

dalejr88rox and Thunder98 like this.
  17. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Admin

Honestly, it's getting hard to stay a Chevy guy as bad as their cars and trucks are looking...

18. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

It looks just odd on a truck but I also kinda like it

dacinch8 likes this.
  19. BrendonH12

I know the feeling, but with Ford. I haven't liked the F-150, 250, etc. since they changed the grill and tailgate on them. I really wish they'd go back to the way they used to be in the early 2000's.

20. bvc

bvc Bo Abraham: Remember the GOAT

My first job interview is on Thursday.